• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Managing the Cap!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I all ready told you. I don’t know how it specifically works because I’m not a lawyer and studied contract law but what I hear on Philly radio is in making some clause where if they make the team they will be cut circumvents any dead cap money they might owe. The other thing I heard is some of the contracts have big money for the potential strike year that could be an uncapped year. Jarntt he’s being doing this for a decade. I can post several article by different writers who all say he knows how to beat the system. This was just another article supporting the fact that many understand he’s great at managing the cap.
Articles are written by people that know no more than you or I (and I do know contract Law). They know no more about who are great players or who are great scouts or who are great cap gurus. We all see the same thing and they just regurgitate the same thing they hear from other writers. It's like mock drafts; once one guy rates someone high they all do.

I keep saying it but cap hits are just Math. What you described does not circumvent the cap. The strike year thing is an interesting topic, but the NFL is not going to allow this. They already hit teams with penalties that tried to abuse the "uncapped" year last time. This time they have experience on their side, the precedence of penalties and time to prepare for how to handle it and I'm sure will send specifics to each team beforehand on how they plan to handle it. It just won't happen. There may be some wiggle room but teams won't be allowed to clear huge amounts of cap space. What he may be thinking is with a new CBA the cap will go up and help with those huge salaries he has kicked out into outer years.

Here is what Howie has been great at and probably the best in the league IMO. Trading/getting rid of players. The value he has gotten back for players has been great. He gets rid of them when it benefits the team and while they still have value instead of waiting too long and he passes those contracts on to other teams. He understands that loyalty and continuity isn't that important (or at least not as important as talent) and that structuring a roster is a business. He moves a Bennett and then brings in Malik Jackson because he thinks it's better for his team and gets a pick as well. It has been amazing how much value he as received for certain players and unloading some of these contracts has been good for the cap as well. How the Fuck did he con an NFL team to give him a 2nd round pick for Sam Bradford I'll never understand. But here is the rub. Contrary to what you said they have not been doing this for years. Their contracts were never as backloaded as they are now. Maybe some, but not every single contract like now. Guys like Jackson, Jackson and Graham will be untradeable because of the way they structured their contracts. The cap hit will come due immediately upon trading (or over 2 years if post 6/1). If these guys are good players and still have value he will simply spread the 2021 huge cap hits over the next few years by restructuring exactly how Dallas did. BUT, this just creates a bigger and bigger mountain down the road. Eventually it becomes unsustainable. It's smart with a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, but not for a team with a Carson Wentz or Pat Mahomes that is looking to be set up as a contender for 10 years, not 3.:2cents:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why do you post here that every signing is a great signing and every move he makes is a great move?

Caught in your own BS again.

I don’t. I don’t understand why you have to consistently make shit up. I haven’t spoken on one of the signings on here. There were a couple I didn’t understand why. But why do you have to make up shit I never said. Never once did I say the Eagles are great. I even said for a long while that Howies a mediocre talent evaluator.
Why do you lie trying to prove something

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are so great why does everyone pick them To win about 9 games?

I didn’t say they are great. I said they have potential to have a really good offense. Why do you think these same experts are picking Philly to win more than Dallas?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say they are great. I said they have potential to have a really good offense. Why do you think these same experts are picking Philly to win more than Dallas?

A phenomenal QB
A bunch of great free agent signings
A cap guru in the front office

9 wins?

You need a reality check

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t see Dallas fans constantly over touting their team. I see you and other eagles fans doing it constantly.

THAT’S the point.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Articles are written by people that know no more than you or I (and I do know contract Law). They know no more about who are great players or who are great scouts or who are great cap gurus. We all see the same thing and they just regurgitate the same thing they hear from other writers. It's like mock drafts; once one guy rates someone high they all do.

I keep saying it but cap hits are just Math. What you described does not circumvent the cap. The strike year thing is an interesting topic, but the NFL is not going to allow this. They already hit teams with penalties that tried to abuse the "uncapped" year last time. This time they have experience on their side, the precedence of penalties and time to prepare for how to handle it and I'm sure will send specifics to each team beforehand on how they plan to handle it. It just won't happen. There may be some wiggle room but teams won't be allowed to clear huge amounts of cap space. What he may be thinking is with a new CBA the cap will go up and help with those huge salaries he has kicked out into outer years.

Here is what Howie has been great at and probably the best in the league IMO. Trading/getting rid of players. The value he has gotten back for players has been great. He gets rid of them when it benefits the team and while they still have value instead of waiting too long and he passes those contracts on to other teams. He understands that loyalty and continuity isn't that important (or at least not as important as talent) and that structuring a roster is a business. He moves a Bennett and then brings in Malik Jackson because he thinks it's better for his team and gets a pick as well. It has been amazing how much value he as received for certain players and unloading some of these contracts has been good for the cap as well. How the Fuck did he con an NFL team to give him a 2nd round pick for Sam Bradford I'll never understand. But here is the rub. Contrary to what you said they have not been doing this for years. Their contracts were never as backloaded as they are now. Maybe some, but not every single contract like now. Guys like Jackson, Jackson and Graham will be untradeable because of the way they structured their contracts. The cap hit will come due immediately upon trading (or over 2 years if post 6/1). If these guys are good players and still have value he will simply spread the 2021 huge cap hits over the next few years by restructuring exactly how Dallas did. BUT, this just creates a bigger and bigger mountain down the road. Eventually it becomes unsustainable. It's smart with a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, but not for a team with a Carson Wentz or Pat Mahomes that is looking to be set up as a contender for 10 years, not 3.:2cents:

Cool. Nice post. I don’t know contract law like you but one thing we both know is rookies sign 4 year deals. Thanks for backing me on that.

