• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch's DUI trial set 12/27

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
tl;dr for people new to the thread:

Toby accused Marshawn Lynch of murder, then accused other people of being a troll when he couldn't come up with a source for his accusation.

It's actually a lot funnier than that though, I recommend reading the thread to see how we got to this point

Not what actually happened.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tl;dr for people new to the thread:

Toby accused Marshawn Lynch of murder, then accused other people of being a troll when he couldn't come up with a source for his accusation.

It's actually a lot funnier than that though, I recommend reading the thread to see how we got to this point

LOL! At least make up a reasonable lie.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! Someone take the shovel away from Crysies. He's digging his hole too deep. "accused of murder"......ha ha ha!

The legal definition of homicide includes killings that aren't murder. But when you say "vehicular homicide" the average person is going to think "that dude ran someone down with his car and killed them" Maybe it was intentional, maybe it was not.

All you really said was that he killed someone with his car. Hence my question: who did he kill? That's some serious shit to just be tossing around.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The legal definition of homicide includes killings that aren't murder. But when you say "vehicular homicide" the average person is going to think "that dude ran someone down with his car and killed them" Maybe it was intentional, maybe it was not.

All you really said was that he killed someone with his car. Hence my question: who did he kill? That's some serious shit to just be tossing around.

No I didn't.......but then you know that. You are trying to wiggle out of the hole this lie has put you in but you are just falling in deeper. Poor little fella.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Then help me out here. Because I can't figure out what the hell he was talking about.

Sure. He said he was busted for "something like vehicular homicide." He didn't say he was busted for vehicular homicide, he didn't say he killed anyone.

It's not difficult to make a case that vehicular homicide and hit and run are somewhat similar. Both involve using a vehicle as a weapon against a person.

If he said "something like murder 2" and it turned out that he had shot someone, but the person that didn't die I think we could agree that is "something like murder 2."

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

No, he didn't say he killed someone with his car. He said it was "something like vehicular homicide."

It turns out that Lynch hit someone with his car, but the person didn't die.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, I think you're making something out of nothing Whysies.

Toby seemed to genuinely "sorta" remember that Lynch was picked up for something in Buffalo and so what if he incorrectly thought it might have been vehicular homicide. Even if you read what he said he was kind of uncertain and used the phrase something like vehicular homicide. He didn't come across to me as saying it definitely happened.

So what if he mixed up the details with maybe Stallworth or Little, two guys who actually did have vehicular manslaughter convictions/settlements.

Speaking of Little, he pretty much got off the hook for when he killed that woman and was picked up for another DUI 5 or 6 years later... talk about an asshole.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he didn't say he killed someone with his car. He said it was "something like vehicular homicide."

And he fled the scene which makes it more egregious as a hit and run. I only knew it was something serious with his vehicle, but Crysies knows this. He's just desperate to try and "score a point".

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Toby seemed to genuinely "sorta" remember that Lynch was picked up for something in Buffalo and so what if he incorrectly thought it might have been vehicular homicide. Even if you read what he said he was kind of uncertain and used the phrase something like vehicular homicide. He didn't come across to me as saying it definitely happened.

So what if he mixed up the details with maybe Stallworth or Little, two guys who actually did have vehicular manslaughter convictions/settlements.

Speaking of Little, he pretty much got off the hook for when he killed that woman and was picked up for another DUI 5 or 6 years later... talk about an asshole.

I believe it was the Little case that I was thiking of but I knew that Lynch was also involved in something pretty bad with his vehicle (the hit and run), just couldn't remember what it was.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would like to think that there is a world of difference between killing someone and not killing someone, eh?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A quick google search could alleviate any confusion over whether someone committed homicide or not. That's a pretty serious thing to perpetuate, why not take half a step back and think (or google) before you type?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would like to think that there is a world of difference between killing someone and not killing someone, eh?

Of course, but if you focus on method rather than outcome, vehicular homicide and hit-and-run are somewhat similar.

Your irrational hatred of Toby is hurting your ability to reason in this case.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he fled the scene which makes it more egregious as a hit and run. I only knew it was something serious with his vehicle, but Crysies knows this. He's just desperate to try and "score a point".

I think "Whinsies" is funnier than "Crysies" but I will defer to comedic judgment

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A quick google search could alleviate any confusion over whether someone committed homicide or not. That's a pretty serious thing to perpetuate, why not take half a step back and think (or google) before you type?

Seriously, stop. You're coming across as a pompous asshole.

He clearly stated "something like vehicular homicide." If I choose to get technical with you, I will point out that he clearly ruled OUT vehicular homicide as the charge/offense because vehicular homicide is most definitely NOT "something like vehicular homicide. It IS vehicular homicide. Hit and run fits what he said more than vehicular homicide does.

But that would be petty and argumentative. Which is exactly what you are being.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, but if you focus on method rather than outcome, vehicular homicide and hit-and-run are somewhat similar.

Your irrational hatred of Toby is hurting your ability to reason in this case.

Somewhat similar? I guess. But vehicular homicide could include (and implies to the average person) that he, you know, killed someone with his car.

I know it's crazy but I think if you're going to go around saying that you think someone killed someone else, you might want to think about it for a second before you throw that out there. Especially if you can verify it with a quick google search.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was the Little case that I was thiking of but I knew that Lynch was also involved in something pretty bad with his vehicle (the hit and run), just couldn't remember what it was.

Well, I'm not going to criticize... I didn't even know Lynch was picked up for a driving incident in Buffalo.

To get back on topic though. I'm not sure why he tried so hard to delay this trial. He could end up missing playoff games if he is convicted in late December. Seems pretty stupid, a couple games in September would have been better than playoff games for his team. That thing in Buffalo netted him a 3 game suspension (I used Wikipedia)... so, what is next? 6-8 games or a year?