• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matthew Stafford

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I've used that before in defense of Stafford about leading the league in dropped passes, but you gotta admit it's weird that Golden Tate was heralded as the most sure handed WR in the NFL, and we've seen a few uncharacteristic drops already.

Maybe Russell Wilson has a weak ass arm? :noidea:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think you could catch a Stafford pass?

Smitty, what if Stafford made you jump to catch a pass? Would you ask him to throw it lower next time?

Would you tell Peyton Manning he sucks because a WR had to jump for one of his passes?

LMAOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, pretty sure I pointed to my numbers and said "See these!?!" After my QB yelled at me for laying out to get one.

I dont think Staff sucks and I've never said Stafford Sucks. I do think he has a great deal to improve on. Touch and accuracy being the two biggest areas. I like that he's taking more sacks. Better OLine play and he wouldn't have to do that as much. But I don't have an issue with Martin pinning teams deep

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say Tate, but everything I have online says hes only dropped 1 pass. I felt like hes dropped more, but 1 official drop.

I know for sure he dropped 2 in the Minnesota game. He was beating himself up after the game saying he dropped 3.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only count drops that they consider "catchable." Seemed to me he dropped several "catchable" balls?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, pretty sure I pointed to my numbers and said "See these!?!" After my QB yelled at me for laying out to get one.

I dont think Staff sucks and I've never said Stafford Sucks. I do think he has a great deal to improve on. Touch and accuracy being the two biggest areas. I like that he's taking more sacks. Better OLine play and he wouldn't have to do that as much. But I don't have an issue with Martin pinning teams deep

Smitty they will ignore you if you say touch and accuracy

Countless times I have said it. Seen you and Old Lion which someone even said good analysis to him. Hell Lionstop himself said he needs to improve.

You know what learning to put a little touch on passes alone does for his QBR and comp% ???
Then work on accuracy just to were he gets just 2 more "catchable balls" a games. This arguement is over you have dang near a elite QB. People can settle for "hey great we got a win" or awesome Stafford lead us to a Super Bowl... I will expect more from all the players and chose the latter

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really guys? Sliding on 4th down? Erratic sidearm trash. Watch him look good against the Bears and Bucs and you guys start claiming the dude as an elite talent again. I don't know how many of you guys were thinking it but I was just waiting for that classic interception in the 2nd half. Boom! Right in the 4th quarter, per usual.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to pin this one on Stafford with 4 dropped TDs on four different drives.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to pin this one on Stafford with 4 dropped TDs on four different drives.

Agreed. The next game will tell us what we need to know. Let's hope they get their shit together and get the offense going. Packers gotta play the Pats next week. Maybe we get some help there. Hopefully Rieff is not out for long.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Stafford haters look for anything, hunh? It was dumb but something I've seen a lot of times in the NFL. Its the same thing when players run short of the sticks on the sideline.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sliding on 4th down is moronic, but it is really hard to even get mad. The game was over. It was just one blip on the many embarrassing moments for the Lions. Fuller had two balls go directly thru his arms. Ebron is still worthless and all today did was get more people to agree with me. Calvin Johnson seems to be dropping more balls than he is catching.

The FA signing I hated the most this off season -- Golden Tate -- is the only guy on the team who looks like he shows up every week to play.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I made mention I would not put this on Staff. Mainly for these reasons and the OL. He might have made some bad throws as all QB do. He just seems to do it more often than not. The good throws he made today were for TD's that were dropped and I can not ask for more IMO.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thoughts on this one:

1.) Stafford has played really, really poorly these last two weeks.

2.) He had three TDs dropped today on three great passes. Fauria dropped a gimme that hit him square in the hands and Fuller had two long TD bombs drop right through his bread basket. Throw in Ebron's long 1st down drop and Stafford's four best passes of the day were dropped by his receivers. He still was plain bad today, but an extra 120 passing yards and three TDs on his stat line makes things a who lot better than they ended up...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't figure out why he gets all the glory and a nickname of come back kid for wins and no fault in losses?

Wonder how guys contribute to a bad performance, yet don't see praise for all in wins. Just Matty. This shitty OL did do some sort of pass pro during three comebacks right?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford will be fine. As soon as Ebron starts developing, which could be any week now.