I happen to think not All writers are hacks and know nothing more than you and I. I don’t know why so many people are calling him great but you know more. I think we should just agree to wait 2 or 3 more years and see if Howie is a good cap guy or if you’re wrong.

Just to remind you... Howie didn’t get a 2nd for Sam Bradford, he got a 1st and it was pick 15 (aprox).

Oh... I wanted to do an avatar bet with you on Deseans numbers. Let me think of some numbers

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see Dallas fans constantly over touting their team. I see you and other eagles fans doing it constantly.

THAT’S the point.

We don’t constantly tout our team. We just defend the NEVER ENDING POSTS on how they suck from you and NWPatsfan. See the difference. And I will apologize for all of us being excited we won a SB. Next time we won’t say anything. So sorry

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don’t constantly tout our team. We just defend the NEVER ENDING POSTS on how they suck from you and NWPatsfan. See the difference. And I will apologize for all of us being excited we won a SB. Next time we won’t say anything. So sorry
It's truly amazing how clouded your perspective of your and other Eagle fans opinions are.
Keep derping it fits your persona perfectly.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A phenomenal QB
A bunch of great free agent signings
A cap guru in the front office

9 wins?

You need a reality check

Why did you leave out the fact that all Eagles fans know we have a secondary littered with poor CBs. How about having almost NOTHING at LBer. How about the HUGE hole at LG and our good RG tearing his Achilles. How about a 37 year old LT who is always hurt. How about the cap concerns when we give Wentz over 100,000,000 and that he gets hurt
every year . There is a lot of issues but they are still a good team.

Happy

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's truly amazing how clouded your perspective of your and other Eagle fans opinions are.
Keep derping it fits your persona perfectly.

My perspective is clouded because I said you constantly rip the Eagles.
OK dude.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are so great why does everyone pick them To win about 9 games?

It’s 9.5 putting them in the top 5.
So you’re criticizing a team that Vegas labels the 5th best team in the league. Gotcha!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did you leave out the fact that all Eagles fans know we have a secondary littered with poor CBs. How about having almost NOTHING at LBer. How about the HUGE hole at LG and our good RG tearing his Achilles. How about a 37 year old LT who is always hurt. How about the cap concerns when we give Wentz over 100,000,000 and that he gets hurt
every year . There is a lot of issues but they are still a good team.

Happy

Your pity parties are so cute?
Why is when you post an article it's fact? Yet when others continually post articles about your team you disregard them?
Here is just one more on your OL. How many times must we post these before you believe the Eagles have had a top 5 OL consistently?

2018 NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 teams' units after Week 17 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My perspective is clouded because I said you constantly rip the Eagles.
OK dude.
Haha this is great. You're doing it again.

Your perspective is clouded because you're a moron. Saying things like you don't tout your team. How great your cap guru is. How you have a phenomonal AMVP QB. How when your arguement warrants it you have a phenomonal Oline...

You've got be trying to punk people. No way you're this dumb?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s 9.5 putting them in the top 5.
So you’re criticizing a team that Vegas labels the 5th best team in the league. Gotcha!

Hahaha

Just above .500 and they’re a great team! Haha.

Keep spinning it’s fantastic

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be turning on Howie faster than @Oldschool739 turned on Harbaugh.....

I have been on the fire Harboob since the aftermath of SB47, when I clearly recognized that we won because of Ray Lewis, Joe Flacco and Ray Rice......Harbs is a knucklehead, plain and simple and I think this year will show the owner just how stupid his decisions really are....

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha this is great. You're doing it again.

Your perspective is clouded because you're a moron. Saying things like you don't tout your team. How great your cap guru is. How you have a phenomonal AMVP QB. How when your arguement warrants it you have a phenomonal Oline...

You've got be trying to punk people. No way you're this dumb?

You do understand that we can have some really good parts of our team and some week parts too. Why is it that if I say Howie is a great cap manager you take that as me saying the Eagles are incredible from top to bottom?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha

Just above .500 and they’re a great team! Haha.

Keep spinning it’s fantastic

That’s stupid dude. They list them as a top 5 team in predicted wins and you rip them. Dumbass

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your pity parties are so cute?
Why is when you post an article it's fact? Yet when others continually post articles about your team you disregard them?
Here is just one more on your OL. How many times must we post these before you believe the Eagles have had a top 5 OL consistently?

2018 NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 teams' units after Week 17 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

So if I say our QB is really good it’s me being a blind homer. Then I list our weaknesses and it’s a pity party.

Jesus

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t. I don’t understand why you have to consistently make shit up. I haven’t spoken on one of the signings on here. There were a couple I didn’t understand why. But why do you have to make up shit I never said. Never once did I say the Eagles are great. I even said for a long while that Howies a mediocre talent evaluator.
Why do you lie trying to prove something

Innocent! Innocent I say!!!!!!