• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mason called myles a what??

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately my man. Im mid 30's, i have nerve root impingment, 3 bulging discs, 2 herniated disks, degnerative changes thoracic through lumbar, stenosis, all kinds of issues there. Ive also had 2 shoulder surgeries, 3 knee surgeries, and a hip. So ortho wise, im not your guy! Along with other health issues. Whats up with your back?
similar issues to yours (but only the back). Had surgery on L4-L5 and L5-S1, the latter back in 2007 (at that time I was 37, first one I was 33). Before the surgery was getting bad leg pain. Now it's more middle/upper back. Hasn't really stopped me from doing anything. still work out a few days a week and play bball once a week. But has gotten worse the last few weeks. Could play but am resting to see if it helps. Was told before second surgery (which was less invasive than first) my spine was a mess and eventually I would need a major surgery. At time said could be a couple years, a decade or longer so we'll see.

One knee surgery right out of college but a freak accident. Shoulders hurt but again no surgery and doesn't stop me from anything.

You "win".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I will allow some wiggle room in punishments, given the 10 and 20 years gaps in time..respectively. Stallworth got a year suspension in '09, which is up from Little's 8 game suspension, 11 years prior.

From the NFL's perspective, I think an on-field incident such as this, could be more damaging to their product than an off field incident, regardless of the disparity in severity. Millions of people watching it live vs. stuff probably only real fans even hear about. The fervor is just part of the age we live in. Everyone's gotta be outraged about something, all the time, and in fairness...this was pretty outrageous.

Given all those factors, I'm not sure if it's a precedent, or just normal evolution of the times and the game.

I think "indefinite" could actually benefit him, as it could be earlier than some may suspect.
Agree 100% on these comments. I'd even go so far as to say maybe a lesser suspension if this was a 1pm Sunday game and not a national game.

No doubt social media plays a huge role in all this. when I started watching the games (mid-late 70s) you saw your game, maybe 1-2 others and the highlights on the news was your game and maybe another. Sportcenter then PrimeTime took it to higher levels but never close to where we are today.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point. If Garrett is saying he went crazy because he was called a racial slur in his mind he is justifying his actions. Fuck that. I said we should concede that he did hear that slur and put it right back in his face that so what if he did, that does not justify your behavior.

The problem is we have people saying, yeah he deserved it, he called him a n***** and if someone calls me that I'd hit him them too. No, no, no no no. That shit should be nipped in the bud.
I'm not going to concede a racist slur was used when the evidence I see doesn't show it's likely.
Sounds like you're more than willing to simply say Rudolph is a racist and move on.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to concede a racist slur was used when the evidence I see doesn't show it's likely.
Sounds like you're more than willing to simply say Rudolph is a racist and move on.

The hell I am, lol. Denying the slur was said just feeds into the narrative Garrett wants us to play and that is to make this about racism. It needs to be thrown back in his face that so what if he did, you were in the wrong.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
similar issues to yours (but only the back). Had surgery on L4-L5 and L5-S1, the latter back in 2007 (at that time I was 37, first one I was 33). Before the surgery was getting bad leg pain. Now it's more middle/upper back. Hasn't really stopped me from doing anything. still work out a few days a week and play bball once a week. But has gotten worse the last few weeks. Could play but am resting to see if it helps. Was told before second surgery (which was less invasive than first) my spine was a mess and eventually I would need a major surgery. At time said could be a couple years, a decade or longer so we'll see.

One knee surgery right out of college but a freak accident. Shoulders hurt but again no surgery and doesn't stop me from anything.

You "win".
i dont wanna win, everyone has problems, not making a contest! Sorry to hear that man. mines significantly progressed to worse over the past 2 years. My surgeon has told me your gonna need surgery, i told him no. Hes the head of a major hospitals sports medicine, and lead dr for a few pro sports teams. Ive been with him almost since he started his career, hes done 6 surgeries on my and numerous other injuries. We are first name basis. Im also a therapist, so we banter on things. I refuse a back surgery unless i cannot move. I was having a ton of issues, he wanted to explore surgery. I asked for epidurals. Was going to get 2-3 rounds. I got one and ive been relatively good for a while, knock on wood. The back was a work accident.

The shoulder is a mess, i had that completely reconstructed, then a year later, tore my labrum off again. Those were all hockey injuries.

My shoulder is actually stronger than ever, just limited ROM from how they put it back together.

