• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning retiring

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound: If the Rams do this...Oh wow. Worst move in the history of the salary cap era?

Kronke is not interested in fielding a team so much as making money. Can you imagine the draw of a new NFL team in your area that just got one of the greatest QBs in the modern era?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kronke is not interested in fielding a team so much as making money. Can you imagine the draw of a new NFL team in your area that just got one of the greatest QBs in the modern era?

I love Peyton and think he's easily one of the best ever, but right now he's easily the worst QB in this league. If fans of the LA Rams get excited to see him, they're going to be extremely disappointed.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA Rams and Peyton Manning is a fluff story. He'll be retiring after the Super Bowl. Win or lose.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...lol,..who pushed the reff...?,...was he ''thrown-out"...#27/rice..?

Wasn't Rice he was 27, 29 I think was Carey Williams...I must have missed that play though, I don't recall it at all but he should have been ejected and fined extremely for that....No excuse for a blatant hit on a defenseless ref...

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it is true. Alas, I see him going out a loser Sunday.
The guy is busted up so win or lose retiring is the right decision. Going out after a SB is a definite high though. I picked the Pat/Cards in the SB so clearly I was on drugs with that prediction but given that, I'd like to see Manning go out with a win!

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Peyton and think he's easily one of the best ever, but right now he's easily the worst QB in this league. If fans of the LA Rams get excited to see him, they're going to be extremely disappointed.

You can't be serious, worse than Hoyer, Manziel, etc ???? And where is Tanny at while the worst qb in the league is playing in the SB he has never even sniffed ????
He just took down Brady, Gronk and BB and you think he is the worst, wow you must really believe flash in the pan MeCam is actually superman then don't you ?
I'll look you up when PM takes his cape away Sunday....1 word...STAMPEDE !!!!

horses_1280x1024_2965.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be serious, worse than Hoyer, Manziel, etc ???? And where is Tanny at while the worst qb in the league is playing in the SB he has never even sniffed ????
He just took down Brady, Gronk and BB and you think he is the worst, wow you must really believe flash in the pan MeCam is actually superman then don't you ?
I'll look you up when PM takes his cape away Sunday....1 word...STAMPEDE !!!!

View attachment 85598

To me Manning has worked to change his game while he had the 7 weeks off with the injury. I think he has seen how Osweiler has operated with this team that it is more about not turning the ball over and trusting the #1 defense to perform than trying to force the ball in places it just won't make it. That is why we have seen where every single game before the injury he threw and interception and the 2 1/2 games he has played since returning he has 0. I wouldn't call him the worst QB in the league anymore. He is not close to top-10. He is not the guy that is going to go out and throw 4 touchdowns a game but he can be the 250 yards passing 2 touchdown and 0 interception type QB that can go and win this game.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, she acted more like a man than Tomika's pajama party jump....C'mon now,you know he looked like a girl !! :sherm:
...lol,....nobody ever said he was ''John Wayne'' off the field.....like = Aaron(cough)Rodgers..?!

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Manning has worked to change his game while he had the 7 weeks off with the injury. I think he has seen how Osweiler has operated with this team that it is more about not turning the ball over and trusting the #1 defense to perform than trying to force the ball in places it just won't make it. That is why we have seen where every single game before the injury he threw and interception and the 2 1/2 games he has played since returning he has 0. I wouldn't call him the worst QB in the league anymore. He is not close to top-10. He is not the guy that is going to go out and throw 4 touchdowns a game but he can be the 250 yards passing 2 touchdown and 0 interception type QB that can go and win this game.

No he is not as strong as he once was , but he is even smarter and the offense is what limits his TD's in general because that's how Kubes runs his ship...And yes the D is depended on to hold the opponent in that formula....But banged up and limited by play calls, he is still one of the best playing today, and obviously he was good enough to lead the Broncos to the SB which not many believed early on, including me....
But I've always been a fan of PM's except when he played us of course, he did it all with class...

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...lol,....nobody ever said he was ''John Wayne'' off the field.....like = Aaron(cough)Rodgers..?!

I don't know, John Wayne walked kinda funny, a cross between a woman strutting or Rick Flair's victory stroll..:D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he is not as strong as he once was , but he is even smarter and the offense is what limits his TD's in general because that's how Kubes runs his ship...And yes the D is depended on to hold the opponent in that formula....But banged up and limited by play calls, he is still one of the best playing today, and obviously he was good enough to lead the Broncos to the SB which not many believed early on, including me....
But I've always been a fan of PM's except when he played us of course, he did it all with class...

Like I said Manning learned to adjust his game. Same when he came back from the neck injuries. It took him a few live games to do so back in 2012 but he had a 2-year run that no other QB in history has come close to matching. Like you said his arm is nowhere near what it used to be but he can still out think even the best coaches in the league. Honestly if he became an OC I think he would be a top-3 OC the day he stepped into the building just because of his ability to see how a defense functions and know exactly how to attack a team. It is why I am actually hoping the Broncos go to a 3 or 4-wide set in this game and let Manning go do what he does best and read the defense and make the right decisions. It is possibly Manning's last game. I would let him actually go out there and run the show and show why he has been one of the all-time greats one last time.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said Manning learned to adjust his game. Same when he came back from the neck injuries. It took him a few live games to do so back in 2012 but he had a 2-year run that no other QB in history has come close to matching. Like you said his arm is nowhere near what it used to be but he can still out think even the best coaches in the league. Honestly if he became an OC I think he would be a top-3 OC the day he stepped into the building just because of his ability to see how a defense functions and know exactly how to attack a team. It is why I am actually hoping the Broncos go to a 3 or 4-wide set in this game and let Manning go do what he does best and read the defense and make the right decisions. It is possibly Manning's last game. I would let him actually go out there and run the show and show why he has been one of the all-time greats one last time.

Nothing more evident of this when he came into the game and took over for Os and marched the Broncos down the field in order to win the game when it looked like they were completely dead and going to lose.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be a great move, to come out and and jump up on the Panthers and then go back to the game controlled stuff in the second half....Probably would catch them blinking and result in some early scores...
I'd like to see him go out with another ring, he deserves it IMO....
Go Broncos.....Gitty Up !!.............This one's for Peyton !!!!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a great move, to come out and and jump up on the Panthers and then go back to the game controlled stuff in the second half....Probably would catch them blinking and result in some early scores...
I'd like to see him go out with another ring, he deserves it IMO....
Go Broncos.....Gitty Up !!.............This one's for Peyton !!!!!!

I think everybody outside of Denver is saying "This one's for Peyton" while Bronco fans are all saying "This ones for Pat." As much as I have loved having Manning the greatest influence on the Broncos in the last 30 years is that of Pat Bowlen who unfortunately was not able to come to the game as he is fighting Alzheimer's. Might not live long enough to see the team in the Super Bowl again so to me if the Broncos win I can about guarantee that John Elway will say "This one's for Pat."

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There aren't real pro football fans in LA, once it goes south they'll move on to USC, or one of the other pro sports teams.