• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maddux, Glavine, Thomas elected to HOF

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three greats made it. Biggie should have, too.

Piazza and Bagwell were dirty. Hope they never make it in.

Lee Smith deserves to be in, too.

This is one of the dumbest things I've read today. Well done.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only knock that I ever had on Maddux was that he was average at best in the postseason, 11-14 with a 3.27 ERA

That is not "average at best."

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's it, I'm a drive by trash talker.

Piazza admitted using PEDS. Read his book.

Bagwell never admitted using PEDS, but funny how he doubled in size and started hitting 40 HR's a year all of a sudden. Even if he didn't use PEDS, he endorsed their use. A guy who cares little for the integrity of the game doesn't belong in the HOF.

Lee is 3rd all-time in Saves. He was among the elite of all-time. When you think of the greatest Closers of all-time he immediately comes to mind.

Do you have anything credible that Bags used PEDs? Please provide it or quit throwing out YOUR accusations.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only knock that I ever had on Maddux was that he was average at best in the postseason, 11-14 with a 3.27 ERA

Average? Hell, his regular season ERA was only 3.16.

That being said, I don't have the numbers in front of me but I seem to recall that he gave up a ton of unearned runs in the playoffs and his postseason ERA actually overrates his contributions... may be remembering this wrong though.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like keeping Lou Gehrig out because he was a failed outfielder.

Brilliant.

In a full season an outfielder and a first baseman play the same number of games and get the same number of plate appearances.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's it, I'm a drive by trash talker.

Piazza admitted using PEDS. Read his book.

Bagwell never admitted using PEDS, but funny how he doubled in size and started hitting 40 HR's a year all of a sudden. Even if he didn't use PEDS, he endorsed their use. A guy who cares little for the integrity of the game doesn't belong in the HOF.

Lee is 3rd all-time in Saves. He was among the elite of all-time. When you think of the greatest Closers of all-time he immediately comes to mind.

When I took part in an "all-time" 16 team career draft (one "closer" per team) I don't believe he was even selected by anyone.

gunnarthor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Greg Maddux the odd man out on a 10-man ballot?
I could see someone worrying that a guy like Kent or Moose might fall of the ballot and deciding to load up on guys downballot knowing that the other voters would take care of Maddux.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maddux had 72 ER in the postseason. 97 runs allowed overall. That is a lot.

gunnarthor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad dog was awesome, man. Great talent.
Yeah, I think he's getting the short end of the stick - esp if you think he was a clean slugger in the PED era. I'd have voted for him. I wonder if the voters hold the fact that he turned down a trade to a contender near the end of his career against him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Glavin got in, there's no reason Mussina, who had ultimately essentially the same career in about the same way, shouldn't be in. That's mistake number one.

Mistake number two is keeping Biggio out. Again.

Mistake number three is keeping truly great players out because they might have used some sort of PED before they were outlawed. Professional athletes seek competitive edges. It's their job. Take away half of Bonds's homers, though, and he's still an all-time elite hitter.

gunnarthor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Glavin got in, there's no reason Mussina, who had ultimately essentially the same career in about the same way, shouldn't be in. That's mistake number one.

Mistake number two is keeping Biggio out. Again.

Mistake number three is keeping truly great players out because they might have used some sort of PED before they were outlawed. Professional athletes seek competitive edges. It's their job. Take away half of Bonds's homers, though, and he's still an all-time elite hitter.
Well, I believe Bonds was taking PEDs after they were outlawed as well.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely forgot about this commercial.

Last edited by a moderator: