• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch's DUI trial set 12/27

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, stop. You're coming across as a pompous asshole.

He clearly stated "something like vehicular homicide." If I choose to get technical with you, I will point out that he clearly ruled OUT vehicular homicide as the charge/offense because vehicular homicide is most definitely NOT "something like vehicular homicide. It IS vehicular homicide. Hit and run fits what he said more than vehicular homicide does.

But that would be petty and argumentative. Which is exactly what you are being.

Wait, you're calling someone petty, argumentative, and a pompous asshole? You do realize that you're imac, right?

My point is this: just think before you type. And don't say incendiary shit just to troll the board.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm not going to criticize... I didn't even know Lynch was picked up for a driving incident in Buffalo.

To get back on topic though. I'm not sure why he tried so hard to delay this trial. He could end up missing playoff games if he is convicted in late December. Seems pretty stupid, a couple games in September would have been better than playoff games for his team. That thing in Buffalo netted him a 3 game suspension (I used Wikipedia)... so, what is next? 6-8 games or a year?

I agree with whoever said (Sickness?) that he probably won't be suspended until next year. The Seahawks seem to be pretty savvy with the handling of some of their suspensions (like Sherman's)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick google search could alleviate any confusion over whether someone committed homicide or not. That's a pretty serious thing to perpetuate, why not take half a step back and think (or google) before you type?

Because he didn't care enough to be completely accurate? Still, not a big deal... it is after all just a message board. Older people who had to think on their own before google tend to still rely on their memory, even if it is fuzzy at times.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Somewhat similar? I guess. But vehicular homicide could include (and implies to the average person) that he, you know, killed someone with his car.

I know it's crazy but I think if you're going to go around saying that you think someone killed someone else, you might want to think about it for a second before you throw that out there. Especially if you can verify it with a quick google search.

And hit and run outright states that he hit someone with his car (and fled the scene).

As I said, focus on the method, not the outcome.

And he didn't say Lynch killed anyone.

Your obsession is making you crazy.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wait, you're calling someone petty, argumentative, and a pompous asshole? You do realize that you're imac, right?

My point is this: just think before you type. And don't say incendiary shit just to troll the board.

Yeah. I'm calling you petty, argumentative and pompous. Maybe I can recognize it?

That point of yours, your advice, you may want to heed it yourself. You managed to completely sidetrack this thread with your obsessions with Toby.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he didn't care enough to be completely accurate? Still, not a big deal... it is after all just a message board. Older people who had to think on their own before google tend to still rely on their memory, even if it is fuzzy at times.

I like the not so subtile old geezer trolling here :)

I've said it like 3 times so I will drop it after this post: I think it's fucked up to acuse someone of killing (or murdering) someone else if you don't have your facts straight. It's doubly fucked up when you could verify whether that is true or not by just jumping over to another webpage. And then everything after that was your typical bizarro Toby posting wherein he trolls people by calling them a troll.

Why not, when questioned as to what he's basing his statement that the dude killed someone on, just say "Oh, sorry, my mistake, it was a hit and run." When he first said he thought he killed someone I thought it was fishy but I was genuinely curious what he was talking about. I found the hit and run story but couldn't find anything else and I was wondering if the lady died like 3 months later or something.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with whoever said (Sickness?) that he probably won't be suspended until next year. The Seahawks seem to be pretty savvy with the handling of some of their suspensions (like Sherman's)

How about Browner? Sherman only got off on a loophole/technicality. Lynch and his legal team are certainly trying to set up the possibility of using a loophole/technicality, I think they are hoping that if they delay as long as possible the arresting officer will forget specific details and they'll get an acquittal. BUT, Goodell doesn't need a conviction to suspend players. He has made it perfectly clear that if the legal system fails, he won't. Lynch has had previous trouble with the law, been suspended, and is now having more troubles. Anything is possible, but I imagine a suspension is coming when that trial ends based on his past. The whole point of suspensions is to make the player pay the price for their actions, letting him potentially advance in the playoffs and win a Super Bowl and suspending him afterwards is hardly a punishment that will send a message to Lynch or any other player.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Browner? Sherman only got off on a loophole/technicality. Lynch and his legal team are certainly trying to set up the possibility of using a loophole/technicality, I think they are hoping that if they delay as long as possible the arresting officer will forget specific details and they'll get an acquittal. BUT, Goodell doesn't need a conviction to suspend players. He has made it perfectly clear that if the legal system fails, he won't. Lynch has had previous trouble with the law, been suspended, and is now having more troubles. Anything is possible, but I imagine a suspension is coming when that trial ends based on his past. The whole point of suspensions is to make the player pay the price for their actions, letting him potentially advance in the playoffs and win a Super Bowl and suspending him afterwards is hardly a punishment that will send a message to Lynch or any other player.

Yeah, I remember the Browner suspension. I thought for some reason that both the CBs tested positive like mid season and the Seahawks manipulated the appeals so that their suspensions wouldn't overlap. But I just looked it up and it said he tested postive week 12 so I'm wrong.

