• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac Jones Highest Rated Rookie QB

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pats fans generally do not put a whole lot of hype into the preseason as many times our team has completely sucked during preseason and then gone on to win the Super Bowl that same year.

How often does that happen to the Browns?

While Jones may not have faced a lot(if any) of starting D's during preseason he has faced a starting D all week in practice and that was obviously enough for Belichick to name him the starter.

Well there seems to be hype for this preseason from some Pats fan. If your team was still in dynasty mode PatsNation would be laughing at any team that had fans that would over hype preseason.

I haven't taken any shots at you team. And now you're the second Pats homer that mentioned the Browns for no reason. Funny stuff. Homer on!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the same homeristic idiot that complained repeatedly in 2019 when your Pats got caught again illegally videotaping a team that the Browns should have gotten in trouble for what your team did. And why the hell were they in Cleveland illegally videotaping Cincy in the first place?

Loosen your custom homer helmet. It's cutting off the oxygen to your brain.
LOL!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked a legit question. I wasn't taking any shots at your team. So answer my question. What % of snaps did Jones face a starting D?

Let's say T. Lawrence finished the preseason as the highest rated rookie QB. You wouldn't want to know if he played against starters, a second team D or some random group of players that won't be on a roster week one?

And it's funny (but expected) you ignored
Well there seems to be hype for this preseason from some Pats fan. If your team was still in dynasty mode PatsNation would be laughing at any team that had fans that would over hype preseason.

I haven't taken any shots at you team. And now you're the second Pats homer that mentioned the Browns for no reason. Funny stuff. Homer on!
Been carrying that around awhile?

So now the Browns are relevant?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been carrying that around awhile?

So now the Browns are relevant?

No not at all. You took that sarcastic Austin Powers thing I posted as some kinda insult to your team. You've seen enough of my comments. You should know by now I always do stuff like that.

I was trying to have a legit conversation. But that's obviously not possible in this thread.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked a legit question. I wasn't taking any shots at your team. So answer my question. What % of snaps did Jones face a starting D?

Let's say T. Lawrence finished the preseason as the highest rated rookie QB. You wouldn't want to know if he played against starters, a second team D or some random group of players that won't be on a roster week one?

And it's funny (but expected) you ignored the total bullshit you were spewing back in '19.
You already stated it's the preseason so no matter the answer it doesn't matter. There's a reason there ain't a preseason championship. I think it's an embarrassment that the NBA has a summer league championship. The only point to be made as a preseason performer is it begins to validate players.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not at all. You took that sarcastic Austin Powers thing I posted as some kinda insult to your team. You've seen enough of my comments. You should know by now I always do stuff like that.

I was trying to have a legit conversation. But that's obviously not possible in this thread.
What Austin Powers thing? Never saw the movie.
Insult? Have not seen it. You take yourself too seriously sometimes.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Untrue and the Browns are completely relevant until they lose 7 games...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh don't worry, we still laugh at them. As well as those that come to our board claiming the NE dynasty is over after one bad season in twenty.

This thread was about how Jones compared to the other rookies. Like them he faced some 1st D snaps( I don't know the exact count, go look it up if you are that concerned). He also faced some 2nd string as well as some guys who are no longer in the NFL. Bottom line was his numbers were better than those other rookies. After watching Cam last year, yes many of us are excited to see what this kid can do.
No overhype, we know there will be some freshman struggles. We have a total different team than we had last year. So after 2 decades of dominance followed up with a season that was hard to watch, we're ready for some football.

Stay classy or find the door.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you weren't. The first thing you did is belittle Mac Jones in a Patriots board. What do expect? We will just sit back and agree with you? Every Patriots fan in this realm has stated that he/she expects speed bumps and that Mac will have some struggles.

You contend that Lawrence, Wilson, Lance and Fields have all faced the opposition's first team D and Jones has not. For the second time, please provide your facts and the source.

Secondly, ""WE"" did not state the Mac was the highest rated anything. PFF did. And they did it prior to Cam Newton being cut. If you have a bitch about their grading system, why not call them and bitch about it?

Thirdly, what would expect if you went into the Broncos', Steelers', Chiefs' or any othe team board and belittled their players? Think you'd be cheered as a straight forward upscale guy?

