• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manti Te'o is a fraud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
The only part about her that was real.

The great part of having a fake girlfriend is you only have to pay pretend child support after you come to your senses and dump her. Also, fake mother in laws are much easier to deal with, if you lose your mind and get married to her.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Even Notre Dame lied about this as well. I'm starting to doubt they actually hired a PI.

"The revelation of the hoax has been far-reaching. A Notre Dame graduate who launched a campaign to raise money for a cancer research group in memory of Te'o's girlfriend says he is "shell-shocked" to learn the woman didn't exist.

Dan Tudesco, a 2006 graduate who now works in public relations in New York, set up an online account at fundraising website indiegogo.com on Jan. 9 to solicit $5,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Inc. The initial pitch said donations would go to the society in memory of Lennay Kekua and in honor of Te'o, "two individuals who have been an inspiration to us through an iconic season."

Tudesco said he and three friends got the fundraising idea after seeing a video that went viral of Te'o holding his head in dismay during the Irish's 42-14 loss to Alabama in the national championship game.

The goal was to turn the loss -- and the player's sudden popularity -- into something positive.

"I think we were all kind of disappointed in the result of the game ... and the Manti story was very inspirational," Tudesco told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Notre Dame took notice of Tudesco's tweets about the fund drive and sent a university videographer to shoot an interview with him. The video was posted on the Notre Dame athletics YouTube channel Tuesday.

Tudesco said he didn't believe Notre Dame was aware of the hoax when it promoted his fundraiser.

"It would surprise me that Notre Dame would want to promote this if they knew something like this was going on," Tudesco said.

However, Notre Dame officials said Wednesday that they became aware of the hoax on Dec. 26, nearly two weeks before the championship game. University spokesman Dennis Brown didn't immediately respond to a request seeking comment Thursday."

Teammate of Manti Te'o says player played up girlfriend angle - ESPN

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ that is some shady shit. But remember, universities are big organizations, so the knucklehead that sent a videographer wasn't necessarily in the loop on the fake girlfriend thing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Even Notre Dame lied about this as well. I'm starting to doubt they actually hired a PI.

"The revelation of the hoax has been far-reaching. A Notre Dame graduate who launched a campaign to raise money for a cancer research group in memory of Te'o's girlfriend says he is "shell-shocked" to learn the woman didn't exist.

Dan Tudesco, a 2006 graduate who now works in public relations in New York, set up an online account at fundraising website indiegogo.com on Jan. 9 to solicit $5,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Inc. The initial pitch said donations would go to the society in memory of Lennay Kekua and in honor of Te'o, "two individuals who have been an inspiration to us through an iconic season."

Tudesco said he and three friends got the fundraising idea after seeing a video that went viral of Te'o holding his head in dismay during the Irish's 42-14 loss to Alabama in the national championship game.

The goal was to turn the loss -- and the player's sudden popularity -- into something positive.

"I think we were all kind of disappointed in the result of the game ... and the Manti story was very inspirational," Tudesco told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Notre Dame took notice of Tudesco's tweets about the fund drive and sent a university videographer to shoot an interview with him. The video was posted on the Notre Dame athletics YouTube channel Tuesday.

Tudesco said he didn't believe Notre Dame was aware of the hoax when it promoted his fundraiser.

"It would surprise me that Notre Dame would want to promote this if they knew something like this was going on," Tudesco said.

However, Notre Dame officials said Wednesday that they became aware of the hoax on Dec. 26, nearly two weeks before the championship game. University spokesman Dennis Brown didn't immediately respond to a request seeking comment Thursday."

Teammate of Manti Te'o says player played up girlfriend angle - ESPN

That's fucked up if they knew about it and still went through all this. Only way is if the people he talked to didn't know about the hoax thing yet. Im sure only a handful of pple at ND knew about the hoax and were keeping it private.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe Te'o or Notre Dame were ever going to make the situation public (like the AD said was going to happen next week). They were both benefitting from the publicity and were hoping it would just slowly fade away. ND was definitely prepared if it did break though as the AD was quick to the presser.
So far there are at least two instances of Te'o talking about his girlfriend 'after' the date he supposedly learned she didn't exist.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tubbs needs to calm the fuck down. God damn, Tubbs.