You very well could be right about the timing and his counsel's motivation. I hope you're right that it backfires on him. I don't want to play them in Seattle (or at all really) but I would feel a lot better if they didn't have Lynch.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That's a good point. I never thought to apply this logic in an online setting. This will help me determine who is being a troll and who is just plain old.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about a suspension for Lynch as big as what has been posted here. I had to look this up but I do remember that he has never been charged for a DUI before.

Judge refuses to dismiss DUI case against Marshawn Lynch | ProFootballTalk

"Even if Lynch is found guilty, a suspension is unlikely. Although he has had prior incidents under the personal-conduct policy, Lynch has never before been charged with DUI. The standard penalty for a first-offense DUI is a two-game fine."

I'm betting he will play this whole season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the not so subtile old geezer trolling here :)

I've said it like 3 times so I will drop it after this post: I think it's fucked up to acuse someone of killing (or murdering) someone else if you don't have your facts straight. It's doubly fucked up when you could verify whether that is true or not by just jumping over to another webpage. And then everything after that was your typical bizarro Toby posting wherein he trolls people by calling them a troll.

Why not, when questioned as to what he's basing his statement that the dude killed someone on, just say "Oh, sorry, my mistake, it was a hit and run." When he first said he thought he killed someone I thought it was fishy but I was genuinely curious what he was talking about. I found the hit and run story but couldn't find anything else and I was wondering if the lady died like 3 months later or something.

I immediately posted the facts when you told me you were either too to lazy or were unable to look them up yourself when you pleaded for "needs source". So desperate were you though to try and "score" that you couldn't see that and went on to be made a fool in this thread. You brought this derision on yourself

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Golde claims that, in 2012, the arresting officer claimed he watched Lynch driving for only one-fifth of a mile. Golde contends that the officer now says he watched Lynch for a full mile.

“The officer drastically changed his story on that critical piece of information,” Golde said. “The impression the DA’s office seems to be making is that they are singling him out to show that high-profile players can’t get away with these things. After all of what Marshawn does for this community, for the police to lie and change their story to prosecute him is inexcusable.”

Critical piece of information? All that matters was that he was driving. The distance he drove is absolutely irrelevant so far as the law is concerned. It could have been 10 feet.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I immediately posted the facts when you told me you were either too to lazy or were unable to look them up yourself when you pleaded for "needs source". So desperate were you though to try and "score" that you couldn't see that and went on to be made a fool in this thread. You brought this derision on yourself

I was derided by you (a senile racist troll who is the village idiot of the board) and imac (whose existence is fueled-and possibly justified- by internet confrontations). I have the utmost respect for your contributions to the community but forgive me if I'm unfazed by your collective "derision."

Of course when three steps in that is where the derision is just too much for me to handle. Apologies my good troll. Carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golde claims that, in 2012, the arresting officer claimed he watched Lynch driving for only one-fifth of a mile. Golde contends that the officer now says he watched Lynch for a full mile.

“The officer drastically changed his story on that critical piece of information,” Golde said. “The impression the DA’s office seems to be making is that they are singling him out to show that high-profile players can’t get away with these things. After all of what Marshawn does for this community, for the police to lie and change their story to prosecute him is inexcusable.”

Critical piece of information? All that matters was that he was driving. The distance he drove is absolutely irrelevant so far as the law is concerned. It could have been 10 feet.

:agree:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was derided by you (a senile racist troll who is the village idiot of the board) and imac (whose existence is fueled-and possibly justified- by internet confrontations). I have the utmost respect for your contributions to the community but forgive me if I'm unfazed by your collective "derision."

Of course when three steps in that is where the derision is just too much for me to handle. Apologies my good troll. Carry on.

Poor little fella stopped counting at two.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor little fella stopped counting at two.

If you actually read my post (this is becoming a trend with you- is this the next generation of the senile grandpa schtick?) I counted up to three. How many did you count?

Also, I count 6 people either saying they didn't know what the fuck you were talking about or calling you stupid. Since that is 6 posters on my side and 3 on yours, I am the victor in this internet fight.

Now seriously please drop it, I already conceded to you multiple times. You win!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you actually read my post (this is becoming a trend with you- is this the next generation of the senile grandpa schtick?) I counted up to three. How many did you count?

Also, I count 6 people either saying they didn't know what the fuck you were talking about or calling you stupid. Since that is 6 posters on my side and 3 on yours, I am the victor in this internet fight.

Now seriously please drop it, I already conceded to you multiple times. You win!

I didn't count any. I counted one who said there "was no question mark" but immediately backed down when he realized he was looking ridiculous trying to say he couldn't understand my statement was a question. Other than that it was just your fellow trolls weighing in. But then, you knew that.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. I also believe that just being behind the wheel under the influence without even driving the vehicle is a DUI in many states.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Right. In fact, I don't think the NFL is even allowed to do anything 'til his trial date, and that's 2 days before the last game of the season. I don't think there's any way a suspension comes that fast. And suspensions, as far as I know, are deferred to the next season if it's the postseason.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
True. I also believe that just being behind the wheel under the influence without even driving the vehicle is a DUI in many states.

I can't speak for other states, but in CA driving is an element of the crime. However, it doesn't matter how far the vehicle travels. And I've seen at least one conviction for a guy pulling an emergency brake from the passenger seat.