• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus McNeill decides to retire

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I have to admit, I would've been tempted to go after him if I were a GM who needed a tackle (which the Niners don't). Too bad he had to retire so early, but I always think a guy who's played a few years in the league and retires is extremely smart. That's exactly what I'd do if I played 2 or 3 years in the league. I wouldn't care if I were all-pro'. I'd take the money & run.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neck injuries are really scary, so no one can blame the guy for retiring, especially as players have become increasingly concerned about health & safety. Also, McNeill still has some residual guaranteed money coming to him from his 2010 extension, so he shouldn't do too bad for himself.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have to admit, I would've been tempted to go after him if I were a GM who needed a tackle (which the Niners don't). Too bad he had to retire so early, but I always think a guy who's played a few years in the league and retires is extremely smart. That's exactly what I'd do if I played 2 or 3 years in the league. I wouldn't care if I were all-pro'. I'd take the money & run.

That's why I say the Long Snapper (followed closely by the punter) is the greatest position in all of sports.

-You collect at least a 6 figure salary
-Very little wear and tear on the body
-You might be part of 10 or so plays a week
-Depending on your skills you can play into your late 30's and even 40's

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I say the Long Snapper (followed closely by the punter) is the greatest position in all of sports.

lol hard to argue that. I always thought being a kicker was sweet until the death threats after a shanked kick come in..

and if your Brian Jennings, you can get paid doing endorsement for pools.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back-up QB is a pretty cool job as well. They make 7-figures and only have to worry about splinters in their hand from an old clip-board.