• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Man do I feel bad for the Packers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a article about there only being a 5% difference in coaching staffs across the NFL. I did not write it Cali. I do believe talent is more important then coaching, but both are very important.

Agreed here.......

I wanna see these coaches take a team like OAK,Cle,TB and a few others and turn them into straight winners.
I don`t wanna see these coaches inherit these guys and become great sensations.
Phil Jackson is the first to come to mind.(yeah I know its basketball and a different story,but he did not win those Championships from his coaching.or Tex winter with that triangle offense.)

I actually think that the GM or who ever is responsible from team to team to be able to draft the players with the talent to be able to win.
And what positins need to be filled before other positions to become a successful team.
Cutler has been thru how hamnay coaches now and still blunders.......I absolutely positively think there is no coach around to be to erectify him.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Agreed here.......

I wanna see these coaches take a team like OAK,Cle,TB and a few others and turn them into straight winners.
I don`t wanna see these coaches inherit these guys and become great sensations.
Phil Jackson is the first to come to mind.(yeah I know its basketball and a different story,but he did not win those Championships from his coaching.or Tex winter with that triangle offense.)

Yeah I hate basketball now, so really it is not worth the argument to me, but I know enough that I do not agree with you that Jackson and Winter had nothing to do with the success of those teams. Increasing the scoring percentage in an era of increasing NBA defense was not an accident. Anyway it is basketball in reality I don't care any more, so think whatever you like. The whole NBA nauseates me so let's please leave it out of this thread any further.

In football, there's never going to be such a thing as a new coach that doesn't inherit at least some players, with 53 man rosters and tons of long term contracts you simply will not find a perfect laboratory, but there are many examples of coaches turning teams around. Probably the best two recent examples are Harbaugh and Carroll, but there are others you could throw in that ring as well.