• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus Mariota to the Titans

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade your first round pick for 2-2nd rounder's, trade your 2-2nd rounder's for 4-3rd rounder's, trade your 4 3rd rounder's for 8-4th rounder's.....

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good article from Kuharsky asking the very same questions I have. I'm going to try to get on the radio with him this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Titans should stay with Mettenberger, trade down and fix a bunch of problems. Mettenburger was one of my top picks in the draft. I think he will be a good QB......

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't be stealing my posts and posting them on other boards with out telling me you sum bech

:whistle:

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Titans do draft Cooper and Mariota falls to #4. I could see a bidding war between the Browns, the Jets and the Eagles in order to trade up. With two 1st round draft picks, a trade with Cleveland would be ideal.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really hope we get out of this pick. There are way too many options at DE in this draft a little lower.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston reminds me of JaMarcus Russell/Vince Young. I think Mariota may go to the Bucs, if they keep the pick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston reminds me of JaMarcus Russell/Vince Young. I think Mariota may go to the Bucs, if they keep the pick.

How is my question? Both of those guys were all about their athleticism being what actually got them to be top picks. Both were known for being very idiotic in football IQ where Winston is now being considered highly intelligent. Heck from what I have read Winston ran the offense from the LOS, played in a pro style offense that was based on timing and going through his options, and rarely ever ran. Very different prospects in my opinion. Only common thing about them would be some off field issues. Beyond that actually on the field they couldn't be more different.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chip Kelly would trade his soul to get Mariota to Philly. I could see him offering his next two first round picks plus Foles. Think Tampa would take that?:noidea:
Umm, hell the fuck NO!

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is my question? Both of those guys were all about their athleticism being what actually got them to be top picks. Both were known for being very idiotic in football IQ where Winston is now being considered highly intelligent. Heck from what I have read Winston ran the offense from the LOS, played in a pro style offense that was based on timing and going through his options, and rarely ever ran. Very different prospects in my opinion. Only common thing about them would be some off field issues. Beyond that actually on the field they couldn't be more different.
There are definitely some differences, but watching them play close games week in / week out this year and watching them get blown the fuck out in the playoff game definitely raises some concerns. Not all his fault, but concerning.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, hell the fuck NO!

Now that Mariota seems to have slipped down the board a bit I think there's s good chance for the Eagles to jump up for him especially if he makes out past the Jets. I could see them offering Foles and a pick or two footer the 10 spot the Rams hold.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee is completely delusional if they draft Mariota 2nd. There's FAR better talent (position compared to position) at the DL/OLB positions... which are just as important IMO. There's definitely talent WORTH the #2 overall in this draft. If Tennessee can trade down, great (that should be the goal of every team IMO) but if they can't, no reason to panic and pull the trigger on Mariota. Take one of the many great DL/OLB prospects and roll from there.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Whisenhunt is saying the Titans will take Marcus Mariota #2 and he'll be the week 1 starter? It's sad to see all of these teams fall for glamorous college "stat boys." They mortgage their future in hopes that these guys will deliver them to the promised land which rarely happens. Mariota is a nice fellow but he is not a franchise QB. He will get drafted high but will be out of the league in 5 years.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone so down on Mariota? He's bigger and more polished that RGIII was. I don't think he'll have the same injury issues. Any big injury history for Mariota? No. I think everyone has seen so many QBs fail of late that they worry, but Mariota isn't one of those. Mariota is basically a more polished Kap. The Titans are laughable at this point and it really doesn't matter, but I feel like Mariota would produce the most hope for the fans. Mettenburger? The selfie QB? Seriously you people believe in him? He's another Ryan Mallet. A talented headcase. If the Titans move forward with him, it will be another laughable season.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone so down on Mariota? He's bigger and more polished that RGIII was. I don't think he'll have the same injury issues. Any big injury history for Mariota? No. I think everyone has seen so many QBs fail of late that they worry, but Mariota isn't one of those. Mariota is basically a more polished Kap. The Titans are laughable at this point and it really doesn't matter, but I feel like Mariota would produce the most hope for the fans. Mettenburger? The selfie QB? Seriously you people believe in him? He's another Ryan Mallet. A talented headcase. If the Titans move forward with him, it will be another laughable season.

It's going to be another laughable season but Mettenberger is the very least of their problems.

If the Titans squander that #2 pick on Mariota because Whisenhunt, Tommy Smith and Ruston Webster know they'll be fired unless a huge risk like Mariota pays off, I'm done. I'll be a Chargers fan next season.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego Super-Chargers
San Diego Super-Chargers

@HammerDown will be naked and jackin it in San Diego....

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego Super-Chargers
San Diego Super-Chargers

@HammerDown will be naked and jackin it in San Diego....

I'm naked and Mrs. Shaver is jackin it now. I'll be long gone by the time you get home though, don't worry.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm naked and Mrs. Shaver is jackin it now. I'll be long gone by the time you get home though, don't worry.

Next time open your eyes....that's not my wife...that's the mexican housekeeper. They pulled the old switch-a-roo on you. Wifey had a pedicure appointment.

Its cool though, Pilar used to be a gardener. She has strong wrists.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whisenhunt is talking up Mariota, Chip Kelly is saying there is no way he would trade a lot of picks....deal must be getting close!