• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malik Jackson To Jacksonville

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks @cdumler7
Wouldn't mind Anderson on the Patriots!

If that happened I might just cry a little. Like I said he is actually a pretty good RB. When he is healthy I would put him top-7 in the league. He has 2 major problems though. He has trouble staying in shape during the off season which is why he seems to show up for the 2nd half of the season more so than the 1st and because of being out of shape he does get hurt a lot.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that happened I might just cry a little. Like I said he is actually a pretty good RB. When he is healthy I would put him top-7 in the league. He has 2 major problems though. He has trouble staying in shape during the off season which is why he seems to show up for the 2nd half of the season more so than the 1st and because of being out of shape he does get hurt a lot.

yeah that is probably why the patriots will stay away from him. Though to me it seems like it's "when I want to play" type attitude he has. Not as bad as Randy Moss but to me he is similar in that regard

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that is probably why the patriots will stay away from him. Though to me it seems like it's "when I want to play" type attitude he has. Not as bad as Randy Moss but to me he is similar in that regard

Yeah I could get behind that. I think after having a Pro Bowl year 2 seasons ago he just thought the starting job would be handed to him this past year and he lost it part way through the season to a change of pace back in Hillman. He didn't get it back until the Super Bowl. I also know he is upset with the Broncos about the Tender they put on him as he thought he deserved a bit more. The Broncos will definitely be on the look out for a starter caliber RB to pair with Anderson knowing they might only get 8 really good games out of him this next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Broncos use a top-3 round pick on a RB this year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I could get behind that. I think after having a Pro Bowl year 2 seasons ago he just thought the starting job would be handed to him this past year and he lost it part way through the season to a change of pace back in Hillman. He didn't get it back until the Super Bowl. I also know he is upset with the Broncos about the Tender they put on him as he thought he deserved a bit more. The Broncos will definitely be on the look out for a starter caliber RB to pair with Anderson knowing they might only get 8 really good games out of him this next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Broncos use a top-3 round pick on a RB this year.

yeah, it's definitely a league where, "hey, 2-3 years ago I was awesome for you, pay me and I won't do anything"

Would the Broncos kick that tires with Foster?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, it's definitely a league where, "hey, 2-3 years ago I was awesome for you, pay me and I won't do anything"

Would the Broncos kick that tires with Foster?

I've heard rumblings that they might do that. My guess though is they will go to the draft more so than FA for the RB position. Kubiak's theme through his entire coaching career is that the running game is more about getting a good OL than that of a RB. It is why the first signing of FA for the Broncos is an actual OL player and they are being linked to a few others. Kubiak wants to get that going first. We have seen in the past that with Kubiak's scheme a no name RB can step in and still find success. They don't need some great athlete but it is more about finding a RB with great vision than great talent to see where the holes will open up. That is why Terrell Davis was so successful. He wasn't overly strong or overly fast compared to his piers but he had incredible vision to see a hole that no one else could.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard rumblings that they might do that. My guess though is they will go to the draft more so than FA for the RB position. Kubiak's theme through his entire coaching career is that the running game is more about getting a good OL than that of a RB. It is why the first signing of FA for the Broncos is an actual OL player and they are being linked to a few others. Kubiak wants to get that going first. We have seen in the past that with Kubiak's scheme a no name RB can step in and still find success. They don't need some great athlete but it is more about finding a RB with great vision than great talent to see where the holes will open up. That is why Terrell Davis was so successful. He wasn't overly strong or overly fast compared to his piers but he had incredible vision to see a hole that no one else could.

are you a coach? You sound like you could be! and I'm not trying to be a smart a........ or anything

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you a coach? You sound like you could be! and I'm not trying to be a smart a........ or anything

I've done some football coaching in the past. Right now I am actually coaching golf and soccer though. Lot less stress than coaching football. Plus with coaching golf I get a free membership at the course we practice at so not a bad trade off.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also appreciate the compliment.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done some football coaching in the past. Right now I am actually coaching golf and soccer though. Lot less stress than coaching football. Plus with coaching golf I get a free membership at the course we practice at so not a bad trade off.

You lucky SOB!

