• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread March Madness thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do. #4 in the country, according to kenpom.

When your assist to TO ratio is that poor, it is usually self inflicted, though. Purdue is shooting 46% from the field.

It was a rhetorical question.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack Smith is really important for them and he missed 14 games this season. I think Tech is better than WVU, albeit slightly. It would have been interesting to have seen this tech team at full strength for the year.

TT is a great team and injury has harmed them some this year. But I doubt they are better than WVU. We played 3 times with WVU beating them twice. We won’t count the one in Morgantown because 3 of their starters didn’t play. The first game in Lubbock we held an 11 point lead with like 10 minutes left and our offense went cold. Credit some to them yes but we virtually lead the whole game only to lose by 1. The conference tournament game was a harsh back and forth defensive battle. Both teams had some runs but WVU toughed it out. I think WVU is the better team. But I doubt Texas Tech will leave nova shooters wide open for 3’s all game.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When healthy this Tech team is arguably the best in the country. Hell of a match up with Nova. I think 2 of the best 3 teams remaining.
Seen nearly every game this year. Five of 'em in person. Believe it or not, Tech hasn't really played that well in the tournament. They've played hard, but not well. Guts will only get you so far. They have to play better Sunday or they gone.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is a great team and injury has harmed them some this year. But I doubt they are better than WVU. We played 3 times with WVU beating them twice. We won’t count the one in Morgantown because 3 of their starters didn’t play. The first game in Lubbock we held an 11 point lead with like 10 minutes left and our offense went cold. Credit some to them yes but we virtually lead the whole game only to lose by 1. The conference tournament game was a harsh back and forth defensive battle. Both teams had some runs but WVU toughed it out. I think WVU is the better team. But I doubt Texas Tech will leave nova shooters wide open for 3’s all game.

Yeah, I think it's close. I'd just give Tech a slight edge. When they are completely healthy I think they're a top 5 team. Zach Smith missed a ton of games, while trying to integrate him back into the system at the end of the year and Evans wasn't 100% in during the closing stretch of the season and in the tournament(still don't think he's at 100%, but closer to it than a couple weeks ago).

The game against Nova will be interesting. I think Tech matches up with much better than WVU did.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen nearly every game this year. Five of 'em in person. Believe it or not, Tech hasn't really played that well in the tournament. They've played hard, but not well. Guts will only get you so far. They have to play better Sunday or they gone.

They didn't play good against SFA. Or against UF, but they have been great on defense. They were able to get on the glass against Purdue without Haas so that match up really favored them. I think they can beat Nova. I think the extra week between the Round of 32 and S16 did wonders for them. Now it's house money against Nova.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full disclosure I feel a sleep about 3 minutes into the 2nd half but from what I saw of Purdue and TT was not pretty. Purdue isn't the same without Haas and TT seemed completely out of rhythm.

Loyola is going to shock the world and win it all but the next most likely scenario is a Michigan vs Nova final.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to todays Tourney action.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else rooting for Florida State today?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am! What time is the Carolina game?

It tips off right after you piss on Coach Smith's grave like you said you wanted to do in the past. Keep it classy douggie.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It tips off right after you piss on Coach Smith's grave like you said you wanted to do in the past. Keep it classy douggie.

Hahahaha, You gotta be in it to win it!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha, You gotta be in it to win it!

I have no proof of this but I'm pretty sure Coach Kruzawooookie illegally gave Mervin Begley III 100,000 buck-a-roos to play 1 year in Durham.

tenor.gif

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it's close. I'd just give Tech a slight edge. When they are completely healthy I think they're a top 5 team. Zach Smith missed a ton of games, while trying to integrate him back into the system at the end of the year and Evans wasn't 100% in during the closing stretch of the season and in the tournament(still don't think he's at 100%, but closer to it than a couple weeks ago).

The game against Nova will be interesting. I think Tech matches up with much better than WVU did.

I think WVU was the perfect matchup for Villanova. I honestly think if we played six times, it'd be 3-3.

I also think that in terms of matchups, that WVU press would destroy Duke.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WV's defense let me down.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think WVU was the perfect matchup for Villanova. I honestly think if we played six times, it'd be 3-3.

I also think that in terms of matchups, that WVU press would destroy Duke.

Interesting. I was more so basing it off that Tech will have the athletes to better contain Bridges. And they are a better defensive team than WVU is, and much more disciplined defensively.