• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mad Men

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy does really awesome reviews of each episode. He always talks about something that I didn't notice during the viewing. Review: Mad Men - Far Away Places: The HoJo code

I didn’t watch the series when it first came out, but have become addicted to it thru NetFlix. In season 4 now, closing in on current shows. It’s one of the few shows that can hold my interest, even after the main characters have said maybe 25 words of dialog the entire episode. I love his ex-wife and all of her depression, self-loathing, bitchiness.......

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy does really awesome reviews of each episode. He always talks about something that I didn't notice during the viewing. Review: Mad Men - Far Away Places: The HoJo code

Yeah, that's Alan Sepinwall. He's probably the best TV critic out there right now. He cleared up a lot of the confusion of the episode for me. I had figured out the Don/Roger parallel but totally missed out on the Peggy part.

Also, I fairly certain someone will die this season. Every episode this season has some subtle mention of death in it. Like last night when Roger met Don in his office, Don was shocked to see him there and said "Did somebody die?". Every episode has something similar to that. Its just not plain (as of yet) who may kick the bucket.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sally could've seen worse. I love how she summed everything up though.

"How's the city?"

"Dirty"

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's Neo? :shocked:

EhXx4.jpg

keanu-reeves-whoa.jpg

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's she's fat or the fact that it seemed like she kinda sorta wanted to die? I sort of liked it. It showed that she's still just a spoiled child in the body of a woman. Life hasn't gone her way so she eats (now she's fat). When it turns out she may cancer, she loves the attention. But when it turns out she's fine, she's back to pouting.

Other thoughts:

That Ginsberg character could be interesting.

Pete is such an asshole but I love it.

WTF is up with Harry? He's gotten super greasy and sleezy.

Everyone else I know seems to be put off by Pete being an asshole, I've enjoyed it.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that how they say hello in France?

Roger Sterling is the fucking man.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexis Bledel looked damn sexy. Well done, Pete!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sally could've seen worse. I love how she summed everything up though.

"How's the city?"

"Dirty"

:lol: yeah that was great.

My favorite line from that episode though:

Megan's father says: "There's nothing you can do, Don. One day your little girl will spread her legs and fly away"(Roger starts cracking up) "It's wings daddy."

That episode was probably top 3 for me. One of the best.

Methinks Don's going to have a mental breakdown over Megan wanting to act. You can tell he's pretty steamed. Ye all saw what happened when Betty wanted to model. :nono: :rant: :smokin:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol 2 Betty's fail at real life trolling

People complain about her character all the time but I think she does a great job being a spoiled, bratty bitch.

Also, there was some serious side boob in Pete's daydream. Had to be CGI. No way that coat stays on like it did.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People complain about her character all the time but I think she does a great job being a spoiled, bratty bitch.

Also, there was some serious side boob in Pete's daydream. Had to be CGI. No way that coat stays on like it did.

Double-sided tape!