• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Trade deadline 2013

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on how much cash the Brewers put into the deal, I actually would not be opposed to it. Something has to be done with Ackley because with Franklin, there isn't room for Ackley on the roster. I am probably the only person around that thinks Hultzen has a low ceiling and would much rather him be dealt than Paxton

I actually agree with you about Hultzen. I think he can have a solid major league career but I don't see him as a #1 in the rotation. I see him more as a middle of the rotation guy.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hultzen could be excellent, but his shoulder is extremely scary.

Getting something valuable for him would be hard right now.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys on the major league roster I wouldn't mind seeing moved would be Ryan, Perez, Ibanez, and Guti. The last 3 only if you're gonna get something more than a AA fringe prospect.

Brendan Ryan has no role for this team. Give him away to a playoff team that needs an 8th inning defensive replacement. I don't care.

Perez has shown he can be a dominant back of the bullpen arm or even a closer. Sell high!

Ibanez is 41. I like the heart warming stories of ex-Mariners and all but again, sell high!

Guti can't stay healthy. He strikes me more like an injured Brendan Ryan. Give him to someone who needs a project to see if he can stay healthy for them.

Otherwise I'd like to see the rest stay together and see what happens. Any of the current starting pitchers can go outside of Felix and Kuma, but the young core has been pretty exciting. Finally getting to see guys playing baseball the right way and not rolling over when things get a little difficult. Kyle Seager is quickly becoming my favorite player on this team.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always thought the same with Hultzen. He was the 'safe' pick. I don't want 'safe' picks, I want high upside picks. I saw him then, and see him now as a #3 rotation guy at best and that is not what you should be shooting for with the #2 overall pick.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the dodgers would trade their Seager for a reliever and one of our expendable position guys? Wouldn't it be cool to have all 3 seagers playing at the same time. Would have to make Miller or Corey Seager a corner OF'er since they both play SS.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the dodgers would trade their Seager for a reliever and one of our expendable position guys? Wouldn't it be cool to have all 3 seagers playing at the same time. Would have to make Miller or Corey Seager a corner OF'er since they both play SS.

The Dodgers aren't going to trade their best position prospect for a reliever. Cory Seager is a top 100 maybe top 50 prospect in baseball right now. He'd be the type of prospect you'd hope to get back in a trade for Iwakuma.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always thought the same with Hultzen. He was the 'safe' pick. I don't want 'safe' picks, I want high upside picks. I saw him then, and see him now as a #3 rotation guy at best and that is not what you should be shooting for with the #2 overall pick.

I hated the pick then and hate it more now. We kept hearing about him being the most "big league ready" player in the draft. Not the best talent available at #2.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely agree with that. But in that same token, I think Mariners fans blew their shit when Morrow was selected over Lincecum

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I take my thought back. I wouldn't mind seeing us trade Saunders for a bullpen guy. We need help in our bullpen I think.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think we could see hultzen come up and pitch a while before we decide what he is or isnt? just a thought

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hultzen may never stay healthy enough to come up and show us what he has or doesn't have. That is a gamble for a guy with limited upside. Deal him if the offer is right.

Consider this the Ryan Anderson possible nightmare all over again. We could have gotten a good return on him if we only knew then before the injury. With Hultzen, at least we know there is an issue,

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think we could see hultzen come up and pitch a while before we decide what he is or isnt? just a thought

Can't we shut down message boards so people can't give their thoughts.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree although I think an organization needs a good balance of 'safe' and high upside picks. And there is such a thing as a safe and high upside player. But at #2 I think you go for the highest upside possible.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the pick then and hate it more now. We kept hearing about him being the most "big league ready" player in the draft. Not the best talent available at #2.

And we didn't need the "big league ready" player at the time anyway cause we were still not ready to compete.

I was a little disappointed with the pick because everyone wanted offense. At the time I wanted Bubba Starling but was afraid he wouldn't sign.

This was a draft class that we probably would've been better off being lower in the draft IMO.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hultzen was looking great until the shoulder injury. The negativity I'm seeing about him prior to that is patently absurd. 31 strikeouts in his last 28 innings. Sub 1.00 WHIP. Looked very good in 2013 until the shoulder injury.

Now, with the shoulder injury, things are very scary, but before that happened, things were looking really excellent for him.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hultzen may never stay healthy enough to come up and show us what he has or doesn't have. That is a gamble for a guy with limited upside. Deal him if the offer is right.

Consider this the Ryan Anderson possible nightmare all over again. We could have gotten a good return on him if we only knew then before the injury. With Hultzen, at least we know there is an issue,

Yup. Seattle's history is littered with pitchers who had varying but usually high potentials and made very little if any contribution for the M's thanks to injuries. Ryan Anderson probably being the most noteworthy. Off the top of my head Jeff Heaverlo, Travis Blackley and Cha Seung Baek also come to mind.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hultzen was looking great until the shoulder injury. The negativity I'm seeing about him prior to that is patently absurd. 31 strikeouts in his last 28 innings. Sub 1.00 WHIP. Looked very good in 2013 until the shoulder injury.

Now, with the shoulder injury, things are very scary, but before that happened, things were looking really excellent for him.

Part of it probably has to do with his control problems at the end of the 2012 Season (8 BB/9 in Tacoma). His strikeout #'s were still impressive (10.5 K/9 in Tacoma).

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody is saying he didn't look good this season people are saying he is a #3 starter in the rotation at best. I actually think he looked pretty good this season in his limited playing time but if you remember correctly he had a pretty big control problem last season. I think most people figured that problem would go away which it seemed to do before the injury.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we (Mariners) now start thinking trades? I don't see why we would not look in to offers for Morales, Morse, Perez, Wilhelmsen, Ryan, etc. Of the bunch, Morales is the only one I see as a Type A free agent so getting more value for the others over a sandwich pick shouldn't be too hard. Also, what is the harm in trading Morales since he is a free agent at the end of the year and we will have the same chance as anyone to re-sign him. I know we can offer him the one year deal making it less likely a team signs him because they don't want to forfeit a 1st round pick, I would rather try and sign him to a 3 year deal or let him walk in a trade with something coming back.

And yes, Jack's trade history scares me to death.