• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mack Brown says that Texas didn't offer Manzel a scholarship to play at safety

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem Texas has IS the CAN'T MISS prospects. They all seem to miss.

Look at your RB's. Johnathan Gray, Malcolm Brown, Joe Bergeron. 98% of the schools in the country would kill for that depth and quality. Sadly, Texas is ranked 43rd in the country in rushing and don't have a single player ranked in the Top 40 for Rushing Yards Per Game.

Jackson Jeffcoat is going to be good in the NFL. Why not now? These are all 5 star players playing well below their star level coming out of high school, much less the 19 returning starters that got embarrassed by BYU and Ole Miss.

In my humble opinion, Texas gets a lot of guys that have maxed out in high school and just don't get much better in college. They have already reached their ceiling at 18 years old. Time to get some guys that will be studs in 2 to 3 years as opposed to the best right now in the high school ranks.

Jeffcoat is way off base. He has been a top player. The issue for him is health. That is not on the staff. The issue is not even so much the misses. Texas is generally in he top 3 of NFL players, so you can argue they are actually developing players. There was an article about Bama and the lack of success of their players in the NFL. Texas is the opposite. I think this is the greatest distinction. Bama's sum is greater than it parts. Texas's parts are greater than its sum. Saban gets them to play together and compete for a singular goal. Mack? Not so much.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown also passed on Drew Brees and Andrew Luck.

-
Think of all these QBs that are Texas missed on. Have you noticed were they went? Not one went to a big time program. Most of you should ask why you missed on them. Texas missed on them, but so did most of the nation. It is not like they went to OU, Neb, LSU, USC, or Bama. Schools were Baylor, Purdue, Stanford, and A&M.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously don't pay that much attention to detail. Jeffcoat is the current Big 12 Defensive player of the Week and Gray is the Offensive POTW.
You probably also don't remember how Jeffcoat has had 2 seasons end early due to injuries.
Name the Texas RB that wasn't injured last season and didn't miss a game? Trick question, everyone missed at least one game.

The only detail worth noting is that Texas ranks as the top recruiting school in the Big 12 year in and year out.

The past 3 years Texas has finished T3 (5-4), T6 (4-5), and DFL in the Big 12 South in 2010. That is 11-15 in the past 3 years in conference play for the team with the best recruits.

Congrats to Jeffcoat and Gray. Now it is time for them to win more than 5 conference games.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffcoat is way off base. He has been a top player. The issue for him is health. That is not on the staff. The issue is not even so much the misses. Texas is generally in he top 3 of NFL players, so you can argue they are actually developing players. There was an article about Bama and the lack of success of their players in the NFL. Texas is the opposite. I think this is the greatest distinction. Bama's sum is greater than it parts. Texas's parts are greater than its sum. Saban gets them to play together and compete for a singular goal. Mack? Not so much.

Spot on.

Too much talent to lose so many games.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only detail worth noting is that Texas ranks as the top recruiting school in the Big 12 year in and year out.

The past 3 years Texas has finished T3 (5-4), T6 (4-5), and DFL in the Big 12 South in 2010. That is 11-15 in the past 3 years in conference play for the team with the best recruits.

Congrats to Jeffcoat and Gray. Now it is time for them to win more than 5 conference games.

In the prior 9 years Texas went 101-16. That run of 10 wins was only exceeded by 1 team in the history of college football.
... and Mack, as much as he sucks, has a 6 game winning streak versus a team dear to your heart.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call BS on the OL and your RBs.

You don't have a single guy that will stick a foot in the ground, make a decisive cut and get up field amongst your RBs. You also don't a have a RB that will put a shoulder down into and after contact while also switching gears and/or shedding tackles.

Every single one of your RBs runs high and is easily tackled by a single player. Where is the aggression? Where is the movement? Where is the ability to make people miss?

You have a bevy or 5* RBs in your backfield, and I wouldn't trade for any of them.

You have 0 idea what you are talking about. 0. Gray is a true sophmore who is playing good football. O-line has been disasterous. Gray is offensive player of the week. You obviously didn't see the block that our RB put on K State Defensive End last week? One of the most brutal blocks I have ever seen. I literally thought the guys ribs were going to spout through his back. If anyone can find it post please.

Also, a Nebraska fan talking trash about Texas is hilarious.:laugh3:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have 0 idea what you are talking about. 0. Gray is a true sophmore who is playing good football. O-line has been disasterous. Gray is offensive player of the week. You obviously didn't see the block that our RB put on K State Defensive End last week? One of the most brutal blocks I have ever seen. I literally thought the guys ribs were going to spout through his back. If anyone can find it post please.

Also, a Nebraska fan talking trash about Texas is hilarious.:laugh3:

I'll talk trash about Texas all I want.

