• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch's DUI trial set 12/27

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm going to leave it at you being wrong on this. Personal experience with someone dealing with a felony (was in the court room).

Your other post, I only did a dirty internet search, so I concede that comment.

Doobie, you're wrong as far as CA is concerned. There must have been some other circumstance that made it a felony, whether it was the 4th DUI in 10 years, an injury accident, or something else similar.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobie, you're wrong as far as CA is concerned. There must have been some other circumstance that made it a felony, whether it was the 4th DUI in 10 years, an injury accident, or something else similar.

Well, fuck.

I try not to talk out of my ass, but guess I did.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I just said. He didn't specify.

And the 3 strikes law thing is a moot point anyway because the law has been repealed.

Being completely wrong is your specialty isn't it? (Rhetorical)

The three strikes law was not repealed... In 2012 via proposition 36 (aka 3 strikes reform act) it was reformed so that a mandatory 25 to life was no longer mandatory on a third strike that was not "serious" or "violent". So for instance, if a third strike was for possession of cocaine you won't get a life in prison. Also, Proposition 36 allows people sentenced under the old Three Strikes law...who would not be subject to a Three Strikes sentence under the new law...to petition for a reduced term. Other than that, the three strikes law is alive and well.

As soon as you make one accurate post about lynch or the three strikes law I will applaud you. The three strikes law doesn't make the three strike point moot. What makes it moot, is that lynch doesn't have a single felony nor was his last "non felony" DUI a serious or violent felony.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Being completely wrong is your specialty isn't it? (Rhetorical)

The three strikes law was not repealed...

Yes it was! It was replaced with an entirely new law as you just said. The old 3-strikes law doesn't exist any more. And you're admittedly harping on a moot point because he's never had a felony, and Lynch's crimes wouldn't apply under the old one or the new.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was! It was replaced with an entirely new law as you just said. The old 3-strikes law doesn't exist any more. And you're admittedly harping on a moot point because he's never had a felony, and Lynch's crimes wouldn't apply under the old one or the new.

That's what I thought as well. I remember hearing about it the other day and that it was retroactive and now a lot of guys who had life sentences were now getting out.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, going back to the original topic... Lynch is not going to be penalized, or the penalty will involve something minor like a 1-game suspension that he'll end up playing. You have a better chance of seeing a Shehawks game being called fairly than you have of Lynch missing any significant action.