• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marvin Lewis - Hot commodity

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that Marvin is going to get a fair amount of attention this hiring cycle. The cynic could point out that this is due to the Rooney rule - Though I would counter that almost all franchises with openings could already satisfy this requirement by taking a look at Eric Bieneimy.

Anyway - Funny how Lewis' tenure is now being reevaluated after watching the Zac Taylor era. I still think it's a hard sell to a fanbase - A guy with no postseason success at all.... But, a motivated Marv could spark a turnaround for some of these teams. He's well connected in the league and has had success in building a team up.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that Marvin is going to get a fair amount of attention this hiring cycle. The cynic could point out that this is due to the Rooney rule - Though I would counter that almost all franchises with openings could already satisfy this requirement by taking a look at Eric Bieneimy.

Anyway - Funny how Lewis' tenure is now being reevaluated after watching the Zac Taylor era. I still think it's a hard sell to a fanbase - A guy with no postseason success at all.... But, a motivated Marv could spark a turnaround for some of these teams. He's well connected in the league and has had success in building a team up.
I mean, if he could drag the Bengals out of the 90's era and take them to the playoffs multiple times, including 5 in a row, go through what amounted to 2 rebuilds with the rosters - imagine what he could do with a competent Owner/GM.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was as critical as anyone of Marvin Lewis by the end of his tenure here.. I don't think a coach should be willing to stay 15 years in one place without a playoff win even if the owner keeps renewing his contract

With that said he does deserve another chance as a Head Coach in the league. Im not sure it happens this year as there are too many high profile coordinators and not enough spots

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he helped bring players here who would have never played here anywhere else.

when Brown started taking more liberties back, Marv left.

Marv was obviously getting tired of this place though, and it showed on his face.