• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Flynn will be looking for work but will he find it?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to explain to me how and why the Feds become involved ?

The appeal is simply a stepping stone to the fed level for the NFLPA. (It's doubful Goodell tosses it, which be the only way it doesn't advance beyond.)

The NFLPA can't advance it to the fed level until they have followed the entire process as layed out in the CBA. My gut feeling is they want it to be heard by the NLB, but that certainly isn't their only option for where they can file.

Part of the discussion for choosing a date for the appeal had to do with the NFLPA wanting to make sure it's held in June, thereby increasing the likelyhood of having it heard at the fed level prior to the season. Should the case be dragged out into the season the NFLPA will file to have the punishment suspended until the case is adjudicated.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The appeal is simply a stepping stone to the fed level for the NFLPA. (It's doubful Goodell tosses it, which be the only way it doesn't advance beyond.)

The NFLPA can't advance it to the fed level until they have followed the entire process as layed out in the CBA. My gut feeling is they want it to be heard by the NLB, but that certainly isn't their only option for where they can file.

Part of the discussion for choosing a date for the appeal had to do with the NFLPA wanting to make sure it's held in June, thereby increasing the likelyhood of having it heard at the fed level prior to the season. Should the case be dragged out into the season the NFLPA will file to have the punishment suspended until the case is adjudicated.
Your in a fantasy dude. On what grounds does the NLB investigate this? Every thing has been as per contract with the NFLPA.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE probably signed him as an arm. Jimmy G. Will be Tom's BU.
Flynn's value will be in practice working with the up and coming receiver corps. He's got great instincts but not a very deep pass and he is rather small.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on the Pats.

Didn't realize that till I looked it up.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so per contract?

Once again read the report. It offers no factual information Brady violated any rule regarding equipment, amongst other things.

Give it a few weeks, you'll see. There is a reason NFLPA hired Kesseler for this case, and it wasn't to make sure he gets a good appeal hearing with RG.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again read the report. It offers no factual information Brady violated any rule regarding equipment, amongst other things.

Give it a few weeks, you'll see. There is a reason NFLPA hired Kesseler for this case, and it wasn't to make sure he gets a good appeal hearing with RG.
Dude I've read the report and Brady is not only guilty, but he's been doing this for a long time. You are going to be the one to see.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I've read the report and Brady is not only guilty, but he's been doing this for a long time. You are going to be the one to see.

And then you should have no problem pointing to the facts provided in the report that show he was responsible?

Heck even Wells didn't come to that conclusion.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then you should have no problem pointing to the facts provided in the report that show he was responsible?

Heck even Wells didn't come to that conclusion.
Easy, the equipment dude saying he would take what he knows to ESPN unless he got some goodies and what you know he got them. The rest of the texts just reinforce the whole idea. Shoot most Pats fans have conceded that Brady is guilty, your like the lone hold out.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy, the equipment dude saying he would take what he knows to ESPN unless he got some goodies and what you know he got them. The rest of the texts just reinforce the whole idea. Shoot most Pats fans have conceded that Brady is guilty, your like the lone hold out.

And that means Brady ordered the code read? LMAO yeah good luck with that in front of the feds.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that means Brady ordered the code read? LMAO yeah good luck with that in front of the feds.
Listen you space cadet, the Feds got no reason to get involved whatsoever. If they did, they would see the same as 99% here do( including Pats fans) that Brady is guilty of long term doctoring the equipment.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be pretty funny if Flynn does well during Brady's suspension and gets another big contract for being a backup somewhere else.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize for joining late but wife's sister just passed away and I haven't been able to do much of anything ......

But..............

I don't see how RG can reduce the penalty without some solid evidence that would convince the public that he was innocent, and that is not going to happen....There is too much evidence that says he is guilty and he will not turn over the phone texts for obvious reasons...
If RG caves on this one, it will snowball with every fine and suspension given hereafter and the race card will be played immediately....
You know they don't want that !!
Brady would do well to just take his medicine like a man and let this thing die, but he is a whining mamma's boy and don't really know how to do that...IMO. :nod:

Please show us all of the "evidence that shows he's guilty". Sure isn't in the Ted Wells Report unless you have a different edition that the one I've read. I'd like to see this documented evidence that proves that Tom Brady did anything other than not turn over emails and texts to Ted Wells. If that's your "proof", you have none.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be pretty funny if Flynn does well during Brady's suspension and gets another big contract for being a backup somewhere else.
Yeah that would be funny and you know what? The Pats offense fits his limited skills set about as good as any team in the league. It could actually happen.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that would be funny and you know what? The Pats offense fits his limited skills set about as good as any team in the league. It could actually happen.

I agree, I wasn't surprised at all when I saw he was on the Pats. He's the kind of guy Billacheat looks for. System guy who was a perfect fit in Green Bay and should transition easily to NE.