I still lift and workout 6-7 days a week, heavy. just have to heavily modify things. No squats, no deads, no spinal loading. Sucks i had a weird squat obsession, and could really put up some good weight there.

I hope you find some relief

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont wanna win, everyone has problems, not making a contest! Sorry to hear that man. mines significantly progressed to worse over the past 2 years. My surgeon has told me your gonna need surgery, i told him no. Hes the head of a major hospitals sports medicine, and lead dr for a few pro sports teams. Ive been with him almost since he started his career, hes done 6 surgeries on my and numerous other injuries. We are first name basis. Im also a therapist, so we banter on things. I refuse a back surgery unless i cannot move. I was having a ton of issues, he wanted to explore surgery. I asked for epidurals. Was going to get 2-3 rounds. I got one and ive been relatively good for a while, knock on wood. The back was a work accident.

The shoulder is a mess, i had that completely reconstructed, then a year later, tore my labrum off again. Those were all hockey injuries.

My shoulder is actually stronger than ever, just limited ROM from how they put it back together.

I still lift and workout 6-7 days a week, heavy. just have to heavily modify things. No squats, no deads, no spinal loading. Sucks i had a weird squat obsession, and could really put up some good weight there.

I hope you find some relief
Relax, my man. The "you win" comment was not serious.

Will say when I talk to current docs/surgeons about the current pain I have in mid-upper back, or even lower back, they all say they'd never suggest surgery unless there was leg pain to go with it.

Thanks...some relief would be nice but guess if it hasn't stopped me from working out/playing bball (and I'll be 50 next month) I shouldn't complain too much. could be a lot worse.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't listen to this until later, but this could make things interesting....and, no, would not excuse Myles' actions, just refute the comments of those wondering why Myles didn't say something sooner......

77316593_2593595830914492_6122541297094885376_n.jpg

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hell I am, lol. Denying the slur was said just feeds into the narrative Garrett wants us to play and that is to make this about racism. It needs to be thrown back in his face that so what if he did, you were in the wrong.
You're not making sense. How is conceding a slur was said is throwing any thing in Garrett's face.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax, my man. The "you win" comment was not serious.

Will say when I talk to current docs/surgeons about the current pain I have in mid-upper back, or even lower back, they all say they'd never suggest surgery unless there was leg pain to go with it.

Thanks...some relief would be nice but guess if it hasn't stopped me from working out/playing bball (and I'll be 50 next month) I shouldn't complain too much. could be a lot worse.
I wasn’t upset....

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Garrett. Lieing s.o.b.

I hope his suspension continues into next season now.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really my place to dive into this too deep, but it seems odd it took a week for this to come out is all ill say. Maybe or maybe not I guess.

And this is why it sounds like he is just making an excuse for his actions which is inexcusable. It would sound more plausible if he made the claim right away.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Garrett. Lieing s.o.b.

I hope his suspension continues into next season now.

Garrett's dumbass actions were inexcusable. I couldn't even enjoy that win over the Steelers afte his idiotic & outta line behavior.

And lieing? :pound:Maybe it's because I'm unsober right now but that's some funny stuff.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why it sounds like he is just making an excuse for his actions which is inexcusable. It would sound more plausible if he made the claim right away.
he did....see above

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett's dumbass actions were inexcusable. I couldn't even enjoy that win over the Steelers afte his idiotic & outta line behavior.

And lieing? :pound:Maybe it's because I'm unsober right now but that's some funny stuff.

It's Chinese for lying

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not one person can prove that Garrett didn't hear Rudolph call him a racial slur. If I was black, and someone called me a slur while at work, i'd bust that mother fucker in the head too. luckily for the health of others, people don't mess with me.

oh, and GnG wears a dress, makes dresses and is controlled by a woman and her parents.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't listen to this until later, but this could make things interesting....and, no, would not excuse Myles' actions, just refute the comments of those wondering why Myles didn't say something sooner......

77316593_2593595830914492_6122541297094885376_n.jpg

I guess Maury Povich wasn’t available.....

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope Vernon heals up and just owns the fuck out of that OL

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. I don't believe him.
  2. Why did none of Rudolph's teammates who were in the thick of it with them not hear this?
  3. Even if it were true, it doesn't excuse his actions.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The code has already been broken: Only ESPN suggested that a slur was used. Garrett denies this, Rudolph denies this, the NFL denies this, all their attorneys deny this. It’s a pointless debate, unless it’s a pile of “what if” / “he’s suffered enough” scenarios.