• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JJ Watt to retire!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unpopular opinion:

I don't think J.J should be a shoe in for the HoF. Will he be a Hall of Famer? Yes, he will be. But if J.J Watt is a hall of famer, then Julius Peppers is a guaranteed Hall of Famer too. Pepper's stats are much better than J.J's .If we can all agree on that, then yeah, J.J is a Hall of Famer. But if J.J is and Julius isn't, that's not something I can agree with lol

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unpopular opinion:

I don't think J.J should be a shoe in for the HoF. Will he be a Hall of Famer? Yes, he will be. But if J.J Watt is a hall of famer, then Julius Peppers is a guaranteed Hall of Famer too. Pepper's stats are much better than J.J's .If we can all agree on that, then yeah, J.J is a Hall of Famer. But if J.J is and Julius isn't, that's not something I can agree with lol
Fwiw, I think Peppers is a HOFer too. But moreso based on his longevity and consistency. He's kind of like that guy that was really good year after year after year. Won DROY and was 4th in voting for DPOY twice so maybe not noticed or maybe just wrong place and time or whatever. Never really had that monster season.
Watt's career has really been derailed because of injury but that 4 year run from 2012-15 when he was healthy is one of the best ever by a defensive player. He was on par with Reggie White and L.T. in that regard but then the injuries kept him off the field. When ever he played, he was a force.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge Tomlin guy (but gotta respect his record) - but if this is an actual quote - this is damn funny....

lockdownmemes.jpg

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unpopular opinion:

JJ Watt and Julius Peppers played different positions.

Had Watt been a strictly 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB like Peppers was, he wouldn't be the slam dunk to make the HOF that he is.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, I think Peppers is a HOFer too. But moreso based on his longevity and consistency. He's kind of like that guy that was really good year after year after year. Won DROY and was 4th in voting for DPOY twice so maybe not noticed or maybe just wrong place and time or whatever. Never really had that monster season.
Watt's career has really been derailed because of injury but that 4 year run from 2012-15 when he was healthy is one of the best ever by a defensive player. He was on par with Reggie White and L.T. in that regard but then the injuries kept him off the field. When ever he played, he was a force.
alsao he is comparing typical stats for a rusher. The disruption of what watt does goes beyond just a sacker.
He has 69 pass defenses to go with those 111.5 sacks & 191 tackles for losses. he has had season where he has had more PD's than DBs. Twice finishing with double digit. (one year had 16)
He will definitely be in the HOF early.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alsao he is comparing typical stats for a rusher. The disruption of what watt does goes beyond just a sacker.
He has 69 pass defenses to go with those 111.5 sacks & 191 tackles for losses. he has had season where he has had more PD's than DBs. Twice finishing with double digit. (one year had 16)
He will definitely be in the HOF early.
Yep. 3 defensive player of the year awards says guy was long considered top of the league at his position. That’s what Hall of Fame is.