• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Prater

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh would have a better shot at making a FG. I think its safe to say henery is done.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Mayhew. Let someone else make the decision.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Mayhew. Let someone else make the decision.

OK, OK, I'll do it. We hire Prater, and I'll have Suh signed to an extension by the weekend. The next draft will not be of an offensive skill player unless a gem drops well below his draft grade. Defense, defense, and defense. Give Austin some depth and talent and look out.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Prater it is. Gotta be an upgrade, but then again I said that about Henery...

Prater seems to have some moxy to him, though, so those long FGs won't fuck with his head like with Henery...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Prater it is. Gotta be an upgrade, but then again I said that about Henery...

Prater seems to have some moxy to him, though, so those long FGs won't fuck with his head like with Henery...
I'll take it, but he's no Kickalicious........

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected. Hopefully he gets back in form quickly. He was pretty much the best in the league last year. I would temper expectations a little though since he has been on the shelf for a while. As long as he makes everything under 40 and at least half of everything over that would be good.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He seems to be clutch too. I don't remember the exact quote, but they said Prater is something like 51 of 53 on field goals in the 4th quarter or OT.

I also just read -- he has been ranked in the top 2 the last two years on kickoffs, so he gives the Lions insurance if something happened to Martin.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am honestly not concerned with his long kicks no denver air means i am more than willing to settle for 40% on 50 yarders (hell of a lot better than the previous fucking donuts we had) and we can probably expect some jitters on his first game but with the fact that he was just suspended i think he will be in kicking shape as he was getting ready for week 6. so this week he can miss 1 or 2 but after that i think we get probowl kicker prater. very happy :)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet, glad they signed him!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to the numbes hes a massive upgrade. I saw that since 1970 that prater has the highest fg percentage of kicks over 50 yards with a minimum of 20 kicks. No longer do fans have to sweat it out. This dude is automatic from everywhere. Also the acquisition of prater will help the defense, time of possession and average starting field position immensely. Signing a good kicker may not seem like a huge deal but this is.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the numbes hes a massive upgrade. I saw that since 1970 that prater has the highest fg percentage of kicks over 50 yards with a minimum of 20 kicks. No longer do fans have to sweat it out. This dude is automatic from everywhere. Also the acquisition of prater will help the defense, time of possession and average starting field position immensely. Signing a good kicker may not seem like a huge deal but this is.

I'd temper your expectations a bit, to be honest. He was money last year, but his career percentage is actually a lot lower than Henery's is.

He's definitely not bad, though and is certainly an upgrade over the mind-fucked Alex Henery, so that's good. But his career completion percentage is like an 81%, so we need to expect him to miss two out of every ten kicks, roughly.

His strength, as you pointed out, is his ridiculously good accuracy from 50+ yards. He's money on the long game-winners.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd temper your expectations a bit, to be honest. He was money last year, but his career percentage is actually a lot lower than Henery's is.

He's definitely not bad, though and is certainly an upgrade over the mind-fucked Alex Henery, so that's good. But his career completion percentage is like an 81%, so we need to expect him to miss two out of every ten kicks, roughly.

His strength, as you pointed out, is his ridiculously good accuracy from 50+ yards. He's money on the long game-winners.

Prater was 96% last year, henery blows. This is one area I feel no need to temper expectations. While I dont expect jason hanson I feel very confident when prater lines up to kick compared to the lions last two kickers.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prater was 96% last year, henery blows. This is one area I feel no need to temper expectations. While I dont expect jason hanson I feel very confident when prater lines up to kick compared to the lions last two kickers.

I'm not arguing that he's not better than Henery right now, I just think you only cherry-picked a few numbers, such as his percentage last year and his accuracy from over 50 yards, and ignored his career numbers. By the numbers he's been a good, but not great, kicker in his career, that's all I'm saying.

My concern is that posters on here will see that 96% last year and then freak out when he trends back towards his career percentage this year. He's still a good kicker, and a big upgrade, but we shouldn't be expecting the same numbers that he put up last season, as those were career highs for him by a pretty substantial margin.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont expect him to hit 96 percent. But I will be fine with the numbers he puts up here.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prater has never missed more FGs in a season than we've missed so far this year. Thats a damn good sign. I agree expecting 96% is too much but 80% or higher is a realistic expectation. If he doens't do that we'll be looking for a kicker again next year.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While he was still in Denver, Prater did an interview with reddit magazine. They asked him who he thought the greatest kicker of all time was. He said Jason Hanson. I thought that was pretty cool.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing that he's not better than Henery right now, I just think you only cherry-picked a few numbers, such as his percentage last year and his accuracy from over 50 yards, and ignored his career numbers. By the numbers he's been a good, but not great, kicker in his career, that's all I'm saying.

My concern is that posters on here will see that 96% last year and then freak out when he trends back towards his career percentage this year. He's still a good kicker, and a big upgrade, but we shouldn't be expecting the same numbers that he put up last season, as those were career highs for him by a pretty substantial margin.

What round was he drafted in or was he a UDFA? I need to look at the expectation chart. :lol:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations;

expect him to miss at least 1 FG for the Lions