• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Make or break time is here... we, amazingly, still control our own ACCCG destiny

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this season a total loss? Are we only playing for next year and to keep the bowl streak alive (which isn't really an accomplishment these days)? Or is this where star players step-up, prospects become playmakers and we roll momentum to another ACCCG, finish strong in recruiting and bring the ruckas right into Atlanta next September? JC, LT, anyone in the secondary, I'm looking at you?

Next Four Weeks -
@ Klempson
Bye
@ Da Boats'n Hoez U (Thurs)
vs. FSU (Thurs)

Since UNC can't win the Coastal (haha), we still have a legit shot at going to the ACCCG. More than a legit shot even. If we beat our Coastal foes, it might not even matter how we do this weekend or vs. FSU. Why?

The competition is WEAK.

The only contenders for the Coastal title are Miami and... sigh, sign of the times... Duke. Yes, Duke. For any Coastal scenario, beating Miami is a must. So, who do Miami and Duke play over the next four weeks?

Duke -
vs UNC
@ #14 Florida State
vs #19 Clemson

I didn't realize it (because I didn't give enough of a fuck to even look at the beginning of the season), but Duke has the same crossover competition that we do. All we need to have happen here is for Duke to lose one of these games and they'll have bought us some breathing room. If they lose two here we can finish with 3 ACC loses and still go to Charlotte.

Miami-
vs #14 Florida State
vs Virginia Tech
@ Virginia

If Miami loses to FSU (likely, if you've been seeing the boxscores coming out of South Beach this season) we still need to beat Miami. When we do though, we'll have a 2-game buffer. They'll have 3 ACC loses and we'll have either 1 or 2.

Better news for us still... Miami plays @ Duke the last week of the season so one of these teams is going down no matter what. We can lose to Klempson, beat Miami, lose to FSU and still have a very likely chance at the ACCCG... and by that point, who knows what can happen.

Big thank you to UNCheat for fucking up. I was actually rooting for Miami this weekend until I remembered that UNC is ineligible. Would be hilariously ironic if they're best chance at an ACC title was disqualified due to their past transgressions... that got them zero ACC titles and zero ACCCG appearances.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this season a total loss? Are we only playing for next year and to keep the bowl streak alive (which isn't really an accomplishment these days)? Or is this where star players step-up, prospects become playmakers and we roll momentum to another ACCCG, finish strong in recruiting and bring the ruckas right into Atlanta next September? JC, LT, anyone in the secondary, I'm looking at you?

Next Four Weeks -
@ Klempson
Bye
@ Da Boats'n Hoez U (Thurs)
vs. FSU (Thurs)

Since UNC can't win the Coastal (haha), we still have a legit shot at going to the ACCCG. More than a legit shot even. If we beat our Coastal foes, it might not even matter how we do this weekend or vs. FSU. Why?

The competition is WEAK.

The only contenders for the Coastal title are Miami and... sigh, sign of the times... Duke. Yes, Duke. For any Coastal scenario, beating Miami is a must. So, who do Miami and Duke play over the next four weeks?

Duke -
vs UNC
@ #14 Florida State
vs #19 Clemson

I didn't realize it (because I didn't give enough of a fuck to even look at the beginning of the season), but Duke has the same crossover competition that we do. All we need to have happen here is for Duke to lose one of these games and they'll have bought us some breathing room. If they lose two here we can finish with 3 ACC loses and still go to Charlotte.

Miami-
vs #14 Florida State
vs Virginia Tech
@ Virginia

If Miami loses to FSU (likely, if you've been seeing the boxscores coming out of South Beach this season) we still need to beat Miami. When we do though, we'll have a 2-game buffer. They'll have 3 ACC loses and we'll have either 1 or 2.

Better news for us still... Miami plays @ Duke the last week of the season so one of these teams is going down no matter what. We can lose to Klempson, beat Miami, lose to FSU and still have a very likely chance at the ACCCG... and by that point, who knows what can happen.

Big thank you to UNCheat for fucking up. I was actually rooting for Miami this weekend until I remembered that UNC is ineligible. Would be hilariously ironic if they're best chance at an ACC title was disqualified due to their past transgressions... that got them zero ACC titles and zero ACCCG appearances.

I'd rather we just win 'em all:D

and yes, that would be pretty damn funny

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I want to go to the ACC Champ game every year, its obvious we don't deserve it this year based on how we've played thus far, and that will just reinforce the fact that no coaching moves or adjustments will be made.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As much as I want to go to the ACC Champ game every year, its obvious we don't deserve it this year based on how we've played thus far, and that will just reinforce the fact that no coaching moves or adjustments will be made.

