• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners crucial 'road trip thread' TX - SD - LAA

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On money, yes. But no owner tells the GM/President what players to trade for and Dips record for trading for bats is worse than a Mariners hitter's.

From what I have heard in the past is because it is a tight committee in Seattle media and they don't want to get the cold shoulder from management/ownership. They have to play nice.
Really fucking hungover and can't remember if I responded to this, but if I have already, my apologies in advance lol.

That's definitely valid. I suppose a way of looking at it is that if ownership is going to constrain the GM with payroll, then Dipoto needs to get the organization in a place where he's either able to develop hitters or trade for them. Clearly that has not gone well.

All the news I get about Seattle sports is either the Seattle Times or The Athletic. It's funny because I actually think Larry Stone and Ryan Divish hold the team accountable, but I think that the coverage of the Seahawks is actually much, much, much more biased in favor of the team. What you say does make sense as I don't think I've seen anyone criticize ownership.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really fucking hungover and can't remember if I responded to this, but if I have already, my apologies in advance lol.

That's definitely valid. I suppose a way of looking at it is that if ownership is going to constrain the GM with payroll, then Dipoto needs to get the organization in a place where he's either able to develop hitters or trade for them. Clearly that has not gone well.

All the news I get about Seattle sports is either the Seattle Times or The Athletic. It's funny because I actually think Larry Stone and Ryan Divish hold the team accountable, but I think that the coverage of the Seahawks is actually much, much, much more biased in favor of the team. What you say does make sense as I don't think I've seen anyone criticize ownership.
Well, SOMEone needs to hold the team accountable, because the offices don't give a shit.

They just don't care about winning. Don't let last year fool you.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last part I do have a very, very bad excuse for ownership. If all of the reports were true, they opened up the checkbook quite a bit for White but Gilbert, Kelenic, Lewis and I can’t remember the other one that turned it dow. But this is also whern. So going from league minimum to $4 million a year or whatever the math turns out does say they don’t mind spendinge I was skeptical of the reporting Wong wanted one extra year but ownership wouldn’t give it to them. It doesn’t add up to me that they wouldn’t for Wong but were given the green light for dudes who hadn’t played a big league game yet.
Ownership was willing to fork over money to those guys because they figured if they worked out, they wouldn't have to pay them real money once their cheap contract expires.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, SOMEone needs to hold the team accountable, because the offices don't give a shit.

They just don't care about winning. Don't let last year fool you.
I completely agree with you.

My biggest frustration is that ownership merely sees this as an investment as you or I see buying stock. They want big market returns with a middle market budget.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last three games I've been able to watch in their entirety include this joke, and the last two games of the Rangers series.

These type of losses are just completely unacceptable. Someone needs to be held accountable. These are the type of results you'd expect from one of the worst teams in the league.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.
Woo.
Or.
Hancock..
And an extra..bull pen guy..
Basicly paying.double.

Trade values..puts Garcia .at worth de loach.
So..what ever .
Thing is..
Mariners need that .one guy..Left handed bat

They also.need..2b backup..1b../dh.

So yeah..if I had to..I would over pay..
While.sending..wong..
To hold on..for Darrin baker..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one.sees..dollord any longer..
But he is there..
As is Isaiah Campbell...

Ohhhh.give me..
A Penn murfee.

Yes..... .may I have one.please

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MGMarinerMooseTiringMemes.png

Not even gonna LOOK at the final score; we know we surrendered long ago.

On to the Angels for more of the same...if we don't get into another dust-up with them first.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last three games I've been able to watch in their entirety include this joke, and the last two games of the Rangers series.

These type of losses are just completely unacceptable. Someone needs to be held accountable. These are the type of results you'd expect from one of the worst teams in the league.
Another 4 hit game for our offense

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet management won't do a damn thing about him, that's what gets me.
Our team can just GIVE UP like they did today, and they turn a blind eye to him, more than just because of last season.
Had it been any other team, he'd be out on his ass before he could finish his third season.
But this is his EIGHTH season with us, and they're quite content with him letting us "blue screen" this season away.

I can't support quitters. That's why I want him GONE.
Yeah.that was the issue..with conforto.
Apparently.they..did not want to spend.
The money..

So here is a guy .who.does not cost a lot of money..
And saves.from getting a free agent place holder..
Garcia .of Washington ...
For.the..xxxxx.marks the..spot.in my..

Baseball square.s

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right about those two, but I am comparing there 'heat' about keeping them accountable as luke warm vs the 'heat' east coast media use on their respective teams. I mean blasting owners and GM's with all kinds of attacks in the press vs ours saying they are wrong.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I am a little crazier than most, but this is my kind of baseball. The fire shown is me and this is ex-Mariner Lenny Randle of blowing the ball foul fame.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another 4 hit game for our offense

If this trend continues ... I see some paper bag nights at the ballpark this summer.

remember the Aint's ? ( New Orleans Saints ) Fans too ashamed to show their face at a home game so they wore paper grocery bags over their heads with eye holes cut out in them.*

Never understood the eye cut outs. If they are that bad why would you wanna punish yourself watching the beatdown?

Still funny none the less.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right here right now.it.seems.we are still dealing with..japanees..economics..
Where.i can see.it.till.now..

Any longer..does not seem to make sense.
An opinion.
My best one...for now..

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the FO wants to go cheap then Raid Tampa's coaching staff and scouts and possibly the Mariners could become a consistent 90+ win team

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the FO wants to go cheap then Raid Tampa's coaching staff and scouts and possibly the Mariners could become a consistent 90+ win team
Exactly. Become what Billy Beane was back in the day when moneyball worked in Oakland. Embrace it fully. Great point.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah same as last year..minus haniger.
And Santana .
Plus.
Hernandez..
Keep that going and you won't have a team left..

Ride.it..

geronomo..