• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marty is putting the team first again

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Listen it's a mask I don't care. But to say hey its ok to self promote himself because he has been a team player is just stupid defense. It's a selfish promotion nothing else. I'm glad its over because it looked gay also

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its looked gay? So are you say it was attracted to other logos or other masks?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I got rep for it so someone liked it :)

chrisfab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't like the MB mask either, compared to the old one....but to say its "promoting himself" is kind of silly. Remember, everyone has their name on the back of their jersey as well...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea they do but so does Marty. So what your point

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is the overall risk of putting it there tho. Whether its intentional self promotion or not it does seem to at least run through a lot of peoples minds

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nah nothing wrong with knowing what looks good and doesn't. I think this mask with the "ghost" mb running through it is how it should've been from the start. I will say this I really like the blocker

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought only chicks argued about designs, what's fashionable, and such.

Nah, look at Sean Avery...hes a douche on ice but off ice the man is actually pretty cool.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If I was an NHL goalie I would just wear the plain Jason Friday the 13th mask. I thought goalies looked cool in the old days.
Regarding Avery yea we hate him and it's strange he likes to design clothes for women but it's true he is actually a funny guy in real life. I have a friend who works with with somebody whos girlfriend was friends with averys girlfriend. He is a party guy and funny as hell

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's About time. I thought it was very selfish to have his initials so prominent on the helmet when no other Goalie has it that way

What are you talking about...probably half teh goalies in the league if not more have names on their helmets????

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen it's a mask I don't care. But to say hey its ok to self promote himself because he has been a team player is just stupid defense. It's a selfish promotion nothing else. I'm glad its over because it looked gay also

Good to see your posts haven't changed since the dreaded ESPN board days cup...a constant in a world of change!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Way to join the convo late like usual. I have no problem with change. but on a team that is suppose to be more about team then players that's a problem dont ya think

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Way to join the convo late like usual. I have no problem with change. but on a team that is suppose to be more about team then players that's a problem dont ya think

Just curious who you think is more "team first", Marty or Kovy? Completely unrelated to all the comments previous.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he got any criticism for it, he should have just changed to the 3 Cups in the front and his records listed on the back

I support this.

For me, I never took offense or thought anything of the MB30.... Marty is Marty....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious who you think is more "team first", Marty or Kovy? Completely unrelated to all the comments previous.

Not directed towards me, but I know Kovy was ALL ABOUT EVERYONE but HIM after the trade... He definitely went out of his way to include his teammates and avoid any possible criticism of being a "me" player.

But I don't have that vibe from him anyways nor with marty. I say push.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, BTW calamity, welcome aboard!

That said Kovy has really given little reason to believe he's team first. He publicly took the blame for the first half of the season, holding himself accountable. And while anyone w half a brain in their head would say its not the fault of any one individual, that shows a lot of accountability. I don't understand where the recent hate for home is coming from esp considering his second half play.

As far as Marty goes people don't be so sensitive cup thinks it was a TAD selfish as do I, but to bring into an argument over peoples posting habits or the reason they like another player well all I've got to say there is we all left espn for a reason didn't we

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, BTW calamity, welcome aboard!

That said Kovy has really given little reason to believe he's team first. He publicly took the blame for the first half of the season, holding himself accountable. And while anyone w half a brain in their head would say its not the fault of any one individual, that shows a lot of accountability. I don't understand where the recent hate for home is coming from esp considering his second half play.

As far as Marty goes people don't be so sensitive cup thinks it was a TAD selfish as do I, but to bring into an argument over peoples posting habits or the reason they like another player well all I've got to say there is we all left espn for a reason didn't we

Thank you kindly!

I'm slightly confused with the Bold. I would interpet that a sign of leadership from Kovy. He took accountantability as you mentioned but I can't really link that with a "me first" personna. Maybe to me, "me first" is a selfish stat padding individual who's in it for the fame and glory rather than the championship.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not directed towards me, but I know Kovy was ALL ABOUT EVERYONE but HIM after the trade... He definitely went out of his way to include his teammates and avoid any possible criticism of being a "me" player.

But I don't have that vibe from him anyways nor with marty. I say push.

While I do hate Kovy as much as the next guy, I think the only time he wasnt "team first" was during the whole contract thing. Its a big one though.