• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch's DUI trial set 12/27

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
3 strikes laws usually only refer to the 3rd being a felony instead of a misdemeanor. Some states are 2 strike states, meaning first DUI is misdemeanor and 2nd is felony. It does not mean automatic prison (usually).

Vehicular Homicide means he killed someone - which I have not heard of happening with him.

I can't speak to all states, but in CA, strikes are particular felonies. A DUI is never a strike so far as I know. Strikes affect sentencing, and in theory at least, after three of them you can receive a life sentence. Though that was changed fairly recently.

As far as DUIs, they are never strikes. However, the number three does have some significance. In CA, you can get three DUIs within 10 years before a felony DUI - unless you injure/kill someone.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He'll probably get suspended next season from the league since it's not his first go around with this but as far as punishment likely pay some fines and have to take a few classes.

I mean really the only thing CA cares about when it comes to DUIs is collecting that fine money anyways.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely missed this story somewhere along the way.......

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't agree to anything. What are you talking about? I'm genuinely starting to be concerned for you. Do you have a brain tumor or something?

You said you thought he killed someone. I asked who. So please tell me, who did he kill?

Notice how only you didn't see the question mark after the statement about vehicular homicide? That indicated to the rest of us that I only knew that he was involved with something illegal with his vehicle for which he was arrested? Notice how no one else commented on it (except the Seahwak troll)? Your desperation to "score a point" once again has you looking the fool.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Notice how only you didn't see the question mark after the statement about vehicular homicide? That indicated to the rest of us that I only knew that he was involved with something illegal with his vehicle for which he was arrested? Notice how no one else commented on it (except the Seahwak troll)? Your desperation to "score a point" once again has you looking the fool.

There was no question mark.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak to all states, but in CA, strikes are particular felonies. A DUI is never a strike so far as I know. Strikes affect sentencing, and in theory at least, after three of them you can receive a life sentence. Though that was changed fairly recently.

As far as DUIs, they are never strikes. However, the number three does have some significance. In CA, you can get three DUIs within 10 years before a felony DUI - unless you injure/kill someone.

If someone is arrested for DUI and blows more than a 1.6 on the breathalyzer it is considered a felony in California. The person is still charged with the two normal DUI statutes, but also gets charged with a special circumstance DUI for being twice the limit for drunk driving. You don't hear about many felony DUIs though because usually attorneys can get the felony wiped away if the defendant pleads Guilty or No Contest.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said there was a question mark when there in fact wasn't one.

LOL! Are you really admitting that you didn't see that as a question? I don't believe you.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL! Are you really admitting that you didn't see that as a question? I don't believe you.

You lied about the question mark. That's all I'm pointing out. If you forgot to add it, just say so.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lied about the question mark. That's all I'm pointing out. If you forgot to add it, just say so.

And you admitted that you could not discern that statement as a question. I believe you are not that stupid and are simply lying or trolling.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Don't deflect your mistake on SJB because you screwed up your punctuation. This is turning into the dumbest thread in a while.

SJB, you're wrestling with stupidity. It's getting all over you. You're going to need a shower.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I recommend bleach. Sure it will hurt, but it's the only way to get it off.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't deflect your mistake on SJB because you screwed up your punctuation. This is turning into the dumbest thread in a while.

SJB, you're wrestling with stupidity. It's getting all over you. You're going to need a shower.

Its an easy way to smoke out the trolls. No one, I repeat, no one, when reading that statenent did not discern it as a question and that even includes the ignorant such as yourself.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choose to ignore. It is easy. Anyway Lynch will get to play this season ,that is all I care about and that the 9ers should focus on. Many players fuck up every day....I only care about the ones that are on or play the 9ers . I have begun to not feel sorry for any of them.....including any on the 9ers team.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choose to ignore. It is easy. Anyway Lynch will get to play this season ,that is all I care about and that the 9ers should focus on. Many players fuck up every day....I only care about the ones that are on or play the 9ers . I have begun to not feel sorry for any of them.....including any on the 9ers team.

I suppose I could ignore them but I find it a lot more fun to make the trolls look silly.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I blame the bye week blues. Might as well pass the time dealing with idiots.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tl;dr for people new to the thread:

Toby accused Marshawn Lynch of murder, then accused other people of being a troll when he couldn't come up with a source for his accusation.

It's actually a lot funnier than that though, I recommend reading the thread to see how we got to this point