• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marty is putting the team first again

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and as for the parise thing, i don't think anyone is intending to or even thought of swapping kovy for parise at any point. i've said since before kovy was traded here.

the only way zach leaves is if he wants to leave, and i really cannot understate the fact that i truely believe it largely hinges on success this year. he needs to see this team take a step forward. if he does, then i bet you see him resign long term at no more than a 6.5 mil a year deal. i truely believe that.

the flip side to that coin? if there isn't that step forward i fully expect him to leave.

I don't think anyone is advocating this either, BUT until they're both under contract this is essentially what's happening...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The old mask and the j atleast stood for jersey. It didn't stand for mb

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I accept that. BUT it was a league leading 104 times for Kovy.

I doubt he'll lead the league again this year...with Parise back for the year atleast it wont be as much pressure on him so he may be a little more relaxed

The old mask and the j atleast stood for jersey. It didn't stand for mb

Well...I would think the devil tail stood for Devils....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
very good tilo....j in the shape of a devils tail i would deduct means jersey devils.

but i did find these links pretty interesting.

Martin Brodeur and the Curse of the MB30 | New Jersey Devils

first paragraph is nice (also the end when they mention the carolina flub) marty didnt fall on the sword there.

Greatest Hockey Legends.com: Martin Brodeur's New Mask

also like this one

Brodeur debuts new mask at practice - NHL.com - News

this one shows that the mask debuted the same day his site martinbroduer30.com was suppose to debut. strange cowinkiedink no?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man you did all of that looking because I answered a question? I feel honored.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol nope....good try though see when i make a statement i like to back it up :) big difference (which is why i dont lose arguments)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no i was trying to say how i believe he is truely team first, not me first.

if thats what you mean.

btw, were you over on the espn boards? how'd you find SportsHoopla?

lol, yea i was from the espn boards, but funny thing is, as you can tell my avatar I'm a niners fan, so when ESPN made their "upgrade" in the forums, the thing went to sh*t, so one of the posters on the espn 49ers board is a mod here and promoted SportsHoopla, so a bunch a regs and newbies joined this forum.

I browsed into the Devils section and found you guys and i'm like, what were the odds! I got to keep my Devils discussion going!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as for the parise thing, i don't think anyone is intending to or even thought of swapping kovy for parise at any point. i've said since before kovy was traded here.

the only way zach leaves is if he wants to leave, and i really cannot understate the fact that i truely believe it largely hinges on success this year. he needs to see this team take a step forward. if he does, then i bet you see him resign long term at no more than a 6.5 mil a year deal. i truely believe that.

the flip side to that coin? if there isn't that step forward i fully expect him to leave.

That he should see. With Tedneby and Josefson up and coming(more so Teds), Zajac playing at a high level with Kovy, Palmeri showing great upside and throw in the mighty Larsson, we are actually looking very good for next season.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol nope....good try though see when i make a statement i like to back it up :) big difference (which is why i dont lose arguments)

Thanks for clarifying. I thought you just spent your days looking for negative things to post but now I know it's just to back things up.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL stick around u will see I'm not the negative one here good try

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ilya-Bryzgalov-Flyers-Mask.png

BOOOOO

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its kinda fucked up the company's name is over the Flyers logo....but its even more fucking up that its a Flyers logo

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the pads
photo111007008ef7.jpg

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its kinda fucked up the company's name is over the Flyers logo....but its even more fucking up that its a Flyers logo

Was thinking the same thing. And those aren't really the pads are they? Are those legal?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen those pads in a NHL game before... if they were, wow... i missed that one!