Oh, and fuck Notre Dame. Fuck Teo. Fuck his family. They're all complicit. Teo, ND, Tui, the families, all of 'em. This was premeditated and damn near perfectly orchestrated. Pretty impressive, actually. But fuck 'em. Scum....all of them.

Notre Dame covers up campus rapes, but plays along with star football player scams....they disgust me.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game vs a career...

a fucking AVG career, a fucking AVG season

gets all the attention because of his fake ass story

Gets clown stomped by Lacy and Yeldon in the championship game

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tubbs needs to calm the fuck down. God damn, Tubbs.

Oh, and fuck Notre Dame. Fuck Teo. Fuck his family. They're all complicit. Teo, ND, Tui, the families, all of 'em. This was premeditated and damn near perfectly orchestrated. Pretty impressive, actually. But fuck 'em. Scum....all of them.

Notre Dame covers up campus rapes, but plays along with star football player scams....they disgust me.

Burn that shit hole to the ground!!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fucked up if they knew about it and still went through all this. Only way is if the people he talked to didn't know about the hoax thing yet. Im sure only a handful of pple at ND knew about the hoax and were keeping it private.

That's possible, but once you post that content to the website, it shoots holes in the AD's story. That content has to be approved to be uploaded.

They were attempting to benefit from this both in publicity and financially. Let's face it, they were never going to own up to this until they got outed. This is WHY they are complicit, because they continued this well after they supposedly knew.

Te'o never once attempted to change the narrative either, after all the "fake" stories they allowed to be written and aired. He clearly made up a story of how they met.......and just let that run unchecked. This is an act of complicity.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick, on December 26th Manti Te'o and his parents informed him that they became aware of the hoax back on December 6th (the day of the awards ceremony).

On December 8th, in a web interview with South Bend tv station WSBT, Manti Te'o stated "I lost both my grandparents and my girlfriend to cancer".

On December 11th, in a newspaper interview with The Daily Press of Newport News, Va. Te'o stated the reason he played a few days after Kekau died and the day she was to be buried is because "She made me promise, when it happened, that I would stay and play"
The interview was conducted Dec 10th.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick, on December 26th Manti Te'o and his parents informed him that they became aware of the hoax back on December 6th (the day of the awards ceremony).

On December 8th, in a web interview with South Bend tv station WSBT, Manti Te'o stated "I lost both my grandparents and my girlfriend to cancer".

On December 11th, in a newspaper interview with The Daily Press of Newport News, Va. Te'o stated the reason he played a few days after Kekau died and the day she was to be buried is because "She made me promise, when it happened, that I would stay and play"
The interview was conducted Dec 10th.

just cant seem to quit lying!!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone mentioned how odd it is that the day of the ceremony is when he "discovered" it was a hoax?

"Oh I can't get any more votes from this? I WAS DUPED"

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had one hundred plus tackles 3 straight seasons, above average. This season he had the most picks by a linebacker in around 6 years and 100+ tackles, above average.

You need to calm down.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone mentioned how odd it is that the day of the ceremony is when he "discovered" it was a hoax?

"Oh I can't get any more votes from this? I WAS DUPED"

If he was in on it why would he bother having a story saying he was hoaxed and going to ND about it months before the story broke? That part doesn't add up to me...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was in on it why would he bother having a story saying he was hoaxed and going to ND about it months before the story broke? That part doesn't add up to me...

Why would he have a story saying he was hoaxed and going to his support system? Maybe because it is better than a story saying that he was in on it and thumbing his nose at part of his support system.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had one hundred plus tackles 3 straight seasons, above average. This season he had the most picks by a linebacker in around 6 years and 100+ tackles, above average.

Is anyone really going to remember this now. :nono: All they will remember is a lieing sack of shit.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he have a story saying he was hoaxed and going to his support system? Maybe because it is better than a story saying that he was in on it and thumbing his nose at part of his support system.

Idk. Everyone knows the more people you tell a secret the less it becomes one. He had to know it would leak out if he went to ND about it...