• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: MARINERS MINORS 2021

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of getting a 2B but IMO we need to see Raleigh up first before they start the flood gates on trades. Trading for Bieber is my wish list. He being the ace with Gilbert, Marco, Hancock and Kikuchi. If Raleigh can show he is MLB caliber then I am all in them throwing Amazon type money at Bryant and lil Seager and resigning big Seager to play 2B. Sorry JP, love ya but you can be the big name with a top prospect to get Bieber or hell deGrom.
yea Raleigh needs to be up like now. The whole we dont have room for him because Torrens and Murphy are hitting ok is hogwash. He needs big league abs this year so we can see how that position looks for 2022.

The Bieber idea is intriguing. Depends what direction the Indians go next year, they are still kind of competing with the White Sox for now but not sure what that means going forward since they already have dealt alot. (Looking at spotrac, seems like they would probably hold him next year but idk.)

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I prefer JP over lil Seager is availability. Lil Seager misses too many games for my liking. I wouldn't pass totally on him for that reason, but I would look to use that money in other places like 1B and 2B and yes OF in that order (excluding pitching). I still don't get the whole hesitation thing with Raleigh. He is the one prospect that has had his time in the minors and has shown he is actually ready. I know Dipoto said he doesn't have room for him with Torens and Murphy but ????????????? really. That to me is like saying I wouldn't bring up Hancock because of Sheffield.
or like saying I wouldnt sign a 2nd baseman because Moore had a few good weeks........oh wait that did actually happen. Maybe that's apples and oranges but the point is, the future holes and potential future solutions are getting more obvious. I'd rather not overact to journeyman players putting together a couple good weeks worth of games.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So maybe another Ty France type which is definitely a useful piece
That was what came to mind with me as well. I am big on defense and have hated sacrificing defense for offense, but with todays game you almost have to. My fear though is he gets traded before we ever see him. I can see DIPoto dealing him for middle reliever with one good year under his belt.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I didnt think Kelenic would be eligible but I guess i didnt know the criteria fully
I was going to ask @NWinAZ how many guys who MLB experience have played in the futures game.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I prefer JP over lil Seager is availability. Lil Seager misses too many games for my liking. I wouldn't pass totally on him for that reason, but I would look to use that money in other places like 1B and 2B and yes OF in that order (excluding pitching). I still don't get the whole hesitation thing with Raleigh. He is the one prospect that has had his time in the minors and has shown he is actually ready. I know Dipoto said he doesn't have room for him with Torens and Murphy but ????????????? really. That to me is like saying I wouldn't bring up Hancock because of Sheffield.
I wasn’t trying to imply I don’t like JP. It was more if the M’s have a chance at the 2 Seagers and Bryant on the IF then bye JP IMO. I get the hesitation of the injuries but just to me it is what it is. Spending that money on other resources for I understand, but they have enough money and just in order to get a guy say a Bryant, and not have to spend Betts money, they may have to bring in another stud too.

The main reason I want Raleigh up, besides he has earned it, is they need to see if he is viable. They are suppose to be “in it to win it” next year. But how can you realistically do that if you have two unproven rookies in Raleigh and JRod, let alone the pitching staff that will most likely have a combo of Hancock/Kirby/Williamson or one of the other top pitching prospects.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason I want Raleigh up, besides he has earned it, is they need to see if he is viable. They are suppose to be “in it to win it” next year. But how can you realistically do that if you have two unproven rookies in Raleigh and JRod, let alone the pitching staff that will most likely have a combo of Hancock/Kirby/Williamson or one of the other top pitching prospects.
Nailed it. I just don't get the delay, but it is the mariners and that is all that needs to be said.

I wasn’t trying to imply I don’t like JP. It was more if the M’s have a chance at the 2 Seagers and Bryant on the IF then bye JP IMO. I get the hesitation of the injuries but just to me it is what it is. Spending that money on other resources for I understand, but they have enough money and just in order to get a guy say a Bryant, and not have to spend Betts money, they may have to bring in another stud too.
I am getting to the point where I am not sure I even want any of those guys. The cost and liability of each scares me. I like hard nosed, everyday players that fit a team mold. Semien is growing on me more than the other big named SS's coming available. I haven't even looked up the other free agents available mainly because I know M's won't be I on any of them.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
738 on current rosters.
Damn, good work. I have only seen parts of one in 2019 and it didn’t seem like anyone was really close. So I guess I just assumed.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am high on JP but even I dont think/am not sure that what he is doing offensively is sustainable for him. So its definitely something I kind of am a tad weary of in the back of my head. He was never really supposed to be the catalyst for the offense which is what he has been somewhat the last two months. I love it but not sure that's what he will end up being. I think he at the very least is a solid major leaguer who will fit somewhere in the lineup but the idea of maybe selling high? IDK, i dont like it since I like the player but has to be considered.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, good work. I have only seen parts of one in 2019 and it didn’t seem like anyone was really close. So I guess I just assumed.
Totally B.S.ing you. I don't even think there are that many players in the majors. I have no clue how many have made it from that game, but it would be interesting to know.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over under on August 15th he will make his MLB debut?
I don't know all the contract situation with promoting him. That is M's criteria I believe...