• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners 2020 5 Round Draft - June 10,11

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I looked back at articles from yesterday listing the best Day 2 prospects and have yet to see his name on any list. Jim Callis of BA listed him around #70 so this feels like a typical Mariners reach and maybe a guy they can pay under slot for. Odd choice.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MLBTV really likes this guy that M's took with the 64th pick. Ranked him as the best JC pitcher in the country and apparently he turned down 3rd round money last year and went JC to be eligible this year.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick #78

BA had him ranked at 237. He is 5'8" with next to no power. M's scouts march to their own beat. An ex-GM said the pick after Seattle at #79 (Nick Garcia) was a 1st round talent.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like I said earlier, it looks like they are drafting to save money but for what?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the reason why I want to keep all of them. The attrition rate is huge so you need 10 to get 1.

If we need 10 to get 1 player then we as fans have to demand Jerry and the entire scouting department be fired. You know my feelings on Pat Gillick but he left the organization in a dumpster fire because he couldn’t get 1 guy and all he did was sign old veterans (outside Ichiro) who all aged out at the same time. Not saying he needs to have a bunch of all stars but he needs to get at least 2 bonafide all stars and either a top 2 of a staff or a 2-4 starters. I guess I am just different in that I don’t want them to have to rely on a bidding war to make them a playoff team when they can deal from strength to trade for a guy instead of having to do a Chone Figgins type deal.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6'4" 240 left-handed batting 3B.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners seemed to have based everything on the Cape League which is a bit odd but its the M's.

Dollard's profile as a 4 pitch control pitcher who throws strikes w/o a great fastball reminds me of a two time former Mariner drafted from Oregon State Andrew Moore.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I followed the draft, based on some of the analysis I have looked at seemed to be a lot of hit or miss talent drafted by the M's...
1- Hancock looks to be a legit talent, seemed like his stocked dropped a bit based on his 2020 season but not too much. I like the pick I think he makes it and impacts the rotation at some point. I really liked the lefty Lacy he seemed like the most sure thing as far as pitching goes, we will see.

2- OF DeLoach- kinda seems like a gamble of sorts, I guess he changed a few things with his swing and played well since but kinda worries me that his bat was pretty weak early on in college. Doesn't strike me as a huge impact type player but he may be coachable and athletic enough to make tweaks.

2 comp- P Phillips- Seems like has a lot of raw talent and decent upside needs some coaching and experience. Like it for the most part but kinda the same as with DeLoach could've been better talent available at the time of the pick.

3- 2B Polcovich- Seems like a reach and doesn't profile as a starter. Not sold on this one. This pick feels like a career minor leaguer with a cup of coffee here and there.

4- 3B Keenan- Power bat! from what I have read probably a 1 tool player that being power. From what i have seen he will play 1st at major league level but he has a solid arm. I kinda like this pick more than some of the other middle picks but still kinda has a Vogelbach feel to it.

5- P Dollard- I like this pick too from what I have seen he is a "pitcher" not a thrower. Seems like he knows how the to "picth" Could be a solid member of the rotation in the future but for sure not an ACE type guy.

:2cents: Lets be honest this is the Mariners!!!... None of these guys will be stars for the M's, they most likely will be stars when they leave the organization but definitely not with the M's

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I followed the draft, based on some of the analysis I have looked at seemed to be a lot of hit or miss talent drafted by the M's...
1- Hancock looks to be a legit talent, seemed like his stocked dropped a bit based on his 2020 season but not too much. I like the pick I think he makes it and impacts the rotation at some point. I really liked the lefty Lacy he seemed like the most sure thing as far as pitching goes, we will see.

2- OF DeLoach- kinda seems like a gamble of sorts, I guess he changed a few things with his swing and played well since but kinda worries me that his bat was pretty weak early on in college. Doesn't strike me as a huge impact type player but he may be coachable and athletic enough to make tweaks.

2 comp- P Phillips- Seems like has a lot of raw talent and decent upside needs some coaching and experience. Like it for the most part but kinda the same as with DeLoach could've been better talent available at the time of the pick.

3- 2B Polcovich- Seems like a reach and doesn't profile as a starter. Not sold on this one. This pick feels like a career minor leaguer with a cup of coffee here and there.

4- 3B Keenan- Power bat! from what I have read probably a 1 tool player that being power. From what i have seen he will play 1st at major league level but he has a solid arm. I kinda like this pick more than some of the other middle picks but still kinda has a Vogelbach feel to it.

5- P Dollard- I like this pick too from what I have seen he is a "pitcher" not a thrower. Seems like he knows how the to "picth" Could be a solid member of the rotation in the future but for sure not an ACE type guy.

:2cents: Lets be honest this is the Mariners!!!... None of these guys will be stars for the M's, they most likely will be stars when they leave the organization but definitely not with the M's

Well thought out and I agree. All we have to do now is sit back and wait for 4 or 5 years to see...lol.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners seemed to have based everything on the Cape League which is a bit odd but its the M's.

I still remember back in the day when the Cape Cod league and the midnight madness or whatever the hell that tournament was called that Randy and McGwire were sky rocketed up the prospect charts for college players.

But you know my feelings that I would rather strike out on a HS player than a college player and truly am not a fan of college pitchers because of the extra innings they have put on them and at least 3 years of a college staff who isn’t always looking out for the future of his career. I equate college pitchers to college offensive lineman.