• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malik Jackson piece

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an article that discusses how Jackson seems to be developing as a valuable interior pass rusher:

Malik Jackson quietly keying Denver Broncos defense | The MMQB with Peter King

Excerpt:
" had his best game Sunday against the Eagles with four hurries, a drawn hold and a sack assist. His 3.3 points—without a sack—earned him The MMQB’s Unsung Interior Rusher Award for Week 4."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ProFootballFocus had an article on how Chris Clark is becoming a "Secret Superstar" as he over the last couple of games has graded out as one of the best LT's in the game. Now it is only 2 games but good to see this guy stepping up in the place of an All-Pro.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ProFootballFocus had an article on how Chris Clark is becoming a "Secret Superstar" as he over the last couple of games has graded out as one of the best LT's in the game. Now it is only 2 games but good to see this guy stepping up in the place of an All-Pro.

Awesome. It's always great for guys you're not expecting to have to count on heavily to play really well when their numbers are called.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. It's always great for guys you're not expecting to have to count on heavily to play really well when their numbers are called.

Not trying to get too far ahead of myself, but this is also a very good thing as he could be a huge trade chip once Clady is fully recovered and back playing.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to get too far ahead of myself, but this is also a very good thing as he could be a huge trade chip once Clady is fully recovered and back playing.

I guess that's a possibility if Clark continues to play well. But if he does fill in and the offense does not skip a beat, is it Clark or Clady who becomes a potential trade chip?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's a possibility if Clark continues to play well. But if he does fill in and the offense does not skip a beat, is it Clark or Clady who becomes a potential trade chip?

With Clady's new contract and guaranteed money and one of the higher paid LT in the game, Clark has more trade value.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another "color me surprised" and hindsight being 20/20, if he continues to play at a high level, I really wish they would have saved that money they used on Clady. I was ok with his contract, but would have liked to have seen that money used elsewhere. Though, I guess it will not be that long till the Brock era kicks off and he is going to need a top shelf LT for a bit.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to keep in mind with Jackson improving is the team has options next year on whether or not to re-sign Ayers. Oh and I agree it was a good read.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another "color me surprised" and hindsight being 20/20, if he continues to play at a high level, I really wish they would have saved that money they used on Clady. I was ok with his contract, but would have liked to have seen that money used elsewhere. Though, I guess it will not be that long till the Brock era kicks off and he is going to need a top shelf LT for a bit.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. They had to sign Clady. It was the prudent thing to do.

You don't roll the dice on unproven talent, even if in hindsight, you realize Manning makes OK O-linemen look pro bowl caliber. It would have been stupid to let Clady walk. And he did deserve to get paid for the performance he has put it over the years. He still performed pretty well with Cutler,Orton and Tebow.

Some QB's can also make an O-lineman look worse than they really are.

:rollseyes:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, even with Clady's contract Denver ended up over $9 MM under the cap. They did well to lock up Clady with a fair contract for both sides. And Clark mentioned learning a lot from Clady. With an O-line it's good to have the depth (as Denver has learned this season)