• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malik Jackson To Jacksonville

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Malik. He got a ring, might as well get paid while he can.

And the cherry picking begins....Fox is set to steal another LB from them too...That's the trouble with having an outstanding yr, other teams start luring away key players and coaches.
This is the first time in 4 yrs that we've had the same OC.....And the Raiders just way overpaid for Osemele....
He's never made a pro bowl, and only played 1 full 16 game season but for some unknown reason they thought he was worth 60+ mil with huge GM and now the highest paid OL in the league....
I have failed to see the special in him at all since he's been here, but the Raiders are making it rain on KO...
Go figure !!! :noidea:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Best player available"?!?

Jackson is a nice young player but c'mon!

His career is going to look a lot different when he isn't lining up with Ware and Miller.

not to mention... Do the Jags have any money left for anyone else?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well then... did not know that

Yeah the crazy thing for Jacksonville and Oakland is they are being forced to spend their money so they can break the market honestly. I mean Oakland just paid a guy that has played mostly guard in his career LT money. The top guard money wise is making $8 million a year and the Raiders bumped that to $11 million. Now my guess is they plan on starting him at LT where that isn't quite as crazy but still huge bump for a guy that has been a guard most of his career.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the crazy thing for Jacksonville and Oakland is they are being forced to spend their money so they can break the market honestly. I mean Oakland just paid a guy that has played mostly guard in his career LT money. The top guard money wise is making $8 million a year and the Raiders bumped that to $11 million. Now my guess is they plan on starting him at LT where that isn't quite as crazy but still huge bump for a guy that has been a guard most of his career.

well to be fair this is the Raiders we are talking about. Not the smartest organization around... Same with the Jaguars.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to be fair this is the Raiders we are talking about. Not the smartest organization around... Same with the Jaguars.

Honestly so far I don't think they have been terrible in their decisions. Most of the deals or at least the rumors behind these guys they are signing is that the deals are very front loaded. Both of these franchises need to spend big for THIS year so front loading the contracts means they have very cap friendly hits for good to great players moving forward beyond this year. Honestly I think both of those teams are going to find it hard to spend enough money.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly so far I don't think they have been terrible in their decisions. Most of the deals or at least the rumors behind these guys they are signing is that the deals are very front loaded. Both of these franchises need to spend big for THIS year so front loading the contracts means they have very cap friendly hits for good to great players moving forward beyond this year. Honestly I think both of those teams are going to find it hard to spend enough money.

Maybe in these two cases they are doing ok (perhaps smartening up) but over the tenure they certainly haven't been

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in these two cases they are doing ok (perhaps smartening up) but over the tenure they certainly haven't been

Oh I would agree with that. Heck Jacksonville this is the 3rd straight year they have paid huge money for a Bronco player. The other two in Julius Thomas and Zane Beadles have not worked out well. Heck they just cut Beadles. Malik though is a little different animal that I think they will really like. He won't be quite as dominant in Jacksonville as he was in Denver without all the talent around him but he will still be a force.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I would agree with that. Heck Jacksonville this is the 3rd straight year they have paid huge money for a Bronco player. The other two in Julius Thomas and Zane Beadles have not worked out well. Heck they just cut Beadles. Malik though is a little different animal that I think they will really like. He won't be quite as dominant in Jacksonville as he was in Denver without all the talent around him but he will still be a force.

to be fair to those players... Not like they had much help. But it is funny how they did take Broncos "cast offs" (Not saying they aren't good players, just not "good enough" for Denver)

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah the Raiders are evidently going to put Osemele at LT in place of Penn. Hell of a risk.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Raiders are evidently going to put Osemele at LT in place of Penn. Hell of a risk.

Penn actually tweeted that he is still planning on playing for the Raiders. So not sure what all is going on. If he goes back to the Raiders somebody is really playing out of position as Osemele played LG/LT for the Ravens and well if Penn is back then I can't see him anywhere but LT and Gabe Jackson has been great at LG. So either Jackson or Osemele would have to make the switch to the other side.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair to those players... Not like they had much help. But it is funny how they did take Broncos "cast offs" (Not saying they aren't good players, just not "good enough" for Denver)

