• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Managing the Cap!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know this because of the many, many articles that you don't read?

I don’t understand the point of this comment. I’ve read plenty of articles calling Howie a cap guru. I posted 6 for Manster one day. What was your point? I didn’t read this one article calling him the 2nd best in the league but I’ve read others. I saw the rankings so what difference does it make if I read this one article or not?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand the point of this comment. I’ve read plenty of articles calling Howie a cap guru. I posted 6 for Manster one day. What was your point? I didn’t read this one article calling him the 2nd best in the league but I’ve read others. I saw the rankings so what difference does it make if I read this one article or not?
Nobody but Eagles fans feel Howie is a cap guru. No matter what lame opinion pieces posted. If he was, Chip would never of happened to the Eagles and the Eagles history would look a lot better. Just saying....

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please give us all the specifics on what exactly, in detail, Howie did that allowed the Eagles to circumvent the cap and have dollars that would have otherwise hit the cap, not hit the cap. Again, please give details and be specific.

I all ready told you. I don’t know how it specifically works because I’m not a lawyer and studied contract law but what I hear on Philly radio is in making some clause where if they make the team they will be cut circumvents any dead cap money they might owe. The other thing I heard is some of the contracts have big money for the potential strike year that could be an uncapped year. Jarntt he’s being doing this for a decade. I can post several article by different writers who all say he knows how to beat the system. This was just another article supporting the fact that many understand he’s great at managing the cap.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody but Eagles fans feel Howie is a cap guru. No matter what lame opinion pieces posted. If he was, Chip would never of happened to the Eagles and the Eagles history would look a lot better. Just saying....

What the hell does a bad hire have to do with Howie managing the cap?
The Eagles long history didn’t have Howie running the cap.
These people writing the articles aren’t
Philly fans.

I can post several articles stating he’s an excellent cap manager including this one... but, somehow, you know better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell does a bad hire have to do with Howie managing the cap?

I can post several articles stating he’s an excellent cap manager including this one... but, somehow, you know better.

Didn't the Eagles give Chip control of player personal? Won't of happened if Howie was all that would it? The articles are just opinion pieces. If he was the guru you claim he is then the team should of had a lot more success...don't you think? Damn they didn't even win their division last season. Yet here you are crowing about greatness.:rolleyes2:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Eagles give Chip control of player personal? Won't of happened if Howie was all that would it? The articles are just opinion pieces. If he was the guru you claim he is then the team should of had a lot more success...don't you think? Damn they didn't even win their division last season. Yet here you are crowing about greatness.:rolleyes2:
In PE1s defense he did finally admit Howie is not a good evaluator of talent. Of course that was after pretty much everyone and their brother pointed it out to him. I think it's cute watching him. Kind of like watching six year olds play ice hockey.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not crowing about their greatness. He isnt even close to the best GM in the league but he does know how to manage the cap. Didn’t they just win a SB against probably the greatest dynasty in the league? Managing the cap is important but a small part overall in building a great team. You’re really not making any sense cause I never crowed about how great they are.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In PE1s defense he did finally admit Howie is not a good evaluator of talent. Of course that was after pretty much everyone and their brother pointed it out to him. I think it's cute watching him. Kind of like watching six year olds play ice hockey.

No one pointed that out to me. It’s pretty obvious he isn’t elite at talent evaluation. People just make up random shit around here.
PE1 Howie is a very good cap manager.
HaroldSeattle You’re sitting here crowing about how great the Eagles are

What?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not crowing about their greatness. He isnt even close to the best GM in the league but he does know how to manage the cap. Didn’t they just win a SB against probably the greatest dynasty in the league? Managing the cap is important but a small part overall in building a great team. You’re really not making any sense cause I never crowed about how great they are.

