• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Make or break time is here... we, amazingly, still control our own ACCCG destiny

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We now need a Duke loss and to run the table to go to the ACCCG.

I'm fairly sure what I just typed is from the book of Revelations.
Bahahaha..perfect analogy..a little part of meis rooting for them

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me hopes Duke somehow wins the ACC just because I think it would be funny to see every other school from now until the end of time pretending the 2012 season never happened. Just think, in 30 years someone will look back and see 2012 ACC Champs: Duke and think "wait, that's got to be a typo".
Must be basketball

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think VT has a better chance of beating overrated FSU than beating Miami. 4-0 at Lane, 0-4 away from Lane. With that said, I see VT beating both those teams and heading to the ACCCG at 8-4(6-2) to face Clemson.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell we beat FSU.

I don't know which FSU team you have been watching Matt, but they don't exactly look like world beaters to me. THey should beat The Dookies in Tallyhassee..but the last 3 games are not going to be a walk in the park (@MD, @VT, vs. Fla.) for them. They are clearly not the Top 5 team they were thought to be a month ago. They needed a very good 4th quarter to put Miami away and just lost a good RB.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess it will depend on which fsu team shows up. i think jimbo fisher is an average coach at best, but the players will be ready to play VT. they wont overlook us like nc state. there is a major talent gap between fsu and VT

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess it will depend on which fsu team shows up. i think jimbo fisher is an average coach at best, but the players will be ready to play VT. they wont overlook us like nc state. there is a major talent gap between fsu and VT

True..but FSU has "always" had more talent and was the pre-season choice nearly every year since VT has joined the ACC. The Hokies aren't scared or intimidated by them..nor should they be. If it was away, would say it would be a steep uphill battle for us. Being that it is at Lane on a (probably cold)Thursday night, I think gives Beams, LT, and Co. an advantage.

It is hard to say, but I think the way they play in that (FSU) game, will depend alot on how the U game goes. If they win vs. the U..they could ride the momentum, see the ACC Coastal in their sight, and come out pumped up and ready to go. If the U beats them down...maybe not so much.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our series with fsu is so lopsided. i realize a lot of that wasnt recent. still, i think we either get dump trucked by fsu, or we win close. we generally win the close games when at home. away from lane... diff story for sure.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
both offenses have been inconsistent .. both defenses (VT only as of late) have played very well. FSU has lost some key players but, unless our offense can really step it up (namely our oline), I don't see them doing a damn thing against FSU's defense (especially run). LT needs to be sharp. We need some big pass plays and for our defense to force short fields. Either way, I think it's a lower scoring game and close. But this is college football and both of these can dominate or look very mediocre on any given Saturday.

FSU-21
VT-13

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is beating FSU justification for storming the field? Or would that just be embarrassing for our program given that normally it wouldn't be..

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is beating FSU justification for storming the field? Or would that just be embarrassing for our program given that normally it wouldn't be..

yeah, no. That would be embarrassing.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if fsu hadnt lost to nc state, and we hadnt lost to.... everyone....it might be more appropriate to storm the field. but not now. fuck no.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, I think people would still storm the field. Dumb students look for any reason to storm the field. Probably the same ones who throw paper airplanes.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Storming the field is fun.

Yes, not appropriate, but I wouldn't keep a senior from doing it.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a buddy that went to that other school in Virginia, they stormed the field once, and he broke his ankle getting down to the field...damn wahoos can't even celebrate right

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a buddy that went to that other school in Virginia, they stormed the field once, and he broke his ankle getting down to the field...damn wahoos can't even celebrate right

I went to the GT @ UVa game when Joe Hamliton was GT's QB and was heavily favored (must've been '98 or '99... I think '98). UVa won and they stormed the field... and unsuccessfully tried to pull down the goalposts.

Pretty fun(ny) to watch. Took about 30 mins for them to give up.