This is why every year I try to remind Bronco fans and other fans really don't overpanic Free Agency. Bronco fans knew some players would leave. Happens every year and I always love that the talking heads keep saying "Oh losing this player will spell doom for the Broncos." Well this off season alone Knighton, Rahim Moore, Beadles, and others that the Broncos let walk that so many analyst thought would be the end of us got cut by their team or let walk. The best teams in the league are a sum of all their parts. They have some individual talented players of course but it is more about the entire team working together in unison than about one player just flat out dominating. The players that can do that are the ones they don't let walk out the door.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why every year I try to remind Bronco fans and other fans really don't overpanic Free Agency. Bronco fans knew some players would leave. Happens every year and I always love that the talking heads keep saying "Oh losing this player will spell doom for the Broncos." Well this off season alone Knighton, Rahim Moore, Beadles, and others that the Broncos let walk that so many analyst thought would be the end of us got cut by their team or let walk. The best teams in the league are a sum of all their parts. They have some individual talented players of course but it is more about the entire team working together in unison than about one player just flat out dominating. The players that can do that are the ones they don't let walk out the door.

not to mention this usually happens after a team wins it all as well. It's just the way sports go

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to mention this usually happens after a team wins it all as well. It's just the way sports go

Yup teams will overpay for a player that just won the Super Bowl. I could understand if this was basketball where one individual player really can make a major impact even as a complementary piece but in the NFL when you have 25 starters you have to keep in mind that you only want to focus on what that one player did not the entire team.

I will say I do think this next year will be a bit of a retooling year for the Broncos. I expect them to be competitive but probably not win the Super Bowl. Obviously repeating is no easy task. There will also be a lot of new moving pieces on this team so it will take a bit to get them all on the same page.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup teams will overpay for a player that just won the Super Bowl. I could understand if this was basketball where one individual player really can make a major impact even as a complementary piece but in the NFL when you have 25 starters you have to keep in mind that you only want to focus on what that one player did not the entire team.

I will say I do think this next year will be a bit of a retooling year for the Broncos. I expect them to be competitive but probably not win the Super Bowl. Obviously repeating is no easy task. There will also be a lot of new moving pieces on this team so it will take a bit to get them all on the same page.

Yeah, you win a Super Bowl and you automatically get a major pay increase when it comes to sports, regardless of whether or not you were instrumental in the team winning the big game.

in all honestly besides Manning who did they really lose? I think they will be fine...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you win a Super Bowl and you automatically get a major pay increase when it comes to sports, regardless of whether or not you were instrumental in the team winning the big game.

in all honestly besides Manning who did they really lose? I think they will be fine...

Malik is the one guy I am sad to see go. He wasn't worth what Jacksonville is paying him obviously as he is more of a complimentary piece to us but I will say that what the DL guys did is what made life much easier for Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware. I do think they can find a decent player to replace what Malik did though and still be a very good defense this next year. 9 of the 11 starters are for sure returning so should still be good to go on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively we were terrible this last year whether Manning or Osweiler were in. Bottom 10 offense with either of them. So really to me any offensive pieces leaving I don't think will be huge losses. Broncos are working hard from what I can tell to completely retool the OL. Possibly 4 new starters this year, TE position will have a new Starter, and honestly might have a completely different RB group. QB obviously just have to wait and see.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik is the one guy I am sad to see go. He wasn't worth what Jacksonville is paying him obviously as he is more of a complimentary piece to us but I will say that what the DL guys did is what made life much easier for Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware. I do think they can find a decent player to replace what Malik did though and still be a very good defense this next year. 9 of the 11 starters are for sure returning so should still be good to go on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively we were terrible this last year whether Manning or Osweiler were in. Bottom 10 offense with either of them. So really to me any offensive pieces leaving I don't think will be huge losses. Broncos are working hard from what I can tell to completely retool the OL. Possibly 4 new starters this year, TE position will have a new Starter, and honestly might have a completely different RB group. QB obviously just have to wait and see.

What's Hillman's and Anderson's contract? I'm sure Elway and company will figure something out

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Hillman's and Anderson's contract? I'm sure Elway and company will figure something out

Hillman is a FA and gone in my opinion. He was too hot and cold as a runner and really struggled at times to pick up the ZBS. He just didn't have the patience to wait for the backside hole to open up and tried to get to the outside too often many times being tackled for negative yards.

Anderson is a RFA that the Broncos tendered with a low round tender. There is talk that quite a few teams are going to be interested in going after him. If not then the Broncos I think get him for a 1-year/$1.6 million contract. They also have the right to match any offer than another team makes for him so just have to see how that all plays out. So like I said if some team makes an offer too big for the Broncos then the Broncos will be looking at a completely new backfield. I'm hoping they keep Anderson as he really came around the 2nd half of the season when he finally got healthy.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks @cdumler7
Wouldn't mind Anderson on the Patriots!