• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Magic Johnson on First Take

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
:pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic has poisoned the well.

Dude, this is the same guy who talked Shit about West to the Clippers...

Who has dismissed the Clippers as a destination every chance he gets.

All of a sudden, the Clippers are the better option?

:scratch: Hmmm...wonder what changed his mind.

I guess the name on the back of the Jersey inspires more loyalty than the one on the front.

The meds are getting to him

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo!!!!

Why are these former Lakers players going rogue?

Byron Scott just said on NBA Jump, much to Ramona Shelburne's dismay, that a guy like Kawhi, and other free agents, should look at the Clippers, before the Lakers.

tenor.gif

Lol. He's a stooge. If Jeanie Buss dialed him up and asked for his input (like she's doing with 100 other people apparently), he'd be there in a second.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much the only answer any owner would ever give to such a question.

I don't think there is zero chance that the Pelicans would trade to the Lakers but I would say that it is pretty far from their ideal.

If AD wants to be a Laker, he will be one, so it makes no sense to think you're going to keep him away from the Lakers. We just don't know if he's that set on any particular destination. So if anything, by eliminating the Lakers as a trade possibility severely limits your options as to who will give you a solid offer. If his only "extension destinations" are the first four he reported (Lakers, Clippers, Knicks, Bucks), you're now down to 3. What Bucks offer is going to include young talent? Or the Clippers? They don't own their pick this year, but have two 2nd team rookies. What else would they have to offer to entice the Pels? You're really down to the Knicks IMO, and without any real competition, why would they bid against themselves?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AD wants to be a Laker, he will be one, so it makes no sense to think you're going to keep him away from the Lakers. We just don't know if he's that set on any particular destination. So if anything, by eliminating the Lakers as a trade possibility severely limits your options as to who will give you a solid offer. If his only "extension destinations" are the first four he reported (Lakers, Clippers, Knicks, Bucks), you're now down to 3. What Bucks offer is going to include young talent? Or the Clippers? They don't own their pick this year, but have two 2nd team rookies. What else would they have to offer to entice the Pels? You're really down to the Knicks IMO, and without any real competition, why would they bid against themselves?

Well the Lakers will certainly be considered. The Pels are going to listen to any offers.

I suspect the Knicks will go all in to get AD.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to the Lakers in signing any top tier FAs this off-season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much the only answer any owner would ever give to such a question.

I don't think there is zero chance that the Pelicans would trade to the Lakers but I would say that it is pretty far from their ideal.

From what I've read/heard, she isn't nearly as "over my dead body" as was reported.

I've also read/heard that both Gentry and Griffin like the Lakers kids that would be coming in a trade. The Lakers being willing to take Solomon Hill's contract helps as well.

Having said that, I've also read/heard that while the Pels would deal with them, the Lakers would have to have a "clear win" with their offer.

I haven't heard anything about how Gentry and Griffin like the Lakers kids in comparison to the Knicks kids. So I don't know if they like the Lakers kids enough to qualify as a "clear win".

My guess would be that if the Pels don't want Lonzo and the Lakers could trade him to the Suns or Bulls for the 6 or 7 pick, that might do it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read/heard, she isn't nearly as "over my dead body" as was reported.

I've also read/heard that both Gentry and Griffin like the Lakers kids that would be coming in a trade. The Lakers being willing to take Solomon Hill's contract helps as well.

Having said that, I've also read/heard that while the Pels would deal with them, the Lakers would have to have a "clear win" with their offer.

I haven't heard anything about how Gentry and Griffin like the Lakers kids in comparison to the Knicks kids. So I don't know if they like the Lakers kids enough to qualify as a "clear win".

My guess would be that if the Pels don't want Lonzo and the Lakers could trade him to the Suns or Bulls for the 6 or 7 pick, that might do it.

As I said in the past, if the Lakers could get the 6 pick in the draft for Ball they should probably do it no matter what.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in the past, if the Lakers could get the 6 pick in the draft for Ball they should probably do it no matter what.
if the Lakers can get the #6 pick i nthe draft for Lonzo Ball the Cavs should trade Cedi Osman for Damian Lillard.

Why any team would give up a 10 ten pick for a point guard that cant shoot or cant stay healthy is beyond me.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Lakers can get the #6 pick i nthe draft for Lonzo Ball the Cavs should trade Cedi Osman for Damian Lillard.

Why any team would give up a 10 ten pick for a point guard that cant shoot or cant stay healthy is beyond me.

There is more to playing PG in the NBA than scoring.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more to playing PG in the NBA than scoring.

I agree. And I think that Lonzo is still capable of being a very good PG. He's a very good playmaker and a solid defender.

But he is entering his 3rd year now and injuries have, so far, really limited his growth. IMO, fans and teams are willing to give up on PGs too early. Which is why I think that the Lakers are probably better off keeping him because they aren't like to get a high lottery pick back for him. Look at what the Lakers got in return for D'Angelo Russell.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. And I think that Lonzo is still capable of being a very good PG. He's a very good playmaker and a solid defender.

But he is entering his 3rd year now and injuries have, so far, really limited his growth. IMO, fans and teams are willing to give up on PGs too early. Which is why I think that the Lakers are probably better off keeping him because they aren't like to get a high lottery pick back for him. Look at what the Lakers got in return for D'Angelo Russell.

Kyle Kuzma and a much-needed salary dump?

Lonzo was turning the corner in terms of confidence and aggression offensively when he got hurt this year. EVERYONE turns an ankle in the NBA, not exactly a worry. The Lakers have also treated him with kid gloves when hurt, erring on the side of caution.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get Brooklyn for him. Knicks make more sense IMO.

I heard the one way they go after Kyrie is if they pull off the AD trade, that trade would include D-Lo, Allen, etc. Kyrie-AD is the plan but doesn't seem all that likely.