• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Canada Offense (IS FINALLY GONE!!!!)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never to be outdone!!!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know Pittsburgh dad but the next few seconds (52-59) sums up the whole offense.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for Harris. I can't even blame him for his drop passes since he is a top tier running back playing behind a shit line and with shit schemes.

Granted, he didn't have to overcome these issues playing at Alabama. So it might take him a little longer to adjust to help him make room for himself.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is so depressing.

You fuckers have ruined my day.
But think of all the Sunday afternoons we've saved you this fall.

Our families are going to be recipients of our extra attention.

Of course this is the year that DirecTV gives me the ticket for free.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is so depressing.

You fuckers have ruined my day.
Here to help

sexy pig GIF

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just doin a little fact digging...

Offensive Line Expense by AFCN:
Browns - $50M
Ravens - $25M
Bucs - $36M
Steelers - $12M (Dead last in the NFL)

LMAO... Well I guess hiring a new OC & OL coach and overturning 4/5 positions on the OL gave us a mighty good "illusion" as to fixing the OL.

@Superbelt @Bridgeburner @SteelersPride @thedddd

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called the disaster when Munchak skipped out. Should have offered him too much money to say no. But they cheaped out on OL thinking anyone could do his job. Well, they were wrong with Sarrett and they are wrong with Klemm. Get an established and well-regarded coach.

Turning over 4/5 of the line was fine. Those guys were just as terrible as the guys playing right now. At least Moore, Dotson and Green have the potential to get better. Villy, Feiler and Pouncey were only going to keep getting worse.

Trai was a mistake. And RT is the spot they failed to make a quality fill from FA.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called the disaster when Munchak skipped out. Should have offered him too much money to say no. But they cheaped out on OL thinking anyone could do his job. Well, they were wrong with Sarrett and they are wrong with Klemm. Get an established and well-regarded coach.

Turning over 4/5 of the line was fine. Those guys were just as terrible as the guys playing right now. At least Moore, Dotson and Green have the potential to get better. Villy, Feiler and Pouncey were only going to keep getting worse.

Trai was a mistake. And RT is the spot they failed to make a quality fill from FA.
Man I miss Munch. I would have fully been onboard with payin that guy a HC salary just to stay as an OL coach lol. Sarrett being with the team for as long as he was had the opportunity to learn behind Munch so there was optimism there. Feels like Sarrett was a scapegoat though being thrust into that position with a rapidly declining cast of OL. And maybe Klemm is destined for that fate as well. They also brought in ex-ATL O-line & run-game coordinator Chris Morgan to be an assistant OL coach this year... I don't recall ATL being known for its run-game from '15-20 lol so that guy seems useless.

In hindsight, they should have made C & OT a higher priority. A 2nd Rd pick on either or back to back picks starting in the 2nd. Nothing against Pat, he's going to be a stud someday... And maybe there wasn't anybody available at that point that really fit the bill (value & draft position). But THIS year they needed faster returns to avoid being stuck in this 'no-out' situation. Maybe Colbert did go after some big fish and nobody took the offers... Who knows. Don't really recall who the big fish in FA were, but I don't think there were any guys better than Trai Turner that could be had. I at least remember thinking he had just as high of upside as anyone else in the FA pool.

So where do we go from here??? Aside from trading there isn't a lot that can be done other than waiting for something to click with the current group. Banner could be back soon, but there's not a lot of substance with him to believe he can help. Green has been underwhelming (downright ass against CIN), Turner has been the same. Chuks was relatively better but still largely ass as well. Dotson looks nothing like he did last year. Honestly Moore is about the only piece I feel some confidence with but he still has ups & downs.

Yes, there's still upside with these guys but needless to say there's no denying that its been a collective disaster so far.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to just bite the bullet and ride with what is there now. Peg this is the start of the rebuild. And don't just try to fill holes to 'reload'.

I just don't know if this draft is the draft they want to take a QB high. So maybe it's time to think about trading down and flipping some players to collect some picks and get that QB the year after.

But we do know Colbert is already out there scouting QB's.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL has got to find better consistency.

Ben needs to play better... If Ben is panicking then he needs to get better about pre-snap reads. According to PFF they are doing less presnap motion per game than last year... Which is very odd. But that sort of 'window dressing' can help Ben with his reads. If they can soften the defense with his first 2 reads then the offense should be able to open up later in the game. Get Freiermuth more involved, and more rub-routes. And simply put, Ben needs to just take more shots downfield, and preferably the middle of the field.

Schemes... I'm hoping that Tomlin puts more pressure on the offensive schemes. If it is truly Ben calling the shots then its gotta change. Put him outside of his comfort zone for the sake of progress. I mean, it couldn't look any worse than it did last week. Give Canada more control.

The run game is so close to finding some traction. Take away 2 holding penalties early in the game last week and suddenly Najee averaged closer to 4ypc. The passing game isn't going find its rhythm until this offense pushes defenses away from stacking the box against them. That numbers game I spoke of after the BUF game. You can't force a run game on 8 or 9 man boxes. Just not happening with this OL.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That read screams him thinking this is Alabama playing against Arkansas.
Good example of when a rookie tries to go beyond his assignment. And yea, I think most rookie runners are always going to default to running outside since they could do that so successfully in college.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03