• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariota Dropping...

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady Quinn was a total waste of a first round pick.
He sure was! I also think teams wanna make sure they don't get another Brady Quinn. The knock on Mariota is he does not throw that well from the pocket, so it limits the number of teams that will really want him in rd 1.
Chip would, because he ran Chips offense, but nobody else runs Chips offense in the NFL.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't believe it until I see it. Though Johnny Football fell into our laps last year and Chip passed. Could he do the same if his QB Mariota dropped? I doubt it greatly. If by some chance Mariota starts falling and is available past #10 I think we start trying to move up. But who's going to do us and Chip a favor? They will still demand a kings ransom. They couldn't move up to get anyone they wanted in last years draft. We all have seen how that turned out (Smith). They will need to address the defensive secondary in FA for me to be comfortable drafting a QB early.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mariota drops to #2 overall. Somebody will be willing to pay bigtime in a trade.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mariota drops to #2 overall. Somebody will be willing to pay bigtime in a trade.

And they will become the new Redskins. I think teams are beginning to learn that if the price is too high the gamble is not worth it.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait till Ohio State beats them Monday night.....OHHHH MAN!!!!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take Mariota in the top 5 if you are going to adjust your offense to fit his style of play. If you are going to run a traditional style of play you don't take him in the top 5. It's that simple. I think Mariota is good enough and diligent enough to become a good pocket passer, but a team would have to have a year or two of patience while he works on that part of his game. You usually don't take a QB in the top 5 to have him sit for 2 years. Now, you can look at Cam Newton who was a simple one read and run QB at Auburn yet came in and had a damn good rookie season ...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe Kelly wants him bad, Foles and Sanchez will both be gone in the offseason.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he drops then it fits into everyone plan here. I seriously doubt it, its really hard to tell at this point because we have not even had the combine yet

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taz Clearly if Mariota lights up Ohio St his stock will go up, but if he does not it goes down....Clearly as Eagles fans, we need him to Tank!

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Eagles are REALLY aggressive in FA, then Chip might be more tempted to play the trade game in the draft. No way he can give up a lot of picks unless he fills major defensive holes in FA.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Eagles are REALLY aggressive in FA, then Chip might be more tempted to play the trade game in the draft. No way he can give up a lot of picks unless he fills major defensive holes in FA.
Very true.....If a good number of young players shake loose from their respective teams then Kelly can go to town.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he fell into our lap at 20 id do a backflip. It all depends on senior bowl week. If he shreds a very good crop of defenders comming out from the pocket, hes gonna go very high.

Two things help us though

1. Jameis winston comming out

2. Cardale jones' play.

If jones shreds Oregon, hes gonna be a first round qb. His size and speed, big arm and confidence are what qb coaches dream of. I can easily see winston go 1st, followed by jones and mariotta slipping to 20. But I wouldn't be surprised if the giants tried to fuck us by taking him or trading back with say, denver or Arizona who will be taking a qb.

The way I see it

Tenn, NO, Zona, Den, Tampa, houston, and the cowgirls will be looking for a qb high. Some for now, some for transition from older 35+ aged qbs.

dallas could also leap frog us. We all know how much jerruh loves star power.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:hope:

Common sense is prevailing. Mariota has major question marks.