• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariner vs Angels Thread

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, 6 wins in a row with a 4-0 lead tonight... Haven't posted much lately... We sold our house of 20 years so we've been packing like crazy while looking for a new home... Crazy busy... With that said, it's been great to see the M's not lie down, while making one final push... This team plays with my emotions like there is no tomorrow...

All in all, GREAT game pitched by T Walker so far tonight through 5 with 7 K's... He's retired all 15 batters he's faced so far... No hitter!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, 6 wins in a row with a 4-0 lead tonight... Haven't posted much lately... We sold our house of 20 years so we've been packing like crazy while looking for a new home... Crazy busy... With that said, it's been great to see the M's not lie down, while making one final push... This team plays with my emotions like there is no tomorrow...

All in all, GREAT game pitched by T Walker so far tonight through 5 with 7 K's... He's retired all 15 batters he's faced so far... No hitter!
well done with the jinx. well done.

giphy.gif

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I jinx?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you jinxed nothing

i felt it was a pretty safe bet that walker wouldn't be throwing a perfecto or no-no, and was being silly with you

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games like tonight are why we get so frustrated with Walker, because we know he's capable of pitching like this. Nice to see it, it's been awhile.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet... Walker with a complete game shut out... Glad we didn't trade him... 7 straight wins...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete domination by Walker tonight. The adjustments to his mechanics seem to have helped quite a bit so far. He just has to stick with it and Stottlemyre has to make sure he sticks with it. Having early success after changes like that can go a long way towards making those changes stick.

The pitching staff, as a whole, has been pretty dominant on this road trip and I'd love to see Kuma continue that trend tomorrow night. If he can do that, the offense can keep rolling like it has been and the teams in front of the M's can do their part by losing tomorrow, it's gonna make for a very interesting, very important homestand starting on Friday night. There had better be some big crowds on this homestand and I'd better not hear "Let's go Blue Jays!" from half the crowd when Toronto comes to town next week.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread makes me laugh

I feel like all of us die hards on the hoop had officially had enough, BUT....we all watched this team out of the corner of our eye to see if what we have is real. If it were me, and at the least in my house, the official playoff push has begun and this team is poised to make a legitimate run for the post season. That being said, our boards have been quiet the last few weeks without a series thread for awhile now. I have looked up this page on a daily basis to see if there was much interest, and of all the quiet nights I knew that it may take us getting through Walkers outing to truly believe in this latest run; rightfully so. It's on fellas, let's get into these motherf@&$!?# playoffs!

GO M's!!!!!

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel like all of us die hards on the hoop had officially had enough, BUT....we all watched this team out of the corner of our eye to see if what we have is real. If it were me, and at the least in my house, the official playoff push has begun and this team is poised to make a legitimate run for the post season. That being said, our boards have been quiet the last few weeks without a series thread for awhile now. I have looked up this page on a daily basis to see if there was much interest, and of all the quiet nights I knew that it may take us getting through Walkers outing to truly believe in this latest run; rightfully so. It's on fellas, let's get into these motherf@&$!?# playoffs!

GO M's!!!!!
Funny how that works, right? We get fed up, don't even bother making a series thread, and that's when they kick into gear?!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GO M's!!!!!

I've been watching, but I am still skeptical. I've been burned by the M's far too many times to go all in. That said, I'd love nothing more than for them to make a push into a wild card spot. But I definitely don't expect them to do it.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching, but I am still skeptical. I've been burned by the M's far too many times to go all in. That said, I'd love nothing more than for them to make a push into a wild card spot. But I definitely don't expect them to do it.

I'm with you, and now we have approached that 10 game over .500 point where everything goes to crap. That being said, hopefully we don't crap ourselves on ESPN tomorrow. It's time to make the playoffs dammit!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GO M's!!!!!
I never "had enough" though don't post here much anymore because truthfully it just hasn't been that enjoyable to talk Mariners baseball in here for quite a while. I'm still watching every game though and definitely enjoying this win streak.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how that works, right? We get fed up, don't even bother making a series thread, and that's when they kick into gear?!
I never "had enough" though don't post here much anymore because truthfully it just hasn't been that enjoyable to talk Mariners baseball in here for quite a while. I'm still watching every game though and definitely enjoying this win streak.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't doubt that we are all still watching the games. Like you said, just not as interested to talk ball especially with the Hawks season off and running. Either way, great win last night and looking forward to the game tonight. Nice to have the fellas in the hunt, opens up interest in the other games. Watched the Baltimore game before the M's yesterday, hopefully they lose today and we can gain a game.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy watching Nick Franklin try to turn two with Brad Miller at first today against the Blue Jays. Jays up one in the 2nd, need some old friends to put runs on the board.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There we go, Tampa takes out Toronto getting us to 2 back heading into tonight. Win tonight and we are 1.5 back!

Looks like Kershaw has a perfecto going against the Yankees through 4 innings, but that game is delayed now. If the delay lasts too long, it could be a battle of the bullpens for the last half of the game.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Kershaw has a perfecto going against the Yankees through 4 innings, but that game is delayed now. If the delay lasts too long, it could be a battle of the bullpens for the last half of the game.

Yeah, its back on now. He gave up a hit, but still looks lights out. Great timing for him to be on the mound.