• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mauer Advice

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to get your thoughts on Joe Mauer. Myself, I've never been a fantasy fan. Early in his career he seemed to get hurt a lot, only had one or two power seasons, but I do understand he was always a great "hitter". Now, I don't expect a power surge or anything, but I would like to think his .260 average climbs closer to .300 as we get into the summer. I mean, he's batting .143 with RISP... that's gotta go up, right? Am I missing something? Is this the beginning of the downfall?

I ask because I was offered this in my 15 team points league. At first I said to myself, no way! ...but I wonder if it's just the blah taste I've had about Mauer and maybe not be looking clearly.

Mauer
Dozier

for

Moss
Polanco

I would not be using Mauer at C, but our UT spot must be a multi-position eligible player, so the swap is Moss (my UT now), for Mauer... and moving Polanco (my 4th OF is currently James Jones) for Dozier (my 2b is currently a mix of Espinosa/Odor... with Rendon playing 3rd now as I wait on Arenado.

The way James Jones is playing right now makes me wonder if Polanco is any better than this kind of production? Plus, if worse comes to worse, I can always move the Shark for an OF, if waivers is gross.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now...

C - McCann
C - Rosario
1B - Cron
2B - Espinosa (Dozier)
3B - Rendon
SS - Hardy
MI - Villar
CI - Victor M.
OF - Billy H.
OF - Heyward
OF - James Jones
OF - Yelich
*DH - traded Moreland for Rosario when Prince's surgery came out, so not using DH with 2 C (*real DH)
UT - Moss (Mauer)
BN - Arenado, Mookie, Odor, Polanco, Justin Turner (about to drop)

5 SP - Kershaw, Wainwright, Scherzer, Samardzija, (Jaime/Gausman/Rubby) ... might pick up Alex Meyer.
2 RP - Kenley, Street

Bold or no bold?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to get your thoughts on Joe Mauer. Myself, I've never been a fantasy fan. Early in his career he seemed to get hurt a lot, only had one or two power seasons, but I do understand he was always a great "hitter". Now, I don't expect a power surge or anything, but I would like to think his .260 average climbs closer to .300 as we get into the summer. I mean, he's batting .143 with RISP... that's gotta go up, right? Am I missing something? Is this the beginning of the downfall?

I ask because I was offered this in my 15 team points league. At first I said to myself, no way! ...but I wonder if it's just the blah taste I've had about Mauer and maybe not be looking clearly.

Mauer
Dozier

for

Moss
Polanco

I would not be using Mauer at C, but our UT spot must be a multi-position eligible player, so the swap is Moss (my UT now), for Mauer... and moving Polanco (my 4th OF is currently James Jones) for Dozier (my 2b is currently a mix of Espinosa/Odor... with Rendon playing 3rd now as I wait on Arenado.

The way James Jones is playing right now makes me wonder if Polanco is any better than this kind of production? Plus, if worse comes to worse, I can always move the Shark for an OF, if waivers is gross.

I would say no. But, how do you put a value on Polanco? He could be Puig, or, he could be Shane Spenser/Kevin Maas. Not really on the later, but you get me. He could be a stud, a dud, or anything in between.

That said,I am as sure as I can be that you can count on Moss to keep hitting. Those Twins, not so much. Dozier has only hit 4 homers & 2 steals in the past 30 days. Mauer has zero homers, 4 r.b.i, and has lost 30 points in avg in that same 30 days.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks guys.. that's the way I was thinking... even with Dozier's HR today... rejected!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks guys.. that's the way I was thinking... even with Dozier's HR today... rejected!

I know you already rejected, If you were needed a catcher, I would have said maybe because this deal would fill 2 positions of need. That said, however, I think Moss and Polanco could be the two best players in the deal ROS.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't do it either. Is this a keeper league? As the others have said we don't know what to expect from Polanco and honestly his upside alone is why I would reject this offer.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Twins fan I say not a chance...