I disagree.

So far, VT has only lost one ACC game. VT plays the toughest ACC teams. If they can win enough games, they deserve it. The only argument for "not deserving it" would be if they won enough games, but didn't play the same tough teams the other division contenders played. That won't be the case.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing i do agree with on ckhokie's post is that if we make the ACCCG, we a pretty much guaranteed that we will not see any of the coaching changes that all of us fans are so desperately wanting

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

So far, VT has only lost one ACC game. VT plays the toughest ACC teams. If they can win enough games, they deserve it. The only argument for "not deserving it" would be if they won enough games, but didn't play the same tough teams the other division contenders played. That won't be the case.

Obviously if we can win 4 of our last 5, we should.

If we get crushed by Clemson and FSU, then back into the Champ game because UNC is ineligible, only to lose again, I will stand by not deserving it.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Obviously if we can win 4 of our last 5, we should.

If we get crushed by Clemson and FSU, then back into the Champ game because UNC is ineligible, only to lose again, I will stand by not deserving it.

I disagree.

In that very specific case, UNC doesn't go because they broke the rules.

The one part of your post I agree with about that scenario is that you likely won't see any coaching changes.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can agree with the fact that if we lose the FSU and Clemson but win the rest .. that we probably are undeserving .. It looks like UVA and BC are the bottom of the ACC barrel and FSU, Clemson, and UNC are possibly the best 3 teams in the ACC ... We go 0-3 against the best ACC teams -- we don't deserve to be in there .. but ....

if we win out, wouldn't that be some shit? I'd love it just because of the smack in the face that it would shut the disney boys the fuck up. An even better scenario?? Go to the Orange and beat an undefeated team like, say, Notre Dame?? That's a dream (if Notre Dame is X and 0, they'll be in the Natty).

As far as OL coaching goes, I have a feeling that the injuries may end up being his scapegoat.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will hold out hope that Newsome is gone no matter what happens the rest of the way. His guys played so badly the first half of the year, when they were healthy, that I don't see how that can be excused. Frank isn't blind, and I don't see why he'd have the same kind of allegiance to Newsome that he does to other guys on the staff in the first place. Wasn't a guy he coached, isn't a long-time assistant, etc.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Beamer doesn't get rid of Newsome then he's a weak, weak old man. Surely he can see that there is a problem and has been for quite some time. Wilson, Ryan Williams, Tyrod etc made the running game. And what was all that crap with Beamer pumping Holmes up in the offseason? He is just not that good and is at the very least the 2nd best RB on the team behind Coleman. It's more proof that Beamer does not know offense and should stay out of it altogether

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deserving or not... at a very disappointing 4-3, we still have the chance to go to a major bowl. Pretty amazing and encouraging.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Forget this "deserving" BS! Alabama lost at home to LSU last year. They didn't "deserve" a rematch, but they got one and took advantage. They played by the rules: they're National Champs.

Tech is a bad football team this year. We all know that. However, if we somehow make it to Charlotte, it'll be because our guys played by the rules to get there.

Same for every other team.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget this "deserving" BS! Alabama lost at home to LSU last year. They didn't "deserve" a rematch, but they got one and took advantage. They played by the rules: they're National Champs.

Tech is a bad football team this year. We all know that. However, if we somehow make it to Charlotte, it'll be because our guys played by the rules to get there.

Same for every other team.
BOO YAH

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With Miami losing to FSU, the only help we need now is Duke losing (who have @ Clemson, FSU, @ GT, and Miami left). Assume Duke will be heavy dogs and lose to Clemson and FSU. We can beat Miami, UVa, and one of BC/FSU, and we own all tiebreakers. Next Thursday is Judgement Day.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing is that if we pull it together and knock off Da U and F$U, then we'd likely get a rematch with Clemson again.....assuming NCSU doesn't run the table.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now need a Duke loss and to run the table to go to the ACCCG.

I'm fairly sure what I just typed is from the book of Revelations.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now need a Duke loss
a_really_bad_day.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me hopes Duke somehow wins the ACC just because I think it would be funny to see every other school from now until the end of time pretending the 2012 season never happened. Just think, in 30 years someone will look back and see 2012 ACC Champs: Duke and think "wait, that's got to be a typo".