Whether you beat my team or not does not have any impact on my knowledge of your fucking pathetic coach and football program. A program you parade around as the best in the country and the envy of everybody else in the college football landscape.

Newsflash. Nobody envy's your program. Hell, 99% laugh at your lack of success with all your inherent advantages.

What I find hilarious is Texas fans making excuses for being a middle of the pack Big 12 team in a shit conference year after year. Isn't everything in Texas supposedly bigger and better? If so, then shut the fuck up and win something.

Talk all the shit you want, but you still don't have as many National Championships as that little Podunk state in Nebraska.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't maxed out....they aren't getting DEVELOPED at Texas.

And as far as the RBs go, that's more of an OL problem than a problem with the RBs.

Player development, outside of the secondary, has been a real problem at Texas the last few years. I think part of the issue is that the assistant coaches are in waaaaaaay over their heads. That's Mack's fault for hiring the wrong coordinators.

one problem with their talent is that they are recruited in their sophomore or junior year of high school and don't really progress like one would think (kind of like all of those high school basketball players that went to the NBA and didn't do shit)

they need to try to get away from recruiting only star power and get some more grit en sech... find some 2-star, small school kid who can run a 4.3 and let him get the ball once or twice a game... no need in loading up on 5-star players who ride the bench for 2 or 3 years and think they are hot shit

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Fuck. The guy just won the Heisman Trophy last year playing for your team in its best year in well over 2 decades and you can't even fucking spell his name?

Manzel?

Geezus Christmas.
Well he didn't know that a safety is a DB, so...

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, had Nebraska not picked up their skirts and fled to another conference, our winning percentage would be better. 3 things are certain in Austin, TX:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Beating Big Red

Aside from that smartass remark by me, I think you have some valid points, although I disagree about our RB's. Our RB's are just fine; problem is, our O-line is the softest in the country and has been for the last 2 years. That SEC coach Mack brought in to coach our OL is one of the worst in the country. I honestly believe I could whip our entire OL by myself and all at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll talk trash about Texas all I want.

Whether you beat my team or not does not have any impact on my knowledge of your fucking pathetic coach and football program. A program you parade around as the best in the country and the envy of everybody else in the college football landscape.

Newsflash. Nobody envy's your program. Hell, 99% laugh at your lack of success with all your inherent advantages.

What I find hilarious is Texas fans making excuses for being a middle of the pack Big 12 team in a shit conference year after year. Isn't everything in Texas supposedly bigger and better? If so, then shut the fuck up and win something.

Talk all the shit you want, but you still don't have as many National Championships as that little Podunk state in Nebraska.

You mean that shit conference Nebraska couldn't even compete in? That shit conference where the KU football team, not basketball team, but the KU football team once dropped 70 + pts on that Pink Shirt defense? That shit conference?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit conference? :lol:

Check the calander huskerOC. It was the '90s when you last won that "shit conference". Does that mean braska is a "shit program"?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean that shit conference Nebraska couldn't even compete in? That shit conference where the KU football team, not basketball team, but the KU football team once dropped 70 + pts on that Pink Shirt defense? That shit conference?

Yes, that shit conference that the almighty Texas hasn't won for 4 years running and has only won 3 times over the entire existence of the conference since 1996.

3 for 17. An 18% success rate in a conference of Oklahoma and a bunch of teams you should beat by simply showing up.

Keep fading your hate towards Nebraska and our failures. No skin off of our back when you suck. And continually suck without any excuses.

God Bless Texas.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit conference? :lol:

Check the calander huskerOC. It was the '90s when you last won that "shit conference". Does that mean braska is a "shit program"?

Yes, Nebraska is a shit program right now. We can't beat anybody with a pulse and shit the bed continually on national TV.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ Nebraska letting a walkon, backup quarterback from Texas Tech come into their house and light it up against Suh and the black shirts

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one problem with their talent is that they are recruited in their sophomore or junior year of high school and don't really progress like one would think (kind of like all of those high school basketball players that went to the NBA and didn't do shit)

they need to try to get away from recruiting only star power and get some more grit en sech... find some 2-star, small school kid who can run a 4.3 and let him get the ball once or twice a game... no need in loading up on 5-star players who ride the bench for 2 or 3 years and think they are hot shit

That's what they are doing this year. Whether it's intentional or has just happened that way is up in the air.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ Nebraska letting a walkon, backup quarterback from Texas Tech come into their house and light it up against Suh and the black shirts

Fantastic win for Tech.

Can you tell me the story about all your conference championships and BCS bowl games?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I beg to differ that Jeffcoat will be great in the nfl.

That point made, now yall can get back to your topic.

Pardon the interruption.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ape8u4eh.jpg

What a bad picture...Mack looks like a creepy kid toucher.