• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: MARINERS MINORS 2021

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know all the contract situation with promoting him. That is M's criteria I believe...
Getting him on the 40 man I think is all. Pretty sure he already has that 6th year because he didn’t play pre May 1st. I could be wrong because they keep moving the dates. But IMO it won’t matter after this ugly CBA fight. Service time will become irrelevant. It is going to be crazy because this is going to be the first CBA when the younger players have much more say than the older players in negotiations.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting him on the 40 man I think is all. Pretty sure he already has that 6th year because he didn’t play pre May 1st. I could be wrong because they keep moving the dates. But IMO it won’t matter after this ugly CBA fight. Service time will become irrelevant. It is going to be crazy because this is going to be the first CBA when the younger players have much more say than the older players in negotiations.
I hope you are right because it has been an absolute joke. And it was voted on by players in the league for players not in the league. Nuts.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right because it has been an absolute joke. And it was voted on by players in the league for players not in the league. Nuts.
That is where all the PA’s have had an issue because they have always intentionally suppressed the rookie wages so they get the big piece of revenue but have always had the numbers of vets over younger players. But at least in baseball now, the younger players outnumber the vets. Service time is only being brought up by vets because they want the young guys to think they are fighting for them. The vets want the biggest piece of the pie, but 2020 proved the younger players voted to play for a quarter on the dollar and the vets voted no but were out voted. The MLBPA is teetering right now and it could go either way, and for us fans it sucks

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call Cal Up.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misses as in goes but doesn’t play or just misses everything totally? Just being around the on field talent, let alone the coaching talent, and all of the HOF talent that encompasses the whole futures game. Would really suck if he didn’t even go.

But if I were a pro I would boycott Denver this year anyway.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said on the radio he took himself out. No idea if that is true or not.

But if you the Twitter clip of Julio’s dad surprising him it is a tear jerker

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said on the radio he took himself out. No idea if that is true or not.

But if you the Twitter clip of Julio’s dad surprising him it is a tear jerker
I didn't read that about Kelenic and it would surprise me if he did.

Ya I saw the Julio reunion. That was pretty awesome.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read that about Kelenic and it would surprise me if he did.

Ya I saw the Julio reunion. That was pretty awesome.
It was an interview he did with Puck on KJR. He didn’t bring it up in the interview but after words they discussed how humbled he was with his first experience. The guys talked about how essentially he is ready just it had a red flag of pulling himself out of the game. Again, I haven’t seen that confirmed anywhere and truthfully I could understand him wanting to take himself if he knew he was getting called up but also that he drilled the female coach. His head wasn’t in the game after he hit her.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an interview he did with Puck on KJR. He didn’t bring it up in the interview but after words they discussed how humbled he was with his first experience. The guys talked about how essentially he is ready just it had a red flag of pulling himself out of the game. Again, I haven’t seen that confirmed anywhere and truthfully I could understand him wanting to take himself if he knew he was getting called up but also that he drilled the female coach. His head wasn’t in the game after he hit her.
Ya I looked around and didn't even find a hint of it. Not saying it didn't happen, but just nothing on print.

I think your assumption was more likely.