• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybe I Missed Something....And Our Backup QB Is?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Romo goes down, they may be pulling a Rams/Eagles type trade to try and get the QB out on Clemson(who is a freaking Stud)
Yeah, that's a good point. It may not matter who is #2. Ideally we lucked out with Dak and he turns into something. I'm not as high on him as some but I am excited to read about him and then see him in the preseason.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Romo goes down, they may be pulling a Rams/Eagles type trade to try and get the QB out on Clemson(who is a freaking Stud)
If he goes down it will depend on when if Rams/Eagles trade is necessary.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't assume Romo goes down an extended period because of last season, all the history with his back, but understand those that do. I laugh at redskin fans poo pooing the Elliot pick up because it's known fact of not but when

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't assume Romo goes down an extended period because of last season, all the history with his back, but understand those that do. I laugh at redskin fans poo pooing the Elliot pick up because it's known fact of not but when

Reading their posts their counting on it for a shot at the division.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As everybody knows, I'm a great fan of Tony Romo........see also ESPN message board and stats I posted....
Some posters called me his agent

Romo has a cap hit in 2017 of 25 mil......dead money 19 mil
2018.....25 mil cap hit and 9 mil in dead money

I guess this season, Tony has a cap hit of 20 mil ...9 mil base salary...unless I never heard about a redo

I suppose Jerry tries to redo future deals.....and create more credit card debt

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading their posts their counting on it for a shot at the division.
Please after RGIIIs rookie season all we heard was the dynasty was in Town and that ship crashed on the rocks. I think all NFC East teams should have learned over the last 3 seasons that anything can and will happen in this division.

The team I worry most about in 2016 is the New York Football Giants. Actually, the team I worry about most is the Cowboys just staying healthy and doing what I think the talent on their team says they can do, but the Giants are the other team in the division I think will be the most likely to be fighting for the division title by year end

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please after RGIIIs rookie season all we heard was the dynasty was in Town and that ship crashed on the rocks. I think all NFC East teams should have learned over the last 3 seasons that anything can and will happen in this division.

The team I worry most about in 2016 is the New York Football Giants. Actually, the team I worry about most is the Cowboys just staying healthy and doing what I think the talent on their team says they can do, but the Giants are the other team in the division I think will be the most likely to be fighting for the division title by year end
Not sure if you're calling my post BS or not. I will agree NY looks to be the biggest challenge healthy Romo or not.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you're calling my post BS or not. I will agree NY looks to be the biggest challenge healthy Romo or not.
No. "Please" is directed at Skins fans feeling all on top of the world again. they just don't learn from the past...

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you guys are discounting the Skins chances so easily. I realize the easy answer is that we are the Skins but a wise man once said, 'trouble finds those who find troubles with others.' That wise man is Captcoolaid boys and girls.

Grant it we caught some breaks but KC was pretty damn good. He has always been able to move the offense since even his first start in 2012. Who's covering Reed and Desean? Who's beating Norman and even Breeland consistently? Our offensive line is pretty solid and our ST play was solid as well, and don't count out our defensive front and LB's. This team isn't your daddy's Redskins.

Hey, we may fall flat on our ass but only a fool believes it's a done deal.

It's a 3 team race in my honest unhomerish opinion.... sorry Eagles fans.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. "Please" is directed at Skins fans feeling all on top of the world again. they just don't learn from the past...
Same as eagles fans.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you guys are discounting the Skins chances so easily. I realize the easy answer is that we are the Skins but a wise man once said, 'trouble finds those who find troubles with others.' That wise man is Captcoolaid boys and girls.

Grant it we caught some breaks but KC was pretty damn good. He has always been able to move the offense since even his first start in 2012. Who's covering Reed and Desean? Who's beating Norman and even Breeland consistently? Our offensive line is pretty solid and our ST play was solid as well, and don't count out our defensive front and LB's. This team isn't your daddy's Redskins.

Hey, we may fall flat on our ass but only a fool believes it's a done deal.

It's a 3 team race in my honest unhomerish opinion.... sorry Eagles fans.
Actually my daddy's redskins were really good. But that was a long time ago.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who needs a backup??? Tony must be drinking some of Jerry's cool aid...

