• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Slauson out for the season...

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Jeff Dickerson - Matt Slauson tore his pectoral muscle and will be out for 3-4 months.

Looks like Michael Ola is going to get a lot of work this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch.
:burt:

Reshuffling during the bye is probably a prudent course of action. I'd consider elevating De La Puente to full-time starter over Ola.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch.
:burt:

Reshuffling during the bye is probably a prudent course of action. I'd consider elevating De La Puente to full-time starter over Ola.

Should BDLP be the center with Garza playing guard or should he play guard? I know the coaches and players (and some fans) don't see it this way, but I think the playoffs are a pipe dream at this point and the rest of this season is best spent as an extension of the 2015 pre-season. If BDLP is supposed to be the center of the future, I would like to see him become the center of the now.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLP should go to center and Garza back to guard already.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I didn't specify where I think De La Puente should play.

He should play C.
However, he would play G, at least as long as Garza is healthy.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

But you KNOW that's not going to happen.

I, too, think that DLP should be at Center and Garza at LG. You gotta wonder why that won't happen, but I agree, it won't.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I always hear the argument "you never want to change more than one position on the OL when there's an injury" as an excuse not to try to implement a position change like Long to Tackle, BDLP to Center or Garza back to Guard even though those are their natural positions and in two cases their ultimate destinations. Well... it looks like we're willing to do the double change to accommodate Slauson's injury. Ola to RT and Mills to LG:

Brad BiggsVerified account
‏@BradBiggs
#Bears mentioned possibility of Michael Ola to RT and Jordan Mills to guard for next game vs #Packers & source says that is what will happen

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad BiggsVerified account
‏@BradBiggs
#Bears mentioned possibility of Michael Ola to RT and Jordan Mills to guard for next game vs #Packers & source says that is what will happen

Interesting. Why not, the season is pretty much done.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Ola a teacher's pet or some shit? I mean his play has been admirable and I realize Mills is not 100%, but why is this dude the answer at every position on the line?

So we're moving Mills from Right Tackle to Left Guard??

Do we ever have intention of moving Long to a Tackle spot?

Seems now is as good of a time as any?:noidea:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Ola a teacher's pet or some shit? I mean his play has been admirable and I realize Mills is not 100%, but why is this dude the answer at every position on the line?

Yes he is a teachers pet. He was with Montreal from 2012-2013.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting. I have always thought that Kyle Long was under-utilized at RG. Why not just flip the two and have Mills play RG and Long at RT.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I'm just guessing, but I think the reason they like Long so much at guard is because he is so good at pulling. I mean, I would say he is the best puller we have on the whole line. You usually don't pull with a tackle.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

I think he would excel wherever, and I sure wish we'd emphasize the run more then.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just guessing, but I think the reason they like Long so much at guard is because he is so good at pulling. I mean, I would say he is the best puller we have on the whole line. You usually don't pull with a tackle.

Wow. Yep, that's got to be it.

I'd bet money that's the reason.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because Long is such a remarkable athlete.

brh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a big part of the reason that they don't move Long is because contrary to most teams in the league, they place high value on the guard position. The Saints have generally invested more in their guards than their tackles since Sean Payton has been there. Kromer came from Payton's staff and Trestman spent time as a consultant with them as well. So I don't think it's an accident that as soon as those 2 took over the Bears offense, guard suddenly became a premium position for the team. Based on that, I doubt Long will be changing positions as long as Trestman & Kromer are around.