Stop putting yourself on some pedestal and stop trying to convert believers of another Football Religion, to yours.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Austin Powers thing? Never saw the movie.
Insult? Have not seen it. You take yourself too seriously sometimes.

Now wait a minute. You incorrectly think I take myself too seriously yet you and some others in this thread truly think M. Jones finishing the preseason as the highest rated rookie QB means something. My bad for asking if he faced any starting D's in the preseason. A very legit question has set some of you off. Just hilarious.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now wait a minute. You incorrectly think I take myself too seriously yet you and some others in this thread truly think M. Jones finishing the preseason as the highest rated rookie QB means something. My bad for asking if he faced any starting D's in the preseason. A very legit question has set some of you off. Just hilarious.
It's actually not a legit question at all, in fact it's quite asinine, i'll explain.

1. None of the rookie QB faced starting Ds for any extended amount of time, it's preseason who play again who you play against.
2. I think the comment refers to who looked the most poised the most NFL ready. That was Jones coming out of college and that showed itself to be the case.
3. Most NFL ready does not mean highest ceiling. I feel Jones ceiling is lower than some others but that may be offset by how far ahead of them he may already be.
4. The Pats don't need a super elusive running QB which the game seems to be leaning too, the Pats like QBs that work the pocket and read the field while working the pocket. So while other rookie QBs look flashy they also don't look poised.
5. You're right about one thing and I agree let's not name him rookie of the year yet!! let's see how he looks after week 4 when NFL coordinators figure out how to attack him.
6. In the end the article is one man's opinion but others have reiterated that opinion.

As Pats fans dealing with Cam last year our hopes are high because Cam was horrid, and all fans tend to be a little biased when it comes to their players, especially the ones the like or are hanging their hat on.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually not a legit question at all, in fact it's quite asinine, i'll explain.

1. None of the rookie QB faced starting Ds for any extended amount of time, it's preseason who play again who you play against.
2. I think the comment refers to who looked the most poised the most NFL ready. That was Jones coming out of college and that showed itself to be the case.
3. Most NFL ready does not mean highest ceiling. I feel Jones ceiling is lower than some others but that may be offset by how far ahead of them he may already be.
4. The Pats don't need a super elusive running QB which the game seems to be leaning too, the Pats like QBs that work the pocket and read the field while working the pocket. So while other rookie QBs look flashy they also don't look poised.
5. You're right about one thing and I agree let's not name him rookie of the year yet!! let's see how he looks after week 4 when NFL coordinators figure out how to attack him.
6. In the end the article is one man's opinion but others have reiterated that opinion.

As Pats fans dealing with Cam last year our hopes are high because Cam was horrid, and all fans tend to be a little biased when

That's a whole lotta blah-blah-blah. It was the preseason.

And what makes this even funnier is when your team was still in dynasty mode you guys would have made fun of anyone that tried to pimp up their teams preseason stats. Homer on!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what makes this even funnier is when your team was still in dynasty mode you guys would have made fun of anyone that tried to pimp up their teams preseason stats. Homer on!
Okay so your intent is to be a douche. Did you even read it?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He finished the preseason as the highest rated rookie QB. That in itself means a little.
If he frinished the preseason as the lowest ranked rooie QB that would scare me - a lot.

We have reason for optimism.
You want an answer to your question? Your question will not get an answer. Dismissed.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently, nobody wants to engage you in a pissing contest. Watch the game! Your post above makes you look like an arrogant dick.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of triggered Pats homers that think the preseason means something. Too funny. You goofball's have a good day.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 279445

It was the preseason. What % of his snaps were against first string D's?

zero-points-alexander-keen.gif

I like Mac, there's just no need to start calling him the second coming just yet. Plenty of TEs and RBs to check down to, and I think Meyers is going to break out this year. Defense should be easily improved over last year's decimated squad.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zero-points-alexander-keen.gif

I like Mac, there's just no need to start calling him the second coming just yet. Plenty of TEs and RBs to check down to, and I think Meyers is going to break out this year. Defense should be easily improved over last year's decimated squad.

He's was a helluva QB at Bama. And I see no reason why he won't have success in the NFL. Looks like he has all the tools to succeed. But pimping him up because he was the highest rated rookie QB during preseason is just silly.