• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybe I Missed Something....And Our Backup QB Is?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remain flat out amazed at all the football QB guru's on this site. You guys saw enough from Showers to warrant hope but saw nothing in the two games Moore played. Flat out amazing. It's as if nobody with a big league throwing arm ever made it at this level. We are talking about a back up QB to play in a pinch, not the fourth or fifth coming of Cowboy QB greatness. I remain unsure and require an additional look this preseason....kinda like the coaching staff on this team!
I wouldn't say we saw enough of Showers,I'd say I saw enough of Moore to warrant doubt.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd of liked to see Showers play, but think about it, he couldn't out play Moore. Unless Dak is ready a Romo injury probably ends the season.
how many different ways can you say the same thing? Is it a once a week requirement?

I wouldn't say we saw enough of Showers,I'd say I saw enough of Moore to warrant doubt.
thankfully me and apparently the cowboy coaching staff didn't see what you QB guru's saw

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it before and I will say it again: Moore does not have an NFL arm. I said last season that showers gave this team the best chance to win. I think Moore would make a good qb coach. Moore is a huge liability on the field.
My head agrees with you, but my heart wants to kick you in the nuts. :D

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many different ways can you say the same thing? Is it a once a week requirement?

thankfully me and apparently the cowboy coaching staff didn't see what you QB guru's saw
I guess I'm not allowed an opinion or if I do have one I can only state it once. Hell if we all played by those rules this board would only be slightly busier than the Giants board.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm not allowed an opinion or if I do have one I can only state it once. Hell if we all played by those rules this board would only be slightly busier than the Giants board.
I suppose you could look at it this way if you were so inclined.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remain flat out amazed at all the football QB guru's on this site. You guys saw enough from Showers to warrant hope but saw nothing in the two games Moore played. Flat out amazing. It's as if nobody with a big league throwing arm ever made it at this level. We are talking about a back up QB to play in a pinch, not the fourth or fifth coming of Cowboy QB greatness. I remain unsure and require an additional look this preseason....kinda like the coaching staff on this team!
Steve Walsh had a stronger arm than Moore. not trying to hate on moore. I like the mental part of his game. If he had the arm he would have been a starter somewhere by now.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am no guru or scout I just don't seem to see what Linehan or the coaching staff see in Moore to warrant keeping him as the Backup. And being perfectly honest this group of coaches has not exactly proven they know what a NFL QB is either. Not having developed 1 single QB. Of course you have to have the talent to work with but that's a different pile of opinions we can talk about some other time.
Moore looks to have the football smarts to make it in the NFL. The rest of the tools? Obviously my opinion is just one of many that mean squat to the staff of the Cowboys.

I just think we can do better at backup QB than Moore that's it in a nutshell. If the Kid proves me wrong I will happily admit I was wrong.

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no guru or scout I just don't seem to see what Linehan or the coaching staff see in Moore to warrant keeping him as the Backup. And being perfectly honest this group of coaches has not exactly proven they know what a NFL QB is either. Not having developed 1 single QB. Of course you have to have the talent to work with but that's a different pile of opinions we can talk about some other time.
Moore looks to have the football smarts to make it in the NFL. The rest of the tools? Obviously my opinion is just one of many that mean squat to the staff of the Cowboys.

I just think we can do better at backup QB than Moore that's it in a nutshell. If the Kid proves me wrong I will happily admit I was wrong.

JMHO
Exactly. Moore, Showers or Dak may prove to be a great back up as early as this year or even better we may not even need one. But looking at it objectively you have to accept that Romo is more likely than most QBs to get injured and our current backups would all need to take a big step forward to be even an average backup. More competition at the spot was needed IMO. The job of those who run NFL teams is to constantly upgrade your talent and we just haven't put enough of a priority on doing that here (it's been McGee and Dak over how many years?). No one has stated there is no chance Moore will ever be any good. Just that their opinion based on what they have seen so far tells them they'd rather have someone else or at least a little more competition to make him earn it. There are probably 15-20 spots on this team I'd like to see a talent upgrade. Not sure why this one seems to be untouchable when it is so important

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMHO

But that's my point Colors. Do you think these professional coaches just have a crush on Moore cause he brings in the donuts each morning? There must be something there that didn't show up on the stat line when he played the last two weeks last year. They must feel the kid showed something.

Sure you can do better at back up QB if that's the mission. You can draft QB in the first two rounds are bring in Foles, Weeden or a Cassells type. It's still all about money allocation at positions in a capped league.

maybe....just maybe they have an idea

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not plug and play.
Weeden & Cassells shoulda told you boys that.
We drafted Dak.....BUT that's not enough for some cause they feel Foles this this years answer.

That is the point more so than ANY fan here thinking Moore is the second coming of QB greatness.

Maybe these coaches know a little more than the stat lines from the last two games. (which were pretty good all things considered)

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's my point Colors. Do you think these professional coaches just have a crush on Moore cause he brings in the donuts each morning? There must be something there that didn't show up on the stat line when he played the last two weeks last year. They must feel the kid showed something.

Sure you can do better at back up QB if that's the mission. You can draft QB in the first two rounds are bring in Foles, Weeden or a Cassells type. It's still all about money allocation at positions in a capped league.

maybe....just maybe they have an idea
With that line of thinking we fans shouldn't question any player on the roster. Just because I don't see NFL talent in a guy doesn't mean I want him to fail, I want every Cowboy to be great, including the obesity I hate like T.O.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not plug and play.
Weeden & Cassells shoulda told you boys that.
We drafted Dak.....BUT that's not enough for some cause they feel Foles this this years answer.

That is the point more so than ANY fan here thinking Moore is the second coming of QB greatness.

Maybe these coaches know a little more than the stat lines from the last two games. (which were pretty good all things considered)
For what it's worth, I'm good with Dak, I'm good with no free agents brought in, just that I'm hoping Romo stays upright until Dak is ready.
In all honesty other than trading up or reaching on QB, there wasn't much more Dallas could have done to fix the QB position and I didn't want to trade up or reach.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that line of thinking we fans shouldn't question any player on the roster. Just because I don't see NFL talent in a guy doesn't mean I want him to fail, I want every Cowboy to be great, including the obesity I hate like T.O.
What?
Many do....I do and I'm sorry I disagree with you about Foles.

My point is the coaches know more than you & I, but I'm sure I'll be lumped in as a Moore ball washer for not standing in line with the boards thinking on this.

It's all good Manster. You think and post whatever you feel and I'll do the same. :suds:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, I'm good with Dak, I'm good with no free agents brought in, just that I'm hoping Romo stays upright until Dak is ready.
In all honesty other than trading up or reaching on QB, there wasn't much more Dallas could have done to fix the QB position and I didn't want to trade up or reach.
Correct....we agree, Lets call it a day

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for Moore being here and getting a chance. He played in 3 games, not really much of a sample to judge him by. Plus he was behind Romo and weeden to start, then weeden and cassel the rest of the year - how many reps was he getting? Not much. I'm not in favor of foles coming here if Colt McCoy had made it to the open market I could have been on board with that depending on money. Moore showed some promise in some ways, is he ever going to light the league on fire? No but he might turn out to be a good, average backup in the long run. There will also be other QB cuts coming as things go forward so that might be in their heads too. I'm willing to wait and see. I think Moore might have enough to win a few.