Tony Romo - QB - Cowboys
Tony Romo believes he could play another five seasons.

Spoken like a true Jerry Jones acolyte. Romo remains elite on the field, but has had increasing trouble staying there. He hasn't appeared in all 16 games since 2012, and was limited to four starts by collarbone issues last year. Romo turned 36 last month. Realistically, he's a year-to-year proposition at this stage of his career.

Source: James Palmer on Twitter
May 26
- 6:36 PM

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who needs a backup??? Tony must be drinking some of Jerry's cool aid...

Tony Romo - QB - Cowboys
Tony Romo believes he could play another five seasons.

Spoken like a true Jerry Jones acolyte. Romo remains elite on the field, but has had increasing trouble staying there. He hasn't appeared in all 16 games since 2012, and was limited to four starts by collarbone issues last year. Romo turned 36 last month. Realistically, he's a year-to-year proposition at this stage of his career.

Source: James Palmer on Twitter
May 26
- 6:36 PM
Hope Romo isn't driving, DUI guaranteed.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
such little faith
one thing I've learned over the years....don't assume anything based on last season
week to week league and certainly year to year

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it before and I will say it again: Moore does not have an NFL arm. I said last season that showers gave this team the best chance to win. I think Moore would make a good qb coach. Moore is a huge liability on the field.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it before and I will say it again: Moore does not have an NFL arm. I said last season that showers gave this team the best chance to win. I think Moore would make a good qb coach. Moore is a huge liability on the field.
I'd of liked to see Showers play, but think about it, he couldn't out play Moore. Unless Dak is ready a Romo injury probably ends the season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd of liked to see Showers play, but think about it, he couldn't out play Moore. Unless Dak is ready a Romo injury probably ends the season.
A couple thoughts. First yeah, a Romo injury likely ends the season, like with most teams that aren't dominant. But what we are hoping to find is a guy that can win a couple games if Romo goes down but not for the year. I don't think we expect any of these guys to take us to or win a playoff game, but If Romo misses a month we can't go 0-4. Or a guy that can finish out a game if need be if Romo goes down mid game.

Second thing is I think it's going to be a total battle for the number 2 spot. Moore is the favorite right now but shame on the team if they just give him the job because it's easier. He is going to have to win it I hope. I do think Showers has a better chance this year than last year to win the spot, but I really don't have a feel for him yet. I would have loved to have given him game #16 last year. I think the team would like Dak to win the spot and I'm sure all Dallas fans too, but not sure that he is ready for that yet. Wouldn't be the end of the world to see Romo get a little dinged up in the offseason and let all of these guys get some extra snaps. Even if it is Moore again and he plays no better than last year we still should win more games. We should have a healthy Dez, a better RB and hopefully a better defense. Even If Romo misses the season I think this team win more games than last year.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the Kellen Morons out there with apologies to Mike fisher he is not NFL Quality
QB IMO He has the presence just not the tools
Showers is the darling of the offseason workouts so far according to Brian Broadus
Something I did not know was Showers was at A&M until Manziel showed up then he transferred to A&M EL Paso

It will all play out over the next few weeks and will be fun to watch

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the Kellen Morons out there with apologies to Mike fisher he is not NFL Quality
QB IMO He has the presence just not the tools
Showers is the darling of the offseason workouts so far according to Brian Broadus
Something I did not know was Showers was at A&M until Manziel showed up then he transferred to A&M EL Paso

It will all play out over the next few weeks and will be fun to watch
I remain flat out amazed at all the football QB guru's on this site. You guys saw enough from Showers to warrant hope but saw nothing in the two games Moore played. Flat out amazing. It's as if nobody with a big league throwing arm ever made it at this level. We are talking about a back up QB to play in a pinch, not the fourth or fifth coming of Cowboy QB greatness. I remain unsure and require an additional look this preseason....kinda like the coaching staff on this team!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.....I guess we concede the season, even if Romo gets hurt for two or three games?

Dak......a rookie..... or Kellen.........

YEP....you missed a lot.

two/three games....concede the season and on to 2017. Darn shame....all we had to do was get a QB like Foles

:yes::thumb::L:gaah: