• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariano Rivera blows (the game) & Paps returns to Fenway

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranaudo is close...so is Almazar...especially based on this years production...

And 12 months ago? WMB was a "top prospect"....durability is a concern, but the bat is very legit (sans start of this year)....

I think Lee's trade value is being a little over-jetered here...he's a 34 year old pitcher that is owed nearly a $100m...if that contract goes to shit due to injury? The phils are fooked...

I'm not saying what Lee's value Should that with his contact.

I'm saying the Phillies wouldn't want to do that unless they got a top prospect. Just because its a fair market trade, doesn't mean the team has the motivation to do it... I don't see that trade getting the Phillies attention IMO..

They have 51 mil coming off the books after this year. I don't see them in a hurry to just dump salery for the sake of dumping salery

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying what Lee's value Should that with his contact.

I'm saying the Phillies wouldn't want to do that unless they got a top prospect. Just because its a fair market trade, doesn't mean the team has the motivation to do it... I don't see that trade getting the Phillies attention IMO..

They have 51 mil coming off the books after this year. I don't see them in a hurry to just dump salery for the sake of dumping salery

They denied the Dodgers offer last year. I completely agree their goal is not to dump salary.

They do have a pretty shallow system though, right?

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I've never heard of them...but because I'm an angry douche they're a pile of shit"

~ Guys that beg interwebz message board moderators to cancel their account because they're a bitch and can't take a joke, only to come back a week later

"Let me pull a potential trade out of my ass that will never happen, so I can continue to overrate the value of my baseball team's prospects on a daily basis."

- An angry armchair GM from Rhode Island who is convinced that Jackie Bradley is the next Barry Bonds

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we dont need cliff lee...we could USE him, but we dont need him.

we need BP arms to make up for the ones we lost...the team was built on a strong and deep BP that could toss 2-3 IP of scoreless relief

that blew up, fast

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a matter of fact Tino Martinez made some similar comments and was booed at Busch. Don't diss the ex fans by glorifying your current ones. Speak of them well but tread lightly, dumbass.

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- An angry armchair GM from Rhode Island who is convinced that Jackie Bradley is the next Barry Bonds

3-31, yet he's the front-runner for AL ROY.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay

So this trade will never happen because both sides wouldn't like it.

-

i didnt bring it up

Sox arent paying lee 100 million or whatever's left, nor are they giving up a ton of prospects for a 34 year old

phillies arent eating a huge portion of his salary without a ton of prospects coming back

Sox probably arent true enough title contenders to warrant going after a Cliff Lee

doesnt make sense for either side, my opinion

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we need BP arms to make up for the ones we lost...the team was built on a strong and deep BP that could toss 2-3 IP of scoreless relief

that blew up, fast

-

they need a bat more than a starter or BP help

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I've heard the Tigers are very interested in Middlebrooks and Bradley. Cabrera and Fister would be fair. I would say Verlander and Cabrera, but that would make me look silly"

- Down Epstien

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by RedSoxWorrld
boston doesnt want cliff lee for a package of prospects

Depends on what we mean by "prospects", are they trading more than one of Bradley, barnes Bogaerts? Absolutely not...but a package built around WMB as the MLB component, and other top prospects outside the top 3? I think they may be interested in that..

It would require a short term fix at 3rd, Cechhini is 1-2 years away...and stands as the closest legit 3rd base prospect behind WMB...

Okay

So this trade will never happen because both sides wouldn't like it.

Well, no shit...this is conversational...trying to gauge where people value Lee at right now....personally with that contract? I think his value isn't all that higher than Matt Garza's might be...because there just aren't going to be a lot of teams interested in taking on that money for that long...

he's a much better pitcher than Garza...but the Red Sox are in a unique position that they can add the payroll, and offer a good package of prospects...

Phills get immediate salary relief, an everyday 3b, and 3 guys that all probably crack their top 10 this year...

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that blew up, fast

Morales to the rescue!

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, no shit...this is conversational...trying to gauge where people value Lee at right now....personally with that contract? I think his value isn't all that higher than Matt Garza's might be...because there just aren't going to be a lot of teams interested in taking on that money for that long...

Right but his contract does not change what the Phillies may demand in return. They are happy with paying Lee as they made obvious last year.

I was definitely wrong about that as I was one that criticized them for keeping him.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the royals were 0-10 in may when their top 2 starters were on the mound

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what we mean by "prospects", are they trading more than one of Bradley, barnes Bogaerts? Absolutely not...but a package built around WMB as the MLB component, and other top prospects outside the top 3? I think they may be interested in that..

It would require a short term fix at 3rd, Cechhini is 1-2 years away...and stands as the closest legit 3rd base prospect behind WMB...

he's a much better pitcher than Garza...but the Red Sox are in a unique position that they can add the payroll, and offer a good package of prospects...

Phills get immediate salary relief, an everyday 3b, and 3 guys that all probably crack their top 10 this year...

If the Phillies Goal was to pump up the farm system. Which does need help. They would probably eat a chunk of his Contract in order to get the good enough prospects to get a deal done.