• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matthew Stafford

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What season is this anyway? Factoring in injuries and weeks the OLine doesn't well of course.

(I didn't think he played that bad today really. Not as well as @ Minny, but close. With similar craptastic support from his friends.)

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im one of the biggest STafford supporters...he's had a garbage oline and no running game his entire career here. The last 2 games it seems like he got smashed every single throw...the guy is taking a beating. Not to mention being plagued once again by the drops. All that being said...how does he not lower his shoulder on 4th and 10....how in the fuck do you slide. He may have lost me there. That was a pussy move and/or really stupid.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it in the other thread about him too.

QB's who slide in the last couple minutes of the 4th quarter of a regular season game in November; Manning, Brady, Montana, Elway, Marino, Favre, etc.

QB's who don't slide, and who put the whole teams season on the line for a game that is already over; Vick, Griffen III, Young (that's Vince, not Steve) and I'm sure plenty of others who never played a full 16 game season.

This team dropped at least 3 passes in the endzone, and one other 30-40 yard gain as well. They also punted on what would have been about a 57 yard field goal, and missed a field goal from 53. But if you guys want to blame it on Stafford not gambling the whole teams season over a meaningless first down, maybe you deserve another Dan O at QB.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad day all around. Stafford overthrew and underthrew some guys. The potential TD pass to Calvin wasn't thrown high enough. But Fauria, Ross, Fuller, Calvin and Ebron all dropped at least one pass each that they should have caught.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's who slide in the last couple minutes of the 4th quarter of a regular season game in November; Manning, Brady, Montana, Elway, Marino, Favre, etc.

Thats bullshit. Ive been watching football for 30+ years and Ive seen everyone of those guys lay out for their team at one time or another. Sure slide..heck yes but on 4th down you get it. Drive down and score there and we still have a chance.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway being on that list cracks me up. Horseface was WAAAY less accurate than Numba Nine, but he wasn't going to quit on any 4th down play to avoid getting hit.

Staff pussed out. Nobody needs to excuse it away. But Im sure they will keep on doin' it. It's Apologist Season.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still should have been kicking that situation in the first place though.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway being on that list cracks me up. Horseface was WAAAY less accurate than Numba Nine, but he wasn't going to quit on any 4th down play to avoid getting hit.

Staff pussed out. Nobody needs to excuse it away. But Im sure they will keep on doin' it. It's Apologist Season.

That slide was fucking weak.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard his arm was stronger this preseason. Mondo I am no huge Matty fan. Still I will take Stafford.

Agreed. I was just kidding. (being a BSU fan) I am pleased Moore has shown enough to remain on the team these past few years.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats bullshit. Ive been watching football for 30+ years and Ive seen everyone of those guys lay out for their team at one time or another. Sure slide..heck yes but on 4th down you get it. Drive down and score there and we still have a chance.

I think his point was that all of those guys were smart enough not to dive head first for a meaningless first down in a game that is very clearly over. As far as the team and our prospects for the rest of the season are concerned, sliding was the right play there.

Would I have liked to see him pick up the 1st down? Of course. Would it have made any difference in the outcome of the game? No, not a bit. Am I happy we have a healthy starting QB going into a stretch of 4 very winnable games? Very.

It's not like Stafford has a history of being a puss or anything. From a risk/reward scenario I'm very glad he chose not to dive for the first down, even though at the time I was screaming and throwing shit at the TV...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? Can't believe I just read that......You try to win every flipping game you play, if your worried about him getting hurt in a game that you say is " very clearly over" Then why the hell is the coach playing him?

That's not you TP, that's you defending the undefendable.....I like Stafford, but that was a PUSS play!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That slide was fucking weak.

Big time!

Staff's no wuss. But he pussed out on that play.

(Gettin picked on first down also annoyed the shit outta me. But that's about all the gripes I have with him from yesterday. Not many guys in his side of the ball that only had two plays that pissed me off.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaningless!?!

Take a fuckin knee if its meaningless. They score a TD there and they're down two scores. (They kick a field..... also down two scores.) The offense sucks donkey dong, but I know Im not the only guy that thinks it can score twice late.

Apologist Season is definitely in full swing. 'Bout the same time every year.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao. I cant believe some of you are making a big deal about that slide. As soon as he done it, I just put my head down and gave up any hope I had. Besides that, I bet a bunch of you made some type of pussy move in your lives. Lmao

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Yao isn't bothered by Staff pussing out.

Im also sarcastic.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao. I cant believe some of you are making a big deal about that slide. As soon as he done it, I just put my head down and gave up any hope I had. Besides that, I bet a bunch of you made some type of pussy move in your lives. Lmao

He earned my respect in the Browns game. Always will have it for that one play on toughness. The slide was surely a whimpy play. Matt is still no whimp in my mind. He gets pounded every week. Tough cat with one soft play is what I saw. I question many aspects of his game. Toughness is not one.