• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Lineup 4/1/ vs. LAA

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a long time believer in Smoak and Ackley. Always loved Smoak's patience and discipline at the plate and his raw power. He looks more confident at the plate for sure just taking what the pitcher gives him and working counts until he gets the pitches he likes.

Ackley ever since the second half of last year his swing and approach is just different. He doesn't try to pull the ball anymore when they're drilling him on the outside. He may never develop anymore than 10-15 hr power, but he sure does have gap power. Every time e makes contact it just seems like he really drills the ball. Also like that he's utilizing his speed now too.

hope you're right

i've been waiting a long time for these guys to prove me wrong

i don't even care about w/l at this point, just competent play. getting there.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I propose a new nickname: Brad Mother Fucking Miller!

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far so good

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great 2 game to start out the season! I just to point out that there room for optimism but we have to cautious about it. 2 of 162 and the baseball season is a marathon! However, nothing makes me happier than beating a division rival.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see after a productive spring, it's carrying over right now. I'd like to see the Mariners do well this year, but after Felix and Iwakuma, the rest of that rotation is very green. But so far, so good. Lots to be encouraged about right now, but when it comes down to it, the Angels are hurting with their late inning pitch talent. We're exposing it well, but April has a bunch of AL west games. We're going to find out a lot about this team this month.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see after a productive spring, it's carrying over right now. I'd like to see the Mariners do well this year, but after Felix and Iwakuma, the rest of that rotation is very green. But so far, so good. Lots to be encouraged about right now, but when it comes down to it, the Angels are hurting with their late inning pitch talent. We're exposing it well, but April has a bunch of AL west games. We're going to find out a lot about this team this month.

Normally that wouldn't necessarily be a good thing, but with both Oakland and Texas banged up as well, the Mariners have an opportunity to turn it into a good thing for them. I'm looking forward to Paxton's first start of the season later today. It'll be a good early test for him.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our number 3 or 4 pitcher held his own last night and that was great to see, even after Raul's homer, he clamped down and kept getting quick outs. I know Walker and Pax are going to be brilliant one night and horrible the next, but our rotation once it is back to 100% is going to be nasty. Add the newly found offense to the mix and the injuries.

Mariners did exactly what I hoped they would do to the lefty. Go deep in counts and get his pitch count up to get to that horrific bullpen. Imagine what is going to happen tonight if they can do the same thing. That bullpen for the Angels is already worn out.