• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Minors Thread - 2016

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow have a game why don't you. Hell of a start in the NW.

Well it seems that Lind being dealt is inevitable. I'm just hoping that he hasn't lost all of his value now that the it will seem apparent that the M's are in desperation mode to deal him. Who cares if he isn't great at 1B. Smoak was a gold glove caliber 1B and we saw how that worked out.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it seems that Lind being dealt is inevitable. I'm just hoping that he hasn't lost all of his value now that the it will seem apparent that the M's are in desperation mode to deal him. Who cares if he isn't great at 1B. Smoak was a gold glove caliber 1B and we saw how that worked out.
Good point. It will be interesting if he does get dealt which team it ends up being. I think his market is actually fairly limited, I was thinking the Nationals make some sense to want a first baseman.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. It will be interesting if he does get dealt which team it ends up being. I think his market is actually fairly limited, I was thinking the Nationals make some sense to want a first baseman.

I don't think any of the Mariners who will/should get dealt are everyday players. Neither everyone makes sense in the NL though. Ianetta can be the back up catcher, Lind and Smith are pinch hitters late in games, Smith maybe even a DH, Aoki is the Dave Roberts. The one guy who should have alot value IMO is Gutierrez. Sure he is injury prone but damn he is a solid player when plays more than a spot start. It's such a shame he didn't stay in Seattle his first winter.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Hultzen retires.

It was only a matter of time before this news was made official. He probably would have made it to the majors at some point if he his health didn't fail him. Too bad he couldn't stay healthy.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really hope that guy gets called up Tacoma in September. The most exciting thing in years at Tacoma was Hultzen vs Moyer. Or at least he better in one of the games in Arizona I will go to. I was stoked I got to see Lee play but missed every other young guy I was hoping to see.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any of the Mariners who will/should get dealt are everyday players. Neither everyone makes sense in the NL though. Ianetta can be the back up catcher, Lind and Smith are pinch hitters late in games, Smith maybe even a DH, Aoki is the Dave Roberts. The one guy who should have alot value IMO is Gutierrez. Sure he is injury prone but damn he is a solid player when plays more than a spot start. It's such a shame he didn't stay in Seattle his first winter.

I think a lot of people don't realize that over his last 164 games (over 3 years) he has 35 HRs in only 476 ABs.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people don't realize that over his last 164 games (over 3 years) he has 35 HRs in only 476 ABs.

Well did not know that hmm, interesting. I know that is seems like when every he plays 2 out of 3 or a stretch like that he seems to actually plays really well.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Dipoto and his new staff can continue to build on this. It's nice to have hope as an M's fan.