OK you used excellent cap manager and cap guru. Kind of implied greatness at what he does doesn’t it? I have yet see anything he has done to support this ( regardless of opinion pieces that don’t qualify how this is so ). As far as I can see he kicks cap hits down the road and he lost the player most responsible for their brief success in Nick Fole and now is counting on a injury prone QB who had a brief run of good games before getting hurt and hasn’t shown the same level of play since.
We will see how this season plays out. We will see if Eagles fans continue to pump Howie after this season. I highly doubt it they will. I expect the opposite to happen. Time will tell.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one pointed that out to me. It’s pretty obvious he isn’t elite at talent evaluation. People just make up random shit around here.

What?
Oh we did and you know it.
If I waste my time proving you're a liar will you go away? For good?

Fog

Addmin Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fog

Addmin Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign them to short term contracts and ship them out when their production declines.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK you used excellent cap manager and cap guru. Kind of implied greatness at what he does doesn’t it? I have yet see anything he has done to support this ( regardless of opinion pieces that don’t qualify how this is so ). As far as I can see he kicks cap hits down the road and he lost the player most responsible for their brief success in Nick Fole and now is counting on a injury prone QB who had a brief run of good games before getting hurt and hasn’t shown the same level of play since.
We will see how this season plays out. We will see if Eagles fans continue to pump Howie after this season. I highly doubt it they will. I except the opposite to happen. Time will tell.

It implies greatness in managing the
cap yet has a small impact on the
Eagles being a great team. You haven’t seen anything? You didn’t see a SB win versus a dynasty with a team ravaged by injury?
Eagles fans don’t tout Howie. He’s great at managing the cap. He is only ok and talent evaluation.
A brief run at good games? I saw 12 games of MVP play.
Don’t know why you’re so down on the Eagles. They have a really nice team. They were really close to making another final 4 appearance. Are they the best team in the league? No! But they have very good OLine and DLine play. They have a QB who is really good but has started his career with injury concerns and look like they have the potential to be an excellent Offensive team this year. 2 very good TEs, a good #1 WR, a good slot guy in Agholor and a really nice field stretcher in Desean with a new RB and a rookie RB they are sky high on. Are they the best, again? No.
But they have the makings of an excellent team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I all ready told you. I don’t know how it specifically works because I’m not a lawyer and studied contract law but what I hear on Philly radio is in making some clause where if they make the team they will be cut circumvents any dead cap money they might owe. The other thing I heard is some of the contracts have big money for the potential strike year that could be an uncapped year. Jarntt he’s being doing this for a decade. I can post several article by different writers who all say he knows how to beat the system. This was just another article supporting the fact that many understand he’s great at managing the cap.

So you don't know anything? Consider CBA.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see how this season plays out. We will see if Eagles fans continue to pump Howie after this season. I highly doubt it they will. I except the opposite to happen. Time will tell.

He'll be turning on Howie faster than @Oldschool739 turned on Harbaugh.....

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What?

Then why do you post here that every signing is a great signing and every move he makes is a great move?

Caught in your own BS again.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It implies greatness in managing the
cap yet has a small impact on the
Eagles being a great team. You haven’t seen anything? You didn’t see a SB win versus a dynasty with a team ravaged by injury?
Eagles fans don’t tout Howie. He’s great at managing the cap. He is only ok and talent evaluation.
A brief run at good games? I saw 12 games of MVP play.
Don’t know why you’re so down on the Eagles. They have a really nice team. They were really close to making another final 4 appearance. Are they the best team in the league? No! But they have very good OLine and DLine play. They have a QB who is really good but has started his career with injury concerns and look like they have the potential to be an excellent Offensive team this year. 2 very good TEs, a good #1 WR, a good slot guy in Agholor and a really nice field stretcher in Desean with a new RB and a rookie RB they are sky high on. Are they the best, again? No.
But they have the makings of an excellent team.

If they are so great why does everyone pick them To win about 9 games?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can think of Howie pre-chip as Belichick in Cleveland and you can think of Howie post-chip as Belichick in New England.

Now you know.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles had less good games than Wentz over the last two years. For fuck sake man, you can't even get the simple counting stats correct. How can you possibly have convinced yourself you have a clue?:pound: