• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybe I Missed Something....And Our Backup QB Is?

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.....I guess we concede the season, even if Romo gets hurt for two or three games?

Dak......a rookie..... or Kellen.........

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Door is over there ------------>

I'm not giving up.....but weren't we supposedly in a better position last season ?
Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassel
And we gave Kellen Moore ,somewhat of a tryout, last season. Maybe he impressed you. He didn't impress me.
And Dak is a rookie.

But it does seem, that SOME other teams, have adequate backups at QB.

But maybe it's just a fact of life in the NFL.......lose your starting QB, it's tough to compete.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not giving up.....but weren't we supposedly in a better position last season ?
And we gave Kellen Moore ,somewhat of a tryout, last season. Maybe he impressed you. He didn't impress me.
And Dak is a rookie.

But maybe it's just a fact of life in the NFL.......lose your starting QB, it's tough to compete.
As of today, and maybe going into the season, it is Kellen. I wouldn't might adding a vet like Josh McCown, but it doesn't really matter, like any other team, if our starter goes down for an extended period, we are screwed....hence the pick of Elliott. I would wager Romo will throw less than normal and a lot of play action

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dak is a rookie.

I was just being my dickish self.
I'mnot going to dwell on the what ifs even though it's a good chance our BU will need to pkay, but you hit the nail on the head about it being life in the NFL that few reams can lose their starting QB, granted Dallas is near or is at the bottom with its BU.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We tried. We tried for Lynch and we were going to take Cook. It just didn't work out. Would we really be better off this year with Lynch than our 2 and 3? I know Smith isn't on the roster but everyone seems to think Lynch won't be ready to play this year anyway - I have no opinion on this personally since I think you need to see a guy practice before you can say this. There are also still guys out there that we could sign and could be others in a few months.

The way things look right now if Romo has yet another big injury and goes out for the year we are likely done. There is pretty much no arguing this with a reasonable mind. BUT,,,who knows what could change...why don't we wait to see what Dak is before we put it in stone that he can't play? Maybe Dak is ready to compete week 1? I do think Moore showed with his play last year he is not likely the answer at backup QB and I'd be looking to move on from him with a guy like Hoyer. As a backup you either need to be able to win now or possibly be the starter in the future. I don't think Moore is the best choice for either of those. From what I heard the team liked Showers a lot. Maybe he has progressed to where they want to see what he has this year as a #2 or maybe Dak proves quickly to be a competent backup.

Regardless if Romo doesn't miss time it's a moot point and if he misses a few games we can certainly still win the East. Let's say he misses 3 games and we go 1-2. That doesn't end our season and most backups (even Kellen Moore or a guy like Hoyer) should be able to give us a chance at that. IMO this is a discussion for after the preseason when we see if Showers or Moore takes a step forward or if Dak looks the part of an NFL QB or even if we signed a different veteran by then. And remember even if Romo is healthy someone is getting a lot of Wednesday snaps. For young guys that can be huge.

With health at other spots and a better running game I bet this team would do a little better even with the same backups form last year. So if Romo gets hurt it comes down to how bad and for how long. Most teams are in trouble if the QB goes out for the year. For us it just seems a little bit more likely to happen.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jerruh can't be blamed for not overpaying for a marginal talent qb. if Romo goes down in the early going another top 10 pick awaits. I do think the defense will be improved over last season. I really like the players we got in the draft

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came over here to write something really smart and thoughtful regarding your QB situation and all Ive been reading on here is you guys talking about dicks and stuff.... soooooo, Im gonna leave you boys alone before my ass gets slapped by a towel. Carry on. Oh, lights on or off?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came over here to write something really smart and thoughtful regarding your QB situation and all Ive been reading on here is you guys talking about dicks and stuff.... soooooo, Im gonna leave you boys alone before my ass gets slapped by a towel. Carry on. Oh, lights on or off?
You're not an ass at all.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capt. something smart and thoughtful would be a nice change.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We tried. We tried for Lynch and we were going to take Cook. It just didn't work out. Would we really be better off this year with Lynch than our 2 and 3? I know Smith isn't on the roster but everyone seems to think Lynch won't be ready to play this year anyway - I have no opinion on this personally since I think you need to see a guy practice before you can say this. There are also still guys out there that we could sign and could be others in a few months.

The way things look right now if Romo has yet another big injury and goes out for the year we are likely done. There is pretty much no arguing this with a reasonable mind. BUT,,,who knows what could change...why don't we wait to see what Dak is before we put it in stone that he can't play? Maybe Dak is ready to compete week 1? I do think Moore showed with his play last year he is not likely the answer at backup QB and I'd be looking to move on from him with a guy like Hoyer. As a backup you either need to be able to win now or possibly be the starter in the future. I don't think Moore is the best choice for either of those. From what I heard the team liked Showers a lot. Maybe he has progressed to where they want to see what he has this year as a #2 or maybe Dak proves quickly to be a competent backup.

Regardless if Romo doesn't miss time it's a moot point and if he misses a few games we can certainly still win the East. Let's say he misses 3 games and we go 1-2. That doesn't end our season and most backups (even Kellen Moore or a guy like Hoyer) should be able to give us a chance at that. IMO this is a discussion for after the preseason when we see if Showers or Moore takes a step forward or if Dak looks the part of an NFL QB or even if we signed a different veteran by then. And remember even if Romo is healthy someone is getting a lot of Wednesday snaps. For young guys that can be huge.

With health at other spots and a better running game I bet this team would do a little better even with the same backups form last year. So if Romo gets hurt it comes down to how bad and for how long. Most teams are in trouble if the QB goes out for the year. For us it just seems a little bit more likely to happen.
If Romo goes down, they may be pulling a Rams/Eagles type trade to try and get the QB out on Clemson(who is a freaking Stud)