• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: MARINERS MINORS 2021

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude is a tough one. He is a “must hit” for the rebuild, but I also feel he will end up as the main piece in a trade for a supposed star.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude is a tough one. He is a “must hit” for the rebuild, but I also feel he will end up as the main piece in a trade for a supposed star.
probably true but I hope you are wrong. M's should not be trying to trade prospects for stars.They should be grooming prospects and signing stars.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably true but I hope you are wrong. M's should not be trying to trade prospects for stars.They should be grooming prospects and signing stars.
Well ya, that is the goal. But the resume of them signing stars plus spending on fielding a team isn’t great. They have signed guys for massively overpaid contracts. Crap, even look at Ichiro, yeah his contract ended up being solid but look how much they spend on just the bidding on him. Lou would’ve loved to have spent that money on keeping ARod, getting a starting LF FA or having that money to trade for someone significant at the deadline.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ya, that is the goal. But the resume of them signing stars plus spending on fielding a team isn’t great. They have signed guys for massively overpaid contracts. Crap, even look at Ichiro, yeah his contract ended up being solid but look how much they spend on just the bidding on him. Lou would’ve loved to have spent that money on keeping ARod, getting a starting LF FA or having that money to trade for someone significant at the deadline.
You can't count Ichiro as anything baseball normal. He was an ownership signing to bring the Asian market to Seattle. He was totally a PR move.

As far as their resume goes, they better start updating it soon with positive moves.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is the best chance for a true #1 in our system and the one id really prefer not to trade

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually do have slight trust in the organization to develop pitching. It’s the hitting I fear more. I do think at some point they will need to deal prospects but hopefully they can keep most of them

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is the best chance for a true #1 in our system and the one id really prefer not to trade
I know, I don’t disagree at all. But eventually they are going to “try to win” and will have to trade some of these guys. Until the Mariners get an actual win then they aren’t going to attract the free agents they need to put them over the top IMO. Can’t imagine with Bryant or any free agent like him that if all things are equal Seattle gets him. I may be in the minority I just don’t think they can do Cano type contracts and win a World Series.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I don’t disagree at all. But eventually they are going to “try to win” and will have to trade some of these guys. Until the Mariners get an actual win then they aren’t going to attract the free agents they need to put them over the top IMO. Can’t imagine with Bryant or any free agent like him that if all things are equal Seattle gets him. I may be in the minority I just don’t think they can do Cano type contracts and win a World Series.
Yea I'd prefer not to deal Jrod or Hancock but guys like Kirby or Marte I'd be more willing to part with. I dont see them outbidding people for Cole type free agents either

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'd prefer not to deal Jrod or Hancock but guys like Kirby or Marte I'd be more willing to part with. I dont see them outbidding people for Cole type free agents either
Speaking of JRod, just saw he got promoted to AA.

With the trades, I don’t really know. I think JRod is untouchable. But it seems like since I was a child the Mariners always are the ones getting dictated to when it comes to trades. If they want to get or trade player X, it seems the other teams says this is our terms take it or leave without real negotiations. Jerry had the Cano deal reportedly done with the Mets including McNeil, Mets fans got pissed so they pulled him out. The Adam Jones/Bedard deal was reportedly all done then the Orioles said eh give us Tillman too. The list just goes on and on.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think at some point they will need to deal prospects but hopefully they can keep most of them
I guess that depends on what you mean by prospects. If you are talking the guys in the MiLB Top 100, I would say no. If you are talking other pieces, then sure but not sure what you get for them that would help.

I say no to dealing:
Kelenic
JRod
Marte
Kirby
Gilbert
Emerson

The rest I can handle being dealt for the right pieces. I keep reading rumors about us getting Adam Frazier for 2B. At 29, maybe. Being a pending free agent, nope.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that depends on what you mean by prospects. If you are talking the guys in the MiLB Top 100, I would say no. If you are talking other pieces, then sure but not sure what you get for them that would help.

I say no to dealing:
Kelenic
JRod
Marte
Kirby
Gilbert
Emerson

The rest I can handle being dealt for the right pieces. I keep reading rumors about us getting Adam Frazier for 2B. At 29, maybe. Being a pending free agent, nope.
I like the idea of getting a 2B but IMO we need to see Raleigh up first before they start the flood gates on trades. Trading for Bieber is my wish list. He being the ace with Gilbert, Marco, Hancock and Kikuchi. If Raleigh can show he is MLB caliber then I am all in them throwing Amazon type money at Bryant and lil Seager and resigning big Seager to play 2B. Sorry JP, love ya but you can be the big name with a top prospect to get Bieber or hell deGrom.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of getting a 2B but IMO we need to see Raleigh up first before they start the flood gates on trades. Trading for Bieber is my wish list. He being the ace with Gilbert, Marco, Hancock and Kikuchi. If Raleigh can show he is MLB caliber then I am all in them throwing Amazon type money at Bryant and lil Seager and resigning big Seager to play 2B. Sorry JP, love ya but you can be the big name with a top prospect to get Bieber or hell deGrom.
The only reason I prefer JP over lil Seager is availability. Lil Seager misses too many games for my liking. I wouldn't pass totally on him for that reason, but I would look to use that money in other places like 1B and 2B and yes OF in that order (excluding pitching). I still don't get the whole hesitation thing with Raleigh. He is the one prospect that has had his time in the minors and has shown he is actually ready. I know Dipoto said he doesn't have room for him with Torens and Murphy but ????????????? really. That to me is like saying I wouldn't bring up Hancock because of Sheffield.