• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn plans to skip minicamp to hold out for new contract

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until we hear from either the team or lynch/agent there is no story here.

Having said that, if he is indeed holding out I can understand why. Defend it? No way. I wouldn't negotiate with him if I'm in that front office, but I do get why he would now. He will have no leverage after the end of this coming season. NONE. He will be a liability nearing the end of his big money days. What he has now is the leverage of their need of him this season.

He can ask for anything he likes, but I'll be very disappointed if he is holding out and the team does renegotiate with him in any way that could impact the cap going forward. Love me some beast mode, but not enough to sell out future seasons over a bad investment.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having said that, if he is indeed holding out I can understand why. Defend it? No way. I wouldn't negotiate with him if I'm in that front office, but I do get why he would now. He will have no leverage after the end of this coming season. NONE. He will be a liability nearing the end of his big money days. What he has now is the leverage of their need of him this season.

He can ask for anything he likes, but I'll be very disappointed if he is holding out and the team does renegotiate with him in any way that could impact the cap going forward. Love me some beast mode, but not enough to sell out future seasons over a bad investment.
:agree: I feel the same way.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, it's this story again

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed! Need to keep every dollar in bank to resign RW for long term.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kind of reminds me of what happening with Vernon Davis and the 49ers. Both well paid, both looking for even more money. I don't see it happening for either player. At the end they be back on the field with the same contract, because both teams have players that have contracts coming to an end and need to be resigned.
Speaking for myself, I hope the Seahawks don't budge on this issue. They have young backups, that need playing time and this will give them their chance to show what they have.

It is pretty much the same situation with both players realizing their value will never be any higher going forward so they want push for an extension now and hope the team sweetens the pot a bit.

Lynch is more understandable because he's nearing the dreaded 3 0 and RBs his NFL life is nearly over.

The only reason Gore has been able to last is due to his outstanding ability to read holes and get yardage he shouldn't get but even he's far from being able to take on a primary RBs role anymore.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Lynch doesn't go anywhere for a couple years. When he goes I'll have 6 ex Seahawk players jerseys hanging in my closet. I'd need to buy another one.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Lynch doesn't go anywhere for a couple years. When he goes I'll have 6 ex Seahawk players jerseys hanging in my closet. I'd need to buy another one.

Then avoid a RB jersey. They just don't last in the league.

Can't go wrong with #3. :whistle:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on record as saying I think he will be traded this season or in the next off season. Oakland makes the most sense for him and if they have any young talent, we will gladly take that in return.

Not sure if the Hawks would extend him and trade, or just trade.

The thing with Marshawn that could cause an issue is he is very much a person who values loyalty. If he gets a whiff that we just want to cut him, then who knows what will happen. I just hope they can make something happen that will show our appreciation as well as give him some more security. I really think that answer could be the Oakland Raiders.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on record as saying I think he will be traded this season or in the next off season. Oakland makes the most sense for him and if they have any young talent, we will gladly take that in return.

Not sure if the Hawks would extend him and trade, or just trade.

The thing with Marshawn that could cause an issue is he is very much a person who values loyalty. If he gets a whiff that we just want to cut him, then who knows what will happen. I just hope they can make something happen that will show our appreciation as well as give him some more security. I really think that answer could be the Oakland Raiders.

Trade him? Interesting idea. I guess we well find out in the next year or two if you are right.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of draft value do you think he could bring back? 3rd round? 4th? or is that still too high?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of draft value do you think he could bring back? 3rd round? 4th? or is that still too high?

Good question. RB value has really dropped in the NFL, but Lynch isn't a run of the mill RB. I'd hate to guess to be honest, it's just to hard to tell.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then avoid a RB jersey. They just don't last in the league.

Can't go wrong with #3. :whistle:

True enough. My jersey judgement has been a tad off in recent years. I got a Peterson jersey the year before we let him go. Bad move for me. My Moon, Hass, SA, and Lynch jersey's I cherish.

Now look away or stick your fingers in your ears while admit my most embarrassing purchase......I ....bought.....a pro style....$220.....Aaron....mutha...f&%$.....Curry....Jersey. Just after the draft when it was claimed that he was the "safest, can't miss pick in the draft...ugh. :L :doh: :gaah:

Pity me.

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Marshawn. He sees the writings on the wall

- 28 year old running back nearing the end of his contract
- Young, talented, and much cheaper option at running back behind him
- Seahawks need to clear cap space moving forward with more important younger core guys that need to be extended

He sees Earl and Sherm getting their money and he wants his too. I wish we had the cap and the flexibility to extend him and reward him for everything he has given to the Seahawks...but unfortunately the nature of the business probably means that we have to cut ties with him either next year or the year after

Marshawn Lynch of Seattle Seahawks wants new deal, will skip minicamp - ESPN

Thanks for saving me a lot of typing!:suds:. Lynch could be making the same money if he wasn't such a recluse and got some endorsements(he is totally marketable IMHO). Sherm and Earl are all over the place since their deals were done. They are getting every dollar they can find. Lynch could do the same if he wanted to.

I cannot see a scenario happening where Lynch doesn't play this season. He still gets paid like a top 5 RB and has the chance to "possibly" repeat another SB this year. Seattle loves the guy and he knows it. Buffalo treated him like crap and the Hawks worship him! Go get your money Marshawn!!!!

I know that I'm a homer, but I'm one of the guys that think C. Michael is going to be a stud RB! Turbo is a gamer also.

Ml ain't going no where!!!! I hope!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True enough. My jersey judgement has been a tad off in recent years. I got a Peterson jersey the year before we let him go. Bad move for me. My Moon, Hass, SA, and Lynch jersey's I cherish.

Now look away or stick your fingers in your ears while admit my most embarrassing purchase......I ....bought.....a pro style....$220.....Aaron....mutha...f&%$.....Curry....Jersey. Just after the draft when it was claimed that he was the "safest, can't miss pick in the draft...ugh. :L :doh: :gaah:

Pity me.

Reminds me of seeing someone wearing a Brian Bosworth jersey to a Seahawk game last year.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn Lynch considering retirement? anybody think he might go through with it? He said that he saved a lot of money and has his super bowl ring what do you guys think?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Marshawn Lynch considering retirement? anybody think he might go through with it? He said that he saved a lot of money and has his super bowl ring what do you guys think?

Sounds like a ploy to gain leverage but Lynch is a strange dude so it's something I wouldn't rule completely out either.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you. Why do you guys give this stuff creadance.

We know for a FACT that noone has talked to Lynch.
None of the reports are quoting his agent, or his family, or even the seahawks.

They literally are making this shit up as they go.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you. Why do you guys give this stuff creadance.

We know for a FACT that noone has talked to Lynch.
None of the reports are quoting his agent, or his family, or even the seahawks.

They literally are making this shit up as they go.

I dont know honestly with gossip and sports im a firm believer of the saying "where theres smoke theres fire or was fire" no reporter will make something out of thin air that will hurt your reputation and your credibility

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know honestly with gossip and sports im a firm believer of the saying "where theres smoke theres fire or was fire" no reporter will make something out of thin air that will hurt your reputation and your credibility

LOL really? Remember Jared Allen is in seattle and has signed his contract.

With Lynch there are Unnamed sources saying he's going to retire. There are Also unnamed sources that are saying he wants a contract extension. Can't have it both ways....which unnamed source is right