Ok - Any pointers on Par 5s? They always F me up! Either shank the drive OB or my 2nd shot

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lucky SOB!

Ok - Any pointers on Par 5s? They always F me up! Either shank the drive OB or my 2nd shot

Well depends on distance and style of course. The course I play at the Par 5's are wide open but really long so pretty much do the whole grip and rip it style at our home course. I have others though that say they are only 450 yards long that I stick with a 3-wood off the tee and just know it will take 3 shots most times but I will be right down the middle most of the time and set up with a very short wedge shot into the green.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well depends on distance and style of course. The course I play at the Par 5's are wide open but really long so pretty much do the whole grip and rip it style at our home course. I have others though that say they are only 450 yards long that I stick with a 3-wood off the tee and just know it will take 3 shots most times but I will be right down the middle most of the time and set up with a very short wedge shot into the green.

I play at a variety of courses, some wide open, others not... Some have 500 yard par 5s, other 345-450ish...

I think most of my "badness" is because I am playing with my brother in law and want to beat him and it gets in my head so bad I screw up. I will never ever beat him but yet when I get on that tee box my brain freezes or just creeps into my head saying, "smash it, you can it"

I know for the most part (though my brain doesn't do it when I'm on the course) that it will take me 3 shots to get on the green but I always drive OB... It's frustrating beyond all belief.

Now i really shouldn't get done on my self because I play maybe 4 times a year so it's only natural that it happens but it is so frustrating to have your playing partners IN bounds and possibly at least able to get a Par

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play at a variety of courses, some wide open, others not... Some have 500 yard par 5s, other 345-450ish...

I think most of my "badness" is because I am playing with my brother in law and want to beat him and it gets in my head so bad I screw up. I will never ever beat him but yet when I get on that tee box my brain freezes or just creeps into my head saying, "smash it, you can it"

I know for the most part (though my brain doesn't do it when I'm on the course) that it will take me 3 shots to get on the green but I always drive OB... It's frustrating beyond all belief.

Now i really shouldn't get done on my self because I play maybe 4 times a year so it's only natural that it happens but it is so frustrating to have your playing partners IN bounds and possibly at least able to get a Par

Oh understand. I'm not the longest hitter in the world but I was always the guy who hit it straight down the middle when I was playing in high school and college. My worst pairing though was always with a guy that could crush it over 300 yards. I hated the thought that I might be 50 yards behind their drive every time. So I would always swing just a bit harder than I ever should and next thing you know I'm lucky if I can find my ball. I started getting where I just turned my back when they were teeing off so I had no clue how far they went. Seemed to help a little. I would also try to take a couple of almost slow motion swings before I teed off just to remind myself to play within my ability.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh my practice swings are perfect, just not the real thing!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh my practice swings are perfect, just not the real thing!

Like I said really slow it down. Almost like you are in slow motion. So then we swing faster on your real swing it feels like you are swinging for the fences but is probably closer to your regular club swing. Just a little mind game at least that works for me.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said really slow it down. Almost like you are in slow motion. So then we swing faster on your real swing it feels like you are swinging for the fences but is probably closer to your regular club swing. Just a little mind game at least that works for me.

haha, easier said than done. I hate when right before I am going to swing someone says that too me, I always F u!

Welp... Texans landed Os.. Good luck Cdumler7!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, easier said than done. I hate when right before I am going to swing someone says that too me, I always F u!

Welp... Texans landed Os.. Good luck Cdumler7!

$18 million a year for a guy with 7 career starts...wow! Has the world lots its mind!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$18 million a year for a guy with 7 career starts...wow! Has the world lots its mind!

wait, that's how much he got. :loco2::surprised: (where's the mouth dropping one?)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait, that's how much he got. :loco2::surprised: (where's the mouth dropping one?)

Well if you average out the 4-year/$72 million. Obviously probably doesn't see all the money of that deal but the average is still outrageous as half the contract is at least guaranteed.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you average out the 4-year/$72 million. Obviously probably doesn't see all the money of that deal but the average is still outrageous as half the contract is at least guaranteed.

Still, even if he doesn't get all of it that's a ridiculous amount of money!