• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marvin Lewis....LOL

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Giants fan, staring 8-3 in the face now with the Bears and Browns on deck, we should all be thankful to see Marvin Lewis on the opposite sideline

As the Bengals go up 20-14 last night, mid 3rd quarter, Marvin became Marvin, and started to try and milk the clock in a 6 point game....It was at that point, I turned to my wife and said, yup we got this win in the bag....She proceeded to blatantly ignore me, cause she really doesn't give a shit, but this is the price you pay for not accepting the invite to the viewing party at your buddies house....

But anyway, thank you Marvin, for running your entire offense in the second half, straight into the line of scrimmage, because we all know that 6 point 3rd quarter leads on the road, are pretty insurmountable

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Giants fan, staring 8-3 in the face now with the Bears and Browns on deck, we should all be thankful to see Marvin Lewis on the opposite sideline

As the Bengals go up 20-14 last night, mid 3rd quarter, Marvin became Marvin, and started to try and milk the clock in a 6 point game....It was at that point, I turned to my wife and said, yup we got this win in the bag....She proceeded to blatantly ignore me, cause she really doesn't give a shit, but this is the price you pay for not accepting the invite to the viewing party at your buddies house....

But anyway, thank you Marvin, for running your entire offense in the second half, straight into the line of scrimmage, because we all know that 6 point 3rd quarter leads on the road, are pretty insurmountable

Enjoy the next month and a half. It's the last time we'll see Marvin Lewis as a HC in this league

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to be a Cincy fan.
If ever there was a team that plays the game for all the wrong reasons it's the bengals.
time to cut the head of the snake

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Cincy fans the last few years as well. This team continues to tease them only to go into a shell when the lights get bright. If they miss the play-offs, Lewis has to go for the sake of loyal Bengal fans.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Lewis is marginally better than Jeff Fisher. Faint praise.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't spell "Elite" without a couple of letters from "Lewis"

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's very doubtful that Lewis put the brakes on Zampese. Those guys (OCs) make a lot of money for a reason...but I still like the direction of this post.

It's been long over due for Lewis to be doing something else and it has everything to do with JAN football...for at least 4 yrs the Bengals have had the most talented 53 in the DIV and one of the top rosters in the league. They had been hording top draft picks for years and actually developing them pretty well so he's done something right.

But not one playoff win to show for it....I'm thinking most Cincy fans are ready for change.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very doubtful that Lewis put the brakes on Zampese. Those guys (OCs) make a lot of money for a reason...but I still like the direction of this post.

It's been long over due for Lewis to be doing something else and it has everything to do with JAN football...for at least 4 yrs the Bengals have had the most talented 53 in the DIV and one of the top rosters in the league. They had been hording top draft picks for years and actually developing them pretty well so he's done something right.

But not one playoff win to show for it....I'm thinking most Cincy fans are ready for change.

yeah, youre probably right about the OC, but ultimately, the things that happen on Marvins' watch continue to baffle.......Cincy grabbed all the momentum last night with a 2nd half opening KO return, and immediate TD, followed by a pick, and a FG.......Giants forced to punt down 20-14, and ive seen this so many times with Cincy where you just know they already have one eye on the clock, and there was about 6 minutes to go in the 3rd.....First down run straight into the line, straight ahead run on second down, forced into an obvious passing situation, incomplete....Rinse and repeat that every possession in the second half, until predictably the Giants took the lead, and the Bengals offense had lost any and all rythym

I look at Lewis and Dalton much the same...Here you have a HC and QB as sure a bet as most anyone to win 10 games, and a playoff spot each season....But just as sure a bet to get a quick first round exit

Not easy to decide what to do with guys like that^^

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked the Bengals. Guess it was just cool unis IMO (like the Tiger thing).

That said, Marvin Lewis needs to go. Asking anyone to win a Super Bowl with a ginger at the helm is absolutely reprehensible behavior, but still...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he won't even make the playoffs before choking this season?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, youre probably right about the OC, but ultimately, the things that happen on Marvins' watch continue to baffle.......Cincy grabbed all the momentum last night with a 2nd half opening KO return, and immediate TD, followed by a pick, and a FG.......Giants forced to punt down 20-14, and ive seen this so many times with Cincy where you just know they already have one eye on the clock, and there was about 6 minutes to go in the 3rd.....First down run straight into the line, straight ahead run on second down, forced into an obvious passing situation, incomplete....Rinse and repeat that every possession in the second half, until predictably the Giants took the lead, and the Bengals offense had lost any and all rythym

I look at Lewis and Dalton much the same...Here you have a HC and QB as sure a bet as most anyone to win 10 games, and a playoff spot each season....But just as sure a bet to get a quick first round exit

Not easy to decide what to do with guys like that^^

I agree 100% about the game last night...on the road it's tough to get Ws in this league, when you get up on a team you need to keep the pedal down. Zampese is a 1st yr OC I think...certainly 1st in CIN and he didn't finish.

Lewis...he brought stability to the Bengals when they had none for a long time...to his credit he's been shuffling in new OCs and DCs a lot as his guys have gone on the HC jobs, but imo he's taken the team to the hump, but is not the guy to get them over...kind of like Dungy in Tampa.

Dalton...CIN fans might differ, but I think he was hurt by losing both Jones and Sanu and not having Eifert for most of this yr...he's the type QB that can operate with good talent, but not the guy to make the average talent better.

I called the Bengals having an off year early, but have been way off on PIT...they are no better really.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How hasn't this guy been fired already?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you think of the talent they had on both sides of the ball, not winning a single playoff game